Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farm Solutions

Register

Click Here!

smy82482

Tellicherry (Malabri) goat breed is widely breed in Tamilnadu,so you can buy from any goat farmer who breeds pureline tellicherry goat breeds.To know about such goat farms,visit you nearest KVK or call kissan helpline number of your state.They will provide you the details.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
.i like to buy talalicherry 100 goats..wer to buy this goats? guide me

Last edited:

care4autism

Hello Dr shaikh.

Can you please explain in detail about:

*Government schemes for goat farms
*Government subsidy

I am a new farmer setting up a goat farm for meat in Hyderabad and your guidance will be useful to many like me.

Anil Kundra

hello sir .
i am from kodagu district in karnataka . it rains for about 80 inches annually and during winter temp can go down to 5c . which breed of goat is suitable here . can bannur sheeps adapt to this weather ? i am palnning to have atleast 200 goats . what is the best design for a goat shed . thank you for your service sir .

hello sir .
i am from kodagu district in karnataka . it rains for about 80 inches annually and during winter temp can go down to 5c . which breed of goat is suitable here . can bannur sheeps adapt to this weather ? i am palnning to have atleast 200 goats . what is the best design for a goat shed . thank you for your service sir .

smy82482

Dear Anil Kundra,
For government schemes and subsidy,visit my previous posts.It is already explained in detail.
Regards,
DR.Shaikh
Hello Dr shaikh.

Can you please explain in detail about:

*Government subsidy

I am a new farmer setting up a goat farm for meat in Hyderabad and your guidance will be useful to many like me.

Anil Kundra

smy82482

Dear muddappakadyamada,
Osmanabadi goat breed is best in this type of climatic condition as it easily adapts any change in any climatic conditions.
Yes bannur sheeps can adapt this conditons.
The best design for goat shed is in elevated form,with wooden or thick punching chain floor and a lots of open space surrounding the shed for movement of goats in day time.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
hello sir .

sir, thank for your reply . i have a last question . will kvk guide us in construction of goat shed . helps means not financial but as to how a shed must be constructed . which goat meat is prefered by customers . is Osmanabadi prefered by consumers .

palani071977

need details

sir
pls reply the following for me as i am fresh to this reply to palani071977@yahoo.co.in

*Government subsidy
*Loan obtained for goat farm,required documents.
*which bank provides you the loan
*Fodder
*Best variety of goats

smy82482

yes KVK will guide you in construction of shed or atleast will provide the details who can guide you in your nearby areas.
Yes osmnabadi is widely consumed by people as it has high quality of taste as compare to any other goats meat.It has lean meat,with less cholesterol content and high protein content which are easily digested.Among the total exported meat from India,50% is of osmanabadi only.among 23 registered breeds of India ,osmanabadi is best as it has highest palatability of meat,high resistant power against diseases,high reproductive capacity and many more.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
sir, thank for your reply . i have a last question . will kvk guide us in construction of goat shed . helps means not financial but as to how a shed must be constructed . which goat meat is prefered by customers . is Osmanabadi prefered by consumers .

iqbalkhan

hi i am iqbal , live in distt. bulandshahr ,utter presesh, mail add. dr.iqbalkhanfbd@gmail.com , p. no. 91- 8171718606 i want start a goat farm please help me ,
*Government subsidy
*loan obtained for goat farm,required documents.
*which bank provides the loan and how much
*Best variety of goats
traninig place(institute) in utter pardesh

smy82482

All the points have been already discussed,please read my previous posts to know solutions for these points.
goat Fram trainng is available at any krishi Vigyan Kendra of U.P.there are presently 68 such centres in U.P.Visit this link-http://www.icar.org.in/node/205
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
hi i am iqbal , live in distt. bulandshahr ,utter presesh, mail add. dr.iqbalkhanfbd@gmail.com , p. no. 91- 8171718606 i want start a goat farm please help me ,
*Government subsidy
*loan obtained for goat farm,required documents.
*which bank provides the loan and how much
*Best variety of goats
traninig place(institute) in utter pardesh

sir as per your advice i enquired about Osmanabadi for my goat farm ,is it true that they weigh only 30 kg . will Tellicherry variety adapt to the given weather condition . how much meat will they give me . among the two which meat is well prefered ?

smy82482

The best slaughtering weight of a goat for meat purpose is around 20kg-25kg live weight.Goats of this weight gets rapidly sold as compare to other goats in local market,as these goats have huge demand in any part of country.Most of the butchers prefers such type of goats.
A pureline osmanaabdi goat attains slaughtering age in 6-7 months,if they are feeded properly coz,weight gain can only be achieved if they have feeded properly,have supplied all the nutrients to goats.
So the aim aim of any goat farm is to achieve the slaughtering age of a goat as soon as possible,so that they can sale it quickly to gain some income from them.Some goat farms depends on 1 year male goats which can be sold for Eid purpose.
Dear muddappakadyamada,I dont know where you have inquire about pureline osmanabadi goats,coz presently there are lots of mixed and impure varieteis in market which are being sold in the name of osmanbadi goat breed.Pureline osmanabi goat breeds are available only in Maharashtra that too in Latur and Osmanabad districts only,and we are the largest sellers of pureline osmanbadi goats in India.We have female pregnant goats weighting 65 kg and male goats weighting 60kg.A male goat weighting 60 kg can only be sold to Eid and not for meat purpose in your local market.
As per meat concern pureline osmanabadi goat has higher taste(palatability) as compare to tellicherry goat.
So don't spread rumors unless you know the true fact,or have inquire from any genuine registered goat farm expert.
Regards,
DR.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert.

zeeshan9

Hello sir. Can u please tell me how much fodder is required to feed a 3 month old goat per day to make it healthy and gain weight faster?

smy82482

The amount of fodder requirement depends on its live body weight,generally goat eats 6%-10% of its body weight in a day.If your 3 months old goat weights 10 kg.Then baby goat can eat 600gm-1kg of fodder per day.
To gain more weight you can feed following fodder to baby goats-
500gm of green fodder,250gm of dry fodder and 250gm of concentrated fodder.
Green fodder includes -CO4,elephant grass,punjab grass,barseem,green maize,alfa alfa(hedge lucern),DHN-6,green leafy vegetables etc You can use three crops among these.
Dry fodder includes-Plant cuttings of jowar,wheat,rice,barley,tur dal husk,soyabean husk,husk of any lentils.
Concentrated fodder includes-maize,pulp of gram,groundnut D.O.C,cotton seed cake.Can use any two of these.Groundnut cake and maize combination has faster results,to gain more weigh in shorter duration.
Have to add traces of mineral mixture along with these three types of fodder.mineral mixture powders are easily available in any veterinary shops.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh