Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Melia dubia trees

Register

Click Here!

ma_moyeed

Dears,

I have rice cultivation land with plenty of water, i heard about Melia dubia trees, i want to plant Melia dubia tree arround the boundaries of my land.

can someone answer my queries please
1. where can i get gud saplings of Melia dubia arround Nizamabad Dist - Andhra Pradesh, cost per sapling ?
2. daily watering of trees or daily maintenance of trees or special fertilizers to use
3. does planting MeliaDubia trees affect my current crops

Thanks in advance
Regards

Ashwini

Hi

You can cultivate melia dubia, please approach the forestry department for saplings.

Regards
Ashwini

rootsnfroots

Melia Dubia, Sandal saplings for sale

Melia Dubia Tree Plantation

• Melia Dubia is a golden neem plants. There is a huge requirement of quality wood everywhere on the earth. Melia Dubia wood is a great source for construction. This tree will grow very fast. The cutting will be done for every 6 years from the plantation, and it is having more life time

Melia dubia tree holds promise of good returns for farmers.
About Rs.2 lakhs per acre can be expected from sixth year of planting
One of the main problems that farmers face today is decreasing income from an acre per year against sudden increase in the value of agricultural lands due to newly formed rural roads, mushrooming of industries, and concrete dwellings. This forces several small farmers to sell their lands and settle in urban concrete jungles.

Low income: Diminishing income from an acre against increasing land value, forces many farmers to sell their lands. A family of 4 members needs a monthly income of Rs.40, 000 from an acre if they have to survive. But today from an acre one gets anything between Rs.10, 000 to Rs.12, 000.
“How is this enough? Naturally he prefers to sell his lands than continue farming. If we are keen that farming lands should not be sold then we must ensure income generation of at least Rs.20,000 to Rs.30,000 from an acre a year,” explains Dr. G. Kumaravelu, Member, Tamil Nadu Planning Commission and former Chief Conservator of Forests, Tamil Nadu.
Easy method: The easiest way to increase income from an acre is by planting certain tree varieties such Melia dubia (Malai Vembu in Tamil) which fetch a handsome price in the market, assured buyback, and require low maintenance expenditure.

In addition, the trees also aid the planet by preventing temperature rise and checking gas emission into the atmosphere as the trees are naturally endowed to absorb maximum CO{-2}.
Money spinner: Melia is a money spinning tree of short duration. Even if planted as a single row along the field bunds, about 60 trees can be planted per acre, which will fetch an income of about Rs.2 lakhs in the sixth year of planting.

“Since there is a total mismatch between demand and supply for wood and veneer, block planting of 300 to 400 trees per acre can ensure a minimum profit of rupees one lakh per year from an acre.

Under good maintenance and controlled irrigation from sixth year onwards, depending on the soil depth and quality trees of 80 to 100 cm gbh with a clear bole of 5 meters height can fetch Rs.4, 000 at today's price (7 per cent escalation can be added per year for the sale price).

Intercultivation can be done with annual crops in the first three years and then spices such as pepper can be grown.

Single row planting: Even if planted in a single row along the field bunds, about 60 trees can be planted at six feet spacing which will fetch an income of about Rs.2 lakhs in the sixth year. Under high density planting with 1,000 to 1,500 trees in an acre, a yield of 40 to 50 tonnes is possible from the second and third year of planting.

“As the demand for Melia wood is quite high, minimum profit of about Rs.40,000 per year from an acre can be ensured for the farmers today,” says, Dr. Kumaravelu.

Pest infestations: Regarding pest infestations affecting this tree Dr. Kumaravelu says, “The variety is susceptible to root rot. Only optimum irrigation is required.

While planting the seedlings application of 2-3 kgs of vermicompost, 40 gms of Phosphobacteria, Azospirillum and Trichoderma Viride each in addition to 10-20 gms of Pseudomonas and 100 grams of VAM (vesicular arbuscular mycoriza) helps in promoting good growth.

Buy back: “Interested farmers who want to buy the seedlings can contact our office and we are willing to guide them right from purchasing the seedlings to buy back,”

Please contact:

Last edited by a moderator:

ajaybindra

• Melia Dubia is a golden neem plants. There is a huge requirement of quality wood everywhere on the earth. Melia Dubia wood is a great source for construction. This tree will grow very fast. The cutting will be done for every 6 years from the plantation, and it is having more life time

One of the main problems that farmers face today is decreasing income from an acre per year against sudden increase in the value of agricultural lands due to newly formed rural roads, mushrooming of industries, and concrete dwellings. This forces several small farmers to sell their lands and settle in urban concrete jungles.

