Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Lemon Plantation

Register

Click Here!

navneetmalwan

Hi All,
I am in Lucknow can any one help me regarding converting my Land appox 48 acres in district fatehpur UP, i need following,

Soil testing lab near By.
Soil enhancing if possible,
commercial viable varieties of Lemon,
Marketing chain,
Sourcing of saplings
well anything and eerything regarding lemon plantation.

sudhirpai

Lemon

Soil testing can be conducted at any office of Asst.director Agriculture in any taluka place near you.
After the test report appropriate measures can be taken to enhance the soil condition if necessary.

Before that Kindly inform,
  • What was the crop being grown all these years?
  • What is the type of soil i.e. red ? black. sandy?
  • Is the land prone to water logging?
we have Italian Erureka variety ( Seedless Lemon) the size of the fruit is bigger than a cricket ball. It yields round the year.
Sudhir Pai

pardesia

I want to plant seedless lemon plant

Dear Sudhir,
I want to plant seedless lemon in my balance one acre land. My land is located at wade, near Chalisgaon in Jalgaon district of Maharashtra state.

We are planting Bananas and Cotton in this land. Soil is blackish brown and very good yields getting for Toor (Adhahar) and Ground Nuts but not good for Cotton though we are taking this crop. This land is dry and water is very low available in summer so we are borrowing waters for these days.

I think this information is sufficient for you. Pls suggest me the best quality plants and system of plantation and cares to be taken annually to protect these plants..

Thanks and regards
Pardesia

pantane

I will need 50 nos of Eureka Italian variety of seedles lemon . Can u supply me the plants at Nagpur. Pls contact me
Vijay Pantane

Last edited by a moderator:

bmrao

Dear Mr Sudhir,

Do you have any other varieties of Lemon which can be grown for the regions of AP.
Give me details in mail to this ID
Thanks

B.M.Rao

shanmuga06

Lemon cultivation

The lemon cultivation will do in the redsoil and also black soil.The citrus variety will requires less water.Nearly 40 000 acres were cultivated in Puliyangudi sourroundings ,tirunelveli Dist ,tamilnadu.Due to water scarcity this was happened in puliyangudi.The farmers of the Puliyangudi are satisfied with the lemon cultivation with availiable water.One thing for your information that the daily market for exclusively lemon trading there as regular..The commision agents & traders in Puliyangudi despatching the lemon fruits nearly 20 to 30 trucks to kerala ,all parts of the tamilnadu daily.The farmers of Puliyangudi opted and planted the local deshi variety not hibreed.Eventhough the fruits are big in size like hibreed variety.Now some of the pioneer farmers have planted hibreed variety like budded ,grafted and airlayers.The most of the lemon cultivated area are redsoil.

In karnataka one lemon belt is availiable .That place place is Bijapur district.Here also wide area has been planted lemon.I think that plantation area will be much more than Puliyan gudi.Here also lemon cultivation is going in full swing.The daily lemon market also big one.The fruits are also very good size,rich in colour and more juicey content.The farmers of the Bijapur area also plant the local deshi variety.I think the Bijapur district very aried area in karnataka with adqute shortage of water.The major portion of the lemon cultivated area were in Bijapur district is black soil.So the lemon will grow in both redsoil & black soil.

Eventhough in olden days the farmers opted the deshi local deshi varieties.Now somany hibreed varieties are availiable in india with somanay salient features like big size in fruit ,rich in colour, very fine aroma,no black dots outside fruits skin,more juicey content & keeping capacity with little care of packing.But we never aviod the deshi variety while planting the hibreed.Nearly we can plant 10% of the deshi /local varieties along with hibreed varieties This will enhance the yield ,strenghing the morpology of the hibreed trees .The cross polination will be there.So yield of the hibreed tree will increase year by year. And also we will save the deshi varieties for fortcoming generations.

The following hibreed avrieties are availiable with us i) PKM -I (TNAU),ii) Tagite (TNAU),iii) Coorg mandarian (Karnataka university),iv) Kazi lemon tissue culture (Gujarat university),v)The latest & recent variety "Balaji" (Andhra university & citrus research institute) vi) Italian Eureka seedless lemon.The identified local & deshi varieties are as follows i) Pu'iyangudi(one of the farmer was president s award winner Mr Antonysamy,tamilnadu),ii) Bijapur Karanataka,iii) Thirupathur (Mr Angamuthu the lemon farmer president award winner for lemon cultivation ,tamilnadu),iv) Arasampatti (tamilnadu) v) kaddappa (andhra )

So we are having all kind of varieties in hibreed and deshi /local varieties with us.

