Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Invest in Dairy Business and earn 30% returns Per year

Register

Click Here!

rishisethu

Best practices i Dairy

Hi Manas,

what is the best fodder you give? I am strugglig for the past 2 years with this business yet to be acheive the ROI.

I am havig 15 cows out of which 13 are HF and 2 are Jersy. The farm is situated in Thajavur dt. I am selling the milk now at 20rs per lt, to Arokyaa.

There is another problem I am facing - the cows are delaying in getting pregnancy... so I cant replace them with good price/or re buyig of cows getting affected.

In case of jersy -the cow got pregnent by its 1st inseminisation after 45 days of delivery of calve.

What are some best practices that could be learnt?

Regards,
Sethu

aaditya_77

I want to visit your farm and want to get trained on diary business bcoz i want to start mine. If its ok with you thn msg me ..
thank You .

satish13

Dairy Farming

Hi,

i m also interested in Dairy Farming presently i hav 12 jercy....

i wnt to explore pl help me.

hdayanan

Hi Manas,

what is the best fodder you give? I am strugglig for the past 2 years with this business yet to be acheive the ROI.

I am havig 15 cows out of which 13 are HF and 2 are Jersy. The farm is situated in Thajavur dt. I am selling the milk now at 20rs per lt, to Arokyaa.

There is another problem I am facing - the cows are delaying in getting pregnancy... so I cant replace them with good price/or re buyig of cows getting affected.

In case of jersy -the cow got pregnent by its 1st inseminisation after 45 days of delivery of calve.

What are some best practices that could be learnt?

Regards,
Sethu
Cows not getting pregnant, atleast when they shows signs of heat is most probably due to Nutrition and body condition. Ofcourse you should get the health problems ruled out by a qualified Vet.

What I can quote from experience is we have had success feeding Chelated Mineral Mix, Timing of AI (crucial), Keen observation of Standing heat sign is absolutely necessary to have good success. Make sure that they are getting enough of balanced concentrate's.

Once you figure this out, things get to go well.
Good Luck,

Dayanand

vertical

hi

how much litter of milk does your HF and Jersey produce every day ?

what green fodder are u giving and how much per each cow?

and concentrate feed ? and how much drinking water?

do u have any chilling or foggier system in the shed?

how much cow dung u get per day? do u have vericompost unit? bio gas unit?

what is the cost of your green fodder and how much land are u using for growing fodders?

these basic answers need for any one to say why ones farm is going low in ROI

colavt

I do not have land. Want to take land on lease and start a dairy farm near Hyderabad. I am presently at Delhi. Contact me at

Last edited by a moderator:

rishisethu

thanks but I am still struggling after giving around 20kg green fodder and 6kg of skm per day and also cotton seed cake of 2kg.

the milk yeild also going down.

anil1956

clarifications

Dear friends,

This forum is free for all and as it is working even people with no credentials can advise anybody, no responsibility taken.

Now on one hand Manas reddy has claimed 30 % returns to investor itself, which means he must earn 40 % minimum else it does not make sense to run his industry and pay 30 % interest to investors.Definitely this is on higher side although on paper it can be shown ie., if every thing is successful. But as he has explained he is naive. I meet many prospective clients in my consulting business who are like manas from software industry starting agri business.

As a senior consultant let me wish all the best to Manas first. Then since Manas claims such good return and has security he must approach banks for funding where his COST OF FUNDS WILL BE ONLY 16 % MAX. WHY PAY 30 % TO PRIVATE INVESTORS BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!.
For investors an advise. Yes it is good to help, up coming entreprenuers in agri business by investing in their business, but they are not organised sectors if business slips the investors money can not be recovered.

Next Manas has started the business newly( 20 cows is a very small dairy farm) and as it expands the problems are going to be different which Manas has not factored hence he is calling public to invest.

From both these points Manas should approach bank for funding.

For Mahesh, why he is so much upset he should know people will not invest suddenly for such investment calls exceptions accepted.Further ROI of about 25 % may be possible in dairy business at smaller level with economies of scale high ROI is possible when value added products are introduced (difficulties in selling high quantum also comes free with size!!!!)

Manas if you have difficulty in approaching banks pl. let me know, I can be of some help.

anil patil
anil1956@hotmail.com

We are running the dairy farm very profitably in chittoor and selling the milk directly to major players like Tirumala Dairy and planning to increase capacity to 2500 liters a day in the next 2 years, long term plan is to become a major player in the industry.