Low income: Diminishing income from an acre against increasing land value, forces many farmers to sell their lands. A family of 4 members needs a monthly income of Rs.40, 000 from an acre if they have to survive. But today from an acre one gets anything between Rs.10, 000 to Rs.12, 000.
“How is this enough? Naturally he prefers to sell his lands than continue farming. If we are keen that farming lands should not be sold then we must ensure income generation of at least Rs.20,000 to Rs.30,000 from an acre a year,” explains Dr. G. Kumaravelu, Member, Tamil Nadu Planning Commission and former Chief Conservator of Forests, Tamil Nadu.
Easy method: The easiest way to increase income from an acre is by planting certain tree varieties such Melia dubia (Malai Vembu in Tamil) which fetch a handsome price in the market, assured buyback, and require low maintenance expenditure.

In addition, the trees also aid the planet by preventing temperature rise and checking gas emission into the atmosphere as the trees are naturally endowed to absorb maximum CO{-2}.
Money spinner: Melia is a money spinning tree of short duration. Even if planted as a single row along the field bunds, about 60 trees can be planted per acre, which will fetch an income of about Rs.2 lakhs in the sixth year of planting.

“Since there is a total mismatch between demand and supply for wood and veneer, block planting of 300 to 400 trees per acre can ensure a minimum profit of rupees one lakh per year from an acre.

Under good maintenance and controlled irrigation from sixth year onwards, depending on the soil depth and quality trees of 80 to 100 cm gbh with a clear bole of 5 meters height can fetch Rs.4, 000 at today's price (7 per cent escalation can be added per year for the sale price).

Intercultivation can be done with annual crops in the first three years and then spices such as pepper can be grown.

Single row planting: Even if planted in a single row along the field bunds, about 60 trees can be planted at six feet spacing which will fetch an income of about Rs.2 lakhs in the sixth year. Under high density planting with 1,000 to 1,500 trees in an acre, a yield of 40 to 50 tonnes is possible from the second and third year of planting.

“As the demand for Melia wood is quite high, minimum profit of about Rs.40,000 per year from an acre can be ensured for the farmers today,” says, Dr. Kumaravelu.

Pest infestations: Regarding pest infestations affecting this tree Dr. Kumaravelu says, “The variety is susceptible to root rot. Only optimum irrigation is required.

While planting the seedlings application of 2-3 kgs of vermicompost, 40 gms of Phosphobacteria, Azospirillum and Trichoderma Viride each in addition to 10-20 gms of Pseudomonas and 100 grams of VAM (vesicular arbuscular mycoriza) helps in promoting good growth.

Buy back: “Interested farmers who want to buy the seedlings can contact our office and we are willing to guide them right from purchasing the seedlings to buy back,”

Please contact:
hi,
i am having land near anantpur nearly 200 acres pls. let me know if it is possible for malia dubia . pls. give details on

sumad

need melia dubia trees

Please contact:
i have 6 acres of red soil land please give me the contact details i want to plant
melia dubia trees

but i have some doubts regarding this plant

1) how many trees can be planted in one acre
2) what is the investment required
3) what is the returns per acre after 6 years

shanmuga06

Melia dubia seedlings

we are having the good and genuine melia dubia seedlings with us.we have propagated by seed germination.we are able supply any where in india @ reasonable and afforable price.and also we can able supply one lakh seedlings at one strech.

for more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar
priya nursery garden
KARAIKUDI-630001,Tnadu

priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

narender64

I procured some plants from BSReddy kurnool, he advertises in annadata, I enquired with forest dept in hyderabad, they said if qty is big like more than 2..3 thousand they can help procuring plants at below Rs 10 per plant. from BSreddy I got few hundred at Rs 28 per plant. it is one year since I triial planted them. some have grown to 6 feet and some to 3 feet, I think this variation is natural because of the seedlings instead if we want uniform growth we can go for tissue culture plants, there are some posts regarding tissue culture plants from bangalore . all those getting experience in melia dubia cultivation and marketing please also record your observations in google groups . Thank you

narender64

Please also visit the blog site for more info regarding melia dubia. Since we have mutual interest let us share the data , I have book on melia dubia from forest dept, you can copy the same when u visit hyderabad. u can contact me sometimes I will be visiting nizamabad, where r u located in nizamabad ?

narender64

Ashwini ! Please for every body's sake please do not post your replies

Dear Ashwini ,
My kind request ! please do not post your replies to any post.
your reply is always abvious and irksome.
it reduces the quality of the discussion and deters serious readers of the site.
If u are keen on creating posts please do so in silly groups of yahoo etc.

I hope you have the maturity to understand ! if not , any body who can delete the account of ashwini should do so.

Hi

You can cultivate melia dubia, please approach the forestry department for saplings.