For more details plz contact us:

a Sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

methilrajan

Lemon cultivation

Dear Sir,

I have two acres of land in Anaikatti, Near Coimbatore. I have just planted coconut sapplings in 25' x 25' spacing. I propose to plant some lemon also. I would like to get sapplings and advice from you.

I woule request you to send me details

Vijayaraghavan, Coimbatore

iiht

LEMON SEEDLESS,KAGZI LEMON,LEMON PLANTATION PROJECT REPORT www.nafeesnursery.com

WE ARE ONE LIVE FRUIT PLANT,TIMBER PLANT, MEDICINAL PLANT ,SAPLING & SEEDS EXPORTER FROM NORTH INDIA

www.nafeesnursery.com

Hello all
If any person need all type lemon saplings and lemon plant please contact me or
visit my website:-------
We are one Live plant exporter from north india also fruit plant seed supplier / Exporter & All India fruit ,Timber, Hearbal , plant supplier.

HOME DELIVERY AVAILABLA PLANTS, SEEDS , COMPOST ETC.

1.Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Govt of India.(APEDA)

2.Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.(ASSOCHAM)

www.nafeesnursery.com

LEMON (Nimbu/Citrus/Lime)PLANTS WITH VERITY / SAPLINGS
1.LEMON INDIAN SEEDLASS VERITY PLANT GRAFTED / SAPLINGS

2.LEMON IMPORTED ITALIAN SEEDLASS VERITY PLANT / SAPLINGS

3.LEMON KAGZI VERITY SEEDLING PLANT / SAPLINGS

4.LEMON BALAJI VERITY PLANT / SAPLINGS

ALSO VISIT NEWS PAPER LINK,S ABOUT SUGAR FREE MANGO NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER.

Sugar-free mangoes - The Hindu

Nafees Nursery | Chitralekha

rohtak information desk: Sugar-free mangoes

Sugar-free mangoes

Last edited:

sitaramand

hi Sudhir -

we have about 5 acres of very high yielding large Lemon variety, but are having trouble marketing the fruit...please let me know if you have any ideas around who potential buyers would be for the large variety Lemons. thank you!

Dear Mr. Vijayaraghavan,

I think only Italian Eureka seedless variety will give you more peel i mean skin than compare to any other varieties.
I hope this meet your answer...
All the best.

vkumar

Hello to all

Mr Vijayaraghavan for coimbatore region , there are already few farns are cultivating lemon. My suggestion is to visit these farms and see the growth of the plants and choose the verity.
In my recent visit to AGRITECH 2015 to Isreal , they suggest go far the variety that suits the local condition. In fact I too grow lemon 250 trees and shortly going to plat another 200 in 2 months time. I am choosing the local variety only.
vkumar

Dear Mr. Vijayaraghavan,

I think only Italian Eureka seedless variety will give you more peel i mean skin than compare to any other varieties.
I hope this meet your answer...
All the best.

udeydeep

WE ARE ONE LIVE FRUIT PLANT,TIMBER PLANT, MEDICINAL PLANT ,SAPLING & SEEDS EXPORTER FROM NORTH INDIA

www.nafeesnursery.com

Hello all
If any person need all type lemon saplings and lemon plant please contact me or
visit my website:-------
We are one Live plant exporter from north india also fruit plant seed supplier / Exporter & All India fruit ,Timber, Hearbal , plant supplier.

HOME DELIVERY AVAILABLA PLANTS, SEEDS , COMPOST ETC.

1.Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Govt of India.(APEDA)

2.Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.(ASSOCHAM)

www.nafeesnursery.com

LEMON (Nimbu/Citrus/Lime)PLANTS WITH VERITY / SAPLINGS
1.LEMON INDIAN SEEDLASS VERITY PLANT GRAFTED / SAPLINGS

2.LEMON IMPORTED ITALIAN SEEDLASS VERITY PLANT / SAPLINGS

3.LEMON KAGZI VERITY SEEDLING PLANT / SAPLINGS

4.LEMON BALAJI VERITY PLANT / SAPLINGS

ALSO VISIT NEWS PAPER LINK,S ABOUT SUGAR FREE MANGO NAFEES NURSERY & EXPORTER.

Sugar-free mangoes - The Hindu

Nafees Nursery | Chitralekha

rohtak information desk: Sugar-free mangoes

Sugar-free mangoes
hello brother , i want to know do only canal water is used for irrigation in citrus plants ? can we grow lemons or lime with ground water irrigation ? thanks in advance.