Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Income from dairy farm is taxable?

Register

Click Here!

rgfarm

We are in the process of setting up dairy farm in karnataka with min 20 cows. Our initial plan is to sell the milk directly to KMF.

1. Do we need to register a pvt ltd company to start dairy farm?
2. Income from dairy farm is taxable?
3. Do we need to take any permission from state or local authority to start the business.

anil1956

1. A pvt ltd company has to be registered with ROC, it is compulsory and all formalities have to be observed.
2. companies can not own agri land( in karnataka ) ie can not purchase agri land, leasing agri land is also not permitted,you have to look at other options to satisfy the law.
3.As a company you are doing dairy business so mostly it is taxable. However,if any CA is able place his arguement with IT officials that it is agriculture and not business, income tax will be waived, rare thing. I think you should not look at tax angle while doing business at this stage.As you progress one can plan for IT management.
4. As a comapny you can not think of 20 cows farm it has to be atleast 200 to 250 cows then all equations change.You must sit with a good project consultant to fix the size and other aspects of the projects.

We can help you from company formation to full set up and run stage, and provide land for big project at reasonably low cost.

anil patil
visit us at
http://agriprojectsconsultants.com

anil1956@hotmail.com
Bangalore

We are in the process of setting up dairy farm in karnataka with min 20 cows. Our initial plan is to sell the milk directly to KMF.

1. Do we need to register a pvt ltd company to start dairy farm?
2. Income from dairy farm is taxable?
3. Do we need to take any permission from state or local authority to start the business.

rgfarm

Thanks anil, right now we are in the process of constructing Barn with 200 capacity and automated milking parlor. construction for the same is already started. As you said if pvt ltd company cannot lease, what are the other option to lease the agriculture land? We want to use lease land for green fodder.

1. A pvt ltd company has to be registered with ROC, it is compulsory and all formalities have to be observed.
2. companies can not own agri land( in karnataka ) ie can not purchase agri land, leasing agri land is also not permitted,you have to look at other options to satisfy the law.
3.As a company you are doing dairy business so mostly it is taxable. However,if any CA is able place his arguement with IT officials that it is agriculture and not business, income tax will be waived, rare thing. I think you should not look at tax angle while doing business at this stage.As you progress one can plan for IT management.
4. As a comapny you can not think of 20 cows farm it has to be atleast 200 to 250 cows then all equations change.You must sit with a good project consultant to fix the size and other aspects of the projects.

We can help you from company formation to full set up and run stage, and provide land for big project at reasonably low cost.

anil patil
visit us at
Agro Consultants | Commercial Vegetable Farming | Horticulture Projects India

anil1956@hotmail.com
Bangalore

mrugeshraval

anil patil
visit us at
Agro Consultants | Commercial Vegetable Farming | Horticulture Projects India

anil1956@hotmail.com
Bangalore
Dear Anil sir,

Can you suggest me from some web links from where i can get regular updates about Dairy Farming?

Thank you.

Mrugesh Raval
Ahmedabad

Last edited by a moderator:

vasanth377

Re: dairy farm training

Dear Friend

we provide modernised equipments for dairy farming with proper design of sheds for animals so if you need any please do contact me

Regards

Vasanth

herbinder

you must visit some good running dairy farms.In panjab i can help you visit such farmers/farms.

gkbamania

design for shed

Dear SIr,
Greetings

I want design for 50 dairy cattle.

Regards
Dr Gajendra Bamania

Thanks anil, right now we are in the process of constructing Barn with 200 capacity and automated milking parlor. construction for the same is already started. As you said if pvt ltd company cannot lease, what are the other option to lease the agriculture land? We want to use lease land for green fodder.

nandana

Dear Friend

we provide modernised equipments for dairy farming with proper design of sheds for animals so if you need any please do contact me

Regards

Vasanth
Hai, I am setting up mega dairy farm at Karnataka. I want milching machine and chauff cutter. Kindly elt me know the details of u r products.