Regards
Ashwini

narender64

Please quote the price also , qty wise !

we are having the good and genuine melia dubia seedlings with us.we have propagated by seed germination.we are able supply any where in india @ reasonable and afforable price.and also we can able supply one lakh seedlings at one strech.

for more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar
priya nursery garden
KARAIKUDI-630001,Tnadu

priyagar06@yahoo.co.in
Please give price structure of the plants
what would be the price per 1000 slab
price per 10,000 slab etc

Thank you

shanmuga06

Melia Dubia

we are having the melia dubia seedlings propagagted by silviculture i.e seed germinated method for better yield ,fast growing .In andhra pradesh it will grow well .the climate of AP will not affect the melia dubia.The redsoil and minimum water (10 litres per day).kindly aviod the clay soil,black cotton & paddy fields.Kindly select the seed germinated melia dubia plants for cultivation.Kindly aviod the clonel melia dubia plants.

For more details plz contact us:

a Sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,TNADU
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

kamadenugroup

HI,

Please contact for quality melia dubia saplings

Thanks and regards

kamadenugroup

SORRY!
Please contact for quality melia dubia saplings.

regards

shanmuga06

Melia Dubia

yes allways aswini responding very simple & respondless.because everybody know about all departments.So kindly give correct direction like to whom the farmer will contact for melia dubia seedlings.Because somany sector are availiable in the forest dept like silvculture ,clonel processing centre ,seeds collecting centre ,dpots for timbers &seeds .So i kindly request you please give the name of the forest officer concern with phone Nos.or otherwise keep mum .

a Sivakumar

shanmuga06

Melia dubia

we are having the melia dubia seelings promoted by seedgermination propagation.We collect the seeds from well matured & aged nearly about minimum 20 years in the Cumbum i.e. western ghat area .kindly aviod the clonel propagation melia dubia saplings.

For more details plz.contact us:

a Sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden
KARAIKUDI-630001,TNADU
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

sampadafarms

Melia dubia seedlings

We have Melia dubia plants. Nuresey is near Hyderabad. We can supply to anywhere in India.

Regards
Sampada Farms & Consultants
Hyderabad.

040 27721868, 64641344

shanmuga06

Melia Dubia

Hi Narendra,

I think that you have bitter experience regarding melia Dubia's growth .One thing I want say here that any body wants to do any kind of cultivation whether it's pernial or annuals crop they must very keen and much care in selection of seeds and seedlings.Then only we will reach some edge of the goal.Here I want to give some illustration of melia Dubia which was planted near by Hyderabad jurisdiction.Shri madusudana Rao has planted in twenty cents one year back in malleshwaram.In Malleshwaram the melia Dubia grows in well manner.Those seedlings were not supplied by me.Now five months back I have supplied nearly 12000 seedlings to him to plant in Kaluvakurthy .That also planted and growing well.After that I have supplied nearly 9000 seedlings to Shri Nonbulu Narasaiah,Ex.MLA & Rajakkiya Nayagakudu CP(I)M Party AP.@ Nakrikal,Nalgonda Dist.In Karnataka I have supplied nearly 30000 seedlings to Dr. Shivakumar,MVSc,(Phd),Anathur,Bidar.So every melia Dubia farmers are very happy with our melia Dubia seedlings.Because we are promoting and propagating the melia Dubia seedlings by silviculture method.One acre land requires nearly 500 seedlings minimum and 620 seedlings maximum.The spacing dimension will be 10'x10,9'x9'& 9'x8.The melia Dubia will grows very fast and very straight.The melia Dubia tree will attain minimum 100 centimeters and maximum 150 centimeters on completion of seven years.The yield pattern of the melia Dubia will be minimum 750 kilos and maximum 1000 kilos.If we convert to cbt measures minimum 15 cbt and maximum 20 cbt.

For more details plz.contact us :

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

shanmuga06

Melia Dubia

Hi narendra,

If anybody wants to do any kind of cultivation like long term and short term kindly observe the basics things like soil condition and other allied things.Most of the farmers are failed in the selection of seed and seedlings.Because in agriculture the vital role is selection of the seed & seedlings/saplings.So everything will good like soil, water & climate but seeds/seedlings are not good the entire cultivation will become futile.

For more details plz.contact us

A Sivakumar,
Priya nursery Garden
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

shanmuga06

Melia Dubia

Don't blame anybody for not uniform growing of melia Dubia.Kindly I request you please very keen in selection of seeds and seedlings.Then only we will achieve the goal.But my better observation all the growers of timber plants were failed in selection of seeds and seedlings. And also they will buy the seeds and seedlings very lower rates.

Thank you

A Sivakumar