Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Melia dubia

Register

Click Here!

nirmal farmer

I'm going for plantation of Melia Dubia.

Anyone who can supply saplings, approx. 100,000 nos please inform with your RATES.

Any other plantation variety is also welcome.

Thank you.

Nirmal

Last edited by a moderator:

damodar_yd

Regards Melia Dubia saplings planting material supply.

Hello,
Mr Nirmal,
We can supply melia dubia saplings as per your quantity, kindly contact my Email ID or contact number at the earliest, with the details.

Thanking you,
P.Damodar.
Email - capvents@gmail.com
Cell : 076760 76800

Anyone who can supply saplings, approx. 100,000 nos please inform with your RATES.

Thank you.

Nirmal

nirmal72@live.in

sudhirpai

Melia saplings

We can supply Melia Dubia saplings:

Please furnish the following information:
  • The specification with regard to the size of the saplings.
  • The tentative delivery schedule.
  • Your location.
Contact via e-mail,

SUDHIR PAI

shanmuga06

Melia (ForestryNeem) Dubia

we are having the melia dubia seedlings in polybags having minimum height will be one feet.Its very opt for plantation.we are able to supply anydestination in india .

For more details plz contact us:

a Sivakumar

Last edited:

sumit747

Dear suppliers,

We are also planning for Melia Dubia.

Please provide information regarding
Plantation requirements,
Necessary inputs for successful growth
&
Costs required.

What would be the current selling price of a grown up tree and how many years will it achieve a reasonable growth.

Please Respond to:

agrotechgreens@hotmail.com

mhk_khan

What is melia dubia?

pls can anyone tell me what melia dubia is what are the benefits of this plant...etc etc ?

Regards

srinath999

Siva,

I am looking for information on high density plantation of Melia Dubia in about 30 acres to start with, is this possible? We have red sandy soil and water is adequate (planning drip irrigation). Please advice.

Thanks
Srinath

sudhirpai

melia

high density planting is possible. Please contact for full details
sudhir pai

siva,

i am looking for information on high density plantation of melia dubia in about 30 acres to start with, is this possible? We have red sandy soil and water is adequate (planning drip irrigation). Please advice.

Thanks
srinath

sudhirpai

MELIA DUBIA cav.

Synonym: Melia composita willd. Family: Miliaceae.

Marathi: Kuriaput Gujarati: kadukajar Oriya: Batra Nepali: Lapsi Khasi: Dieng-Ja-Rasang kannada: Hebbevu Tel: Munnattikaraka Tamil: Maali vembu TRADE: Malbar Nim wood

A large tree, attaining a height of 20 m. with a spreading crown and a cylindrical straight bole of 9 m. length X 1.2-1.5 m. girth found in Sikkim Himalayas, North Bengal. Upper Assam, Khasi Hills, hills of Orissa, N.Circas, Descant and Western Ghats at altitudes of 1500 – 1800 m.
It grows rapidly and is used for reforestation purposes. (Troup, I 186: Burkill, II 1443: Bor, 253) and yields a useful timber.

SITE FACTORS
Any soil is suitable for Melia. In its natural habitat the absolute maximum shade temperature varies from 37.5–47.5 C and the absolute minimum from 0–15 C. It does well in moist regions, with a mean annual rainfall exceeding 1000 mm. The mean relative humidity in July varies from70–90% and in January from 50–80 %.

TOPOGRAPHY
It is commonly found in the hills at elevations ranging from 600 – 1800m.

CULTIVATION
The rooted saplings are planted onset of the monsoon or during the monsoon.
The suggested pit size is 18" x 18"X18" cube
Espacement of 6’x 6’ is recommended. This will give better girth in shorter duration.

GROWTH STATISTICS
The growth is rapid. GAMBLES’s specimens gave 8 – 12 rings/dm of radius (mean annual girth increment 5.3 – 8 cm) for a Tamil Nadu specimen, and 28 rings/dm (mean annual girth increment 2.3 cm) for a specimen from Bengal. North Kanara in Karnataka specimen showed 12-16 rings/dm of radius (TALBOT, 1909) giving a mean annual girth increment of 4 –5.3 cm. Trees grown in the Calcutta Botanical gardens from specimen from Malbar origin are said to have reached in 7 years an average height of 14m and a girth of 112 cm at breast height. This rate of growth is equivalent to 4-rings/ dm of radius. Even in comparatively dry regions with a rainfall of 750 – 1000 mm, a height of 3 – 4.5 m is obtained in plantations, against 6-7.5 m in more favourable locations.