We are looking for partners and investors to fuel this growth plan, we have investment options starting from 50,000/- Rupees to a few lakhs, with a guaranteed return of 30% Per Annum, investment of 2,00,000/- Rupees for a period of 3 years will get you returns of 5000/- rupees every month or a total sum of 4,00,000/- Rupees after completion of 3 year term

You will get the returns irrespective of the performance of the business and you don’t have to work, the investment are provided security of the dairy farm and a personal guarantee by the farm owners

following are additional details fo the current set up

Current set up:

Small Dairy Farm with 20 Crossbred Holstein Friesian cows
Initial investment Rs.21,90,000/-
Net profit per annum Rs.14,43,677/-

Breakeven point

Total investment /net profit = breakeven point

2190000/1443677= 1.5 years (all the investment will be recovered within 18 months)
Business risks and prospects:

Risks: this is a relatively risk free business as the market for the milk is guaranteed and cows can be covered by insurance
Prospects:
The business has high market growth and low market cap and protected by govenment as well due to the large number of farmers depending on it, which gives us an opportunity to expand like no other business can.

send me a PM with your contact details to be a part of this highly profitable venture

Manas Reddy

Last edited:

manas reddy

Thanks

Dear Mr. Anil,

thanks for the expert advise, this is an old thread which is still running, i have got the investment that i need long back and this not valid any more and you will get all the answers to your questions if you read the entire thread.

i will defiantly get in touch with you for bank processes

Cheers!!!

Manas Reddy

Dear friends,

This forum is free for all and as it is working even people with no credentials can advise anybody, no responsibility taken.

Now on one hand Manas reddy has claimed 30 % returns to investor itself, which means he must earn 40 % minimum else it does not make sense to run his industry and pay 30 % interest to investors.Definitely this is on higher side although on paper it can be shown ie., if every thing is successful. But as he has explained he is naive. I meet many prospective clients in my consulting business who are like manas from software industry starting agri business.

As a senior consultant let me wish all the best to Manas first. Then since Manas claims such good return and has security he must approach banks for funding where his COST OF FUNDS WILL BE ONLY 16 % MAX. WHY PAY 30 % TO PRIVATE INVESTORS BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!.
For investors an advise. Yes it is good to help, up coming entreprenuers in agri business by investing in their business, but they are not organised sectors if business slips the investors money can not be recovered.

Next Manas has started the business newly( 20 cows is a very small dairy farm) and as it expands the problems are going to be different which Manas has not factored hence he is calling public to invest.

From both these points Manas should approach bank for funding.

For Mahesh, why he is so much upset he should know people will not invest suddenly for such investment calls exceptions accepted.Further ROI of about 25 % may be possible in dairy business at smaller level with economies of scale high ROI is possible when value added products are introduced (difficulties in selling high quantum also comes free with size!!!!)

Manas if you have difficulty in approaching banks pl. let me know, I can be of some help.

anil patil
anil1956@hotmail.com

anil1956

Dairy man

Dear friends,

I agree with dairy man posting.

Mr Manas reddy is not having required professional background, once he says partner next he says share holder it is not clear whether he owns a proprietorship/partnership or a company.

please not unless it is a public limited company and has complied with SEBI and RBI guidelines a company can not collect money from public this way. If it is not a company he should satisfy RBI norms I am sure he is not aware about these legal aspects.

He says he will give mortgage of property to all investors does he give 2nd to 100th charge , heis giving post dated cheques if not honoured what is the recourse to poor investor. Under the given circumstances I am 1000% sure that cheques will bounce and payment will not be honoured.

Please also note dairy business is cash business generally, exceptions are very few you can not expect him to route all transaction through banks
Banks have burnt their hands when this logic is accepted.

As suggested by dairy man Mr Manas reddy should first get his consultancy from lawyer and chartered accountant/project consultants then jump into giving consultancy to others..

exercise caution before investing

anil patil

Dear Mr.Reddy.

I think you need to consider a lot of things before posting such messages. I have gone thourgh all your postings..what you are offering ...can be classified as collecting deposits with a promise of higher returns...which needs lot of clearances from RBI. Consult a good CA and tell him what you are offering...he will guide you what you are doing is legally correct or not. I am advising you this as after reading all ur posts I felt your intention may not be to cheat but your enthusiasm can get you into trouble.