UTILISATION

Physical and Mechanical Properties of the Wood

The sapwood is grayish-white, usually with a yellowish cast; the ‘ heartwood ’ is light pink to light red when first exposed, ageing to pale russet brown, subject to grey stain. It is lustrous and without characteristic odour or taste.
It is very light (sp.gr. approximately 0.34, weight at 12 5 moisture content about 336 kg/m3), straight-grained, coarse and somewhat uneven-textured. Annual growth rings are distinct but not conspicuous and number 12-16 / dm of radius.

Seasoning and Preservation behavior
The timber seasons well if the logs are converted in a green state, though if left long in the log, it is liable to develop end splitting and decoration. Like many other meliaceous timbers, it contracts very considerably across the grain while drying out. The best method of dealing with the timber is to convert the logs as soon after felling as possible and to open stack the sawn material, preferably undercover to avoid grey stain.

Present day uses
The wood is used for packing cases, cigar boxes, ceiling planks, building purposes, agricultural implements, pencils, math boxes, splints and catamarans. In Srilanka, it is employed for outriggers of boats. It is suitable for musical instruments, tea boxes and the most importantly in making plywood, as the wood is anti-termite by itself.

The details of quality & technical specifications are as follows.

1) The logs had very high moisture contents and were green.
2) All logs were round and good for peeling. Roundness seems to be inherent quality of this tree.
3) Logs peel easily.
4) Outturn is excellent – 70% & better in fresh cut logs.
5) Veneer strong and firm.
6) Two small logs were peeled for faces. Quality obtained was acceptable.
7) M.R.Grade Plywood pressed with these veneers and in combination with other veneers gave excellent results.
(Pearson & Brown, I 243; Macmillan, 96, 213; Cameran, 64; Trotter, 1944, 217; Rama Rao, 73; Indian For., 1948, 74, 279)

By 8th year the tree is ready for harvest and can fetch attractive returns.

venkateurs

Sir,
We have Good Quality Seed Germinated Melia Dubia Saplings with us in Mysore-Karnataka.
The saplings which are seed germinated shows good Growth and has better tolerance level to temperature.
We have also planted Melia Dubia in our Farm.

Contact us for need of saplings to 9880589787 or mail to venkateursarun@yahoo.com

regards
venkat

Last edited:

mvrhyd

Melia Dubia Vs Eucalyptus

Hello,

Can any one tell me
1. In Melia Dubia and Eucalyptus, which plantation gives more returns after 10 years and how much?
2. What would be the investment per acre?

Thanks in advance
Venkataramana M

sampadafarms

We can supply melia dubia

We have Melia dubia plants. Nuresey is near Hyderabad. We can supply to anywhere in India. We are supplying all over India.

Regards
Sampada Farms & Consultants
Hyderabad.

040 27721868, 64641344

patelbn

We have Melia dubia plants. Nuresey is near Hyderabad. We can supply to anywhere in India. We are supplying all over India.

Regards
Sampada Farms & Consultants
Hyderabad.

040 27721868, 64641344
Sir, i want to cultivate melia dubia in my gujarat area. please guide me as which plant will be suited that seedlings or clone type?

patelbn

Sudhirji, it is very good details provided by you. Really very good. I also want to planning to cultivate melia dubia in my surat/gujarat. Please advise me for which plants to plant that is seedlings or clone and what is the different between seedlings and clone? Which plant will give good quality of wood?

shanmuga06

The melia Dubia can be planted as high density cultivation.For high density plantation we can plant 2750 seedlings in one acre in the spacing diemension will be 4'x4'.The expected yield will be 50 tons per acre on completion of two years.The high density cultivated melia Dubia logs are to be used for bio-mas ,poles for constructions and firewood (fuel).The melia Dubia timber is high reading calories among all kinds of firewood timbers.We are having the silviculture promoted melia Dubia seedlings are availiable.

For more details plz.contact us:

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

plantman

Thank you.

Nirmal
Please check your private message and contact us. We can supply the seedlings.

plantman

Sir, i want to cultivate melia dubia in my gujarat area. please guide me as which plant will be suited that seedlings or clone type?
We can help you with seedlings and planting technique. Please check your private message and contact us.

shanmuga06

If you want the melia Dubia tree rate by weight or cubic feet measures? Mr Sudhirpai has stated that the elevation will be 600-1000 Meters and rain fall will be required for melia Dubia cultivation is 1000 mm.Karnataka is the best state for cultivating the melia Dubia .

Regards
A Sivakumar,