As far as 2.5% ROI is concerned... you are right its not impossible, but very difficult. If you are already employed and getting good salary its chances are even remote as the returns you have mentioned are possible only if there are people dedicated to dairy. If you have prior experience in dairying and you have data to back up I wll take your offer for partnership with 4 lakhs. If yes then publish the same..it cannot be too confidential to publish.

All I advise is look before you take a leap. Its a friendly advise.

Regards
Diaryman.

manas reddy

Mr Anil,

If you have doubts why don't you call me my number is 9743786616

i have never said anything about shares.

from the beginning there were 2 options available one was loan and another was partnership, i have got partnership and we have started the dairy.

Finally who are you? what is your qualification? and what is your expertise?
please prove yourself before making any comments on me

the dairy has started more than a year back and nobody who has worked with me has complained have they ???

who are you to complain without knowing me.

Manas Reddy

Dear friends,

I agree with dairy man posting.

Mr Manas reddy is not having required professional background, once he says partner next he says share holder it is not clear whether he owns a proprietorship/partnership or a company.

please not unless it is a public limited company and has complied with SEBI and RBI guidelines a company can not collect money from public this way. If it is not a company he should satisfy RBI norms I am sure he is not aware about these legal aspects.

He says he will give mortgage of property to all investors does he give 2nd to 100th charge , heis giving post dated cheques if not honoured what is the recourse to poor investor. Under the given circumstances I am 1000% sure that cheques will bounce and payment will not be honoured.

Please also note dairy business is cash business generally, exceptions are very few you can not expect him to route all transaction through banks
Banks have burnt their hands when this logic is accepted.

As suggested by dairy man Mr Manas reddy should first get his consultancy from lawyer and chartered accountant/project consultants then jump into giving consultancy to others..

exercise caution before investing

anil patil

nayaksankarsan

Dear Sri Manas,
I am really impressed to read your post on dairy farming. I am very much interested in starting a small dairy farm in Orissa. Would you please let me know the intial investment required for 10 cattles with milking machine excuding the cost of land. kindly let me know the extent of land for fodder and shed separately.
Sankar.

rmathews

Hope now Manas has already a dairy of more than 20 HF + calves, are you able to manage to get returns you have projected last year? am curious to know that??/

billevidyasagar

need guidance

Dear all, I'm thinking to start the cattle farm with 10 HF cows and what will be the capital? Please, let me know and also I would like to visit the farms.

Thanks & Regards,
VidyaSagar B

Hope now Manas has already a dairy of more than 20 HF + calves, are you able to manage to get returns you have projected last year? am curious to know that??/

rmathews

Dear all, I'm thinking to start the cattle farm with 10 HF cows and what will be the capital? Please, let me know and also I would like to visit the farms.

Thanks & Regards,
VidyaSagar B
Dear Vidya,

request pls go through various posts about Diary set up in this forum. also you can goggle diary project reports + vivek patil where you can access good project reports detailing all information. aprx cost other than land is Rs 1 lac per cow. for diary 1st mental investment is important if you go through all the post related to diary industry you may know why i said this. 1st our personal preparation rather than looking for bright numbers like 30-40% return. it is not a machinery run production to put targets and achieve.... best of luck and request pls gain theoretical knowledge and information and attend various farms and trainings to get our self prepared before pumping any money to this project.

billevidyasagar

Hi sir, thanks for your valuable information. Ya sure, before going to start I will research all the things.

Thanks & Regards,
VidyaSagar B

Dear Vidya,

request pls go through various posts about Diary set up in this forum. also you can goggle diary project reports + vivek patil where you can access good project reports detailing all information. aprx cost other than land is Rs 1 lac per cow. for diary 1st mental investment is important if you go through all the post related to diary industry you may know why i said this. 1st our personal preparation rather than looking for bright numbers like 30-40% return. it is not a machinery run production to put targets and achieve.... best of luck and request pls gain theoretical knowledge and information and attend various farms and trainings to get our self prepared before pumping any money to this project.

manish81

dear mr reddy.i m manish currently working in dubai.want to start business through dairy farm with fresion cow.
can u please suggest me from where can i buy a good cows in bulk.

pls reply .i m waiting for your kind suggestion

thanks
manish

Last edited by a moderator:

kadasani

I am interested to invest on your project

Hi,

I am Narendra Reddy, living in Bangalore and originally from Kadapa. I am planning to invest in Diary industry and I like your offer. Can we get in touch and discuss on further steps.

Cheers
Narendra Reddy