Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farm Solutions

Register

Click Here!

smy82482

If you want to start a goat farm on lease land,you must have to select highly fertile land to cultivate fodder throughout the year.
Investment depend on number of goat breed.A goat farm with minimum of 50 goats is viable if you are starting with lease land.Initial Investment is around 6-10lakhs for 50 goats.More details are discussed in our project report.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert
hello sir i am from bangalore i dont have own land but i search for rented r lease land for goat farming plz tell me how much investment required plz tell me sir bcas i am unemployee but i have 3 lac rupee cash in hand plz guide me

gaikwad62

i wish to start goat farm at aurangabad.almost construction is complete.shed is remaining.can u provide me goats of 1yr at aurangabad. whether travelling will cause mortality.

smy82482

You cam get the subsidy for goat farming,only if you have avail loan for goat farming from any nationalized or corporate bank.You will get 25% of subsidy under NABARD.After getting the loan,you have to fill up the subsidy form,available at NABARD's office of your district.After that they will survey your running project,will check the number of goats as per your project report,and its feasibility,then only they will sanction the subsidy.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
hello, iam planing to start goat farm so can you guide me on subsidy from government i can avail ,

Good evening Sir,
Sir i am planing to start goat farming at miraj 416410 having a plot of 1000 sq mts presently it is a open plot, Sir can you help me in this regard, as i am a totally new for this goat farming.
Sir as i have read on internet that it is possible to feed goats only on hydrophonic fodder, Sir please let me know that it is true.
Sir waiting for your reply.
thanking you
mahesh kakde
miraj 416410

ss16534

the hydrophonic fodder system will cost 8 to 9 lacks for 250 kg per day its better if you buy land from that money u can get returns from land too

smy82482

Dear mahesh kakade,
Its totally wrong that goats are feeded only on hydroponics fodder system.Goats are feeded on any type on green grass,which may be cultivated on land or grown by hydroponics system.The cost of hydroponics fodder machine is too high and it requires 24hrs of electricity to grow the fodder per day.India has lots of fertile land,which can be taken on lease for growing fodder to feed goats.
In your plot you can make the shed and for growing fodder take nearby areas fetile land on lease basis.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert.
Good evening Sir,
Sir i am planing to start goat farming at miraj 416410 having a plot of 1000 sq mts presently it is a open plot, Sir can you help me in this regard, as i am a totally new for this goat farming.
Sir as i have read on internet that it is possible to feed goats only on hydrophonic fodder, Sir please let me know that it is true.
Sir waiting for your reply.
thanking you
mahesh kakde
miraj 416410

parvez0909

Sir,
i want to start a goat farm in Tamil Nadu, let me know how to get loan from NABARD BANK, what are the particulars they needed for loan, how much maximum amount I can get a loan.I heard NABARD BANK is not easily providing loan to farmers. is it true.

my mail id : bluesky.1967@yahoo.co.in or you can post in agriculture information.com
thanks.

smy82482

Dear parvez0909,
NABARD never provides loan for goat farming,NABARD provides only subsidy for goat farming only when you have got loan from any nationalized or corporate bank,that too in selected states.
After taking loan from any bank,you have to approach the NABARDS office to avil the subsidy.You have to fill up the form of NABARD,in that have to mention the name of bank from where you have taken the loan,bank account no etc.After that they will check the details with bank and will inspect your project whether it is feasible or not,depending on your project report.If they likes your project they will sanction you subsidy,otherwise not.
You can contact NABARDS Chief General Manager of tamilnadu-
Smt. Lalitha Venkatesan
48, Mahatma Gandhi Road Post Box No. 6074 Nungambakkam Chennai – 600 034
Tamil Nadu
Phone No. : 04428276088
Email : chennai@nabard.org

Yes NABARD is not easily providing subsidy to farmers,as earlier lots of people have taken the subsidy for goat farming and have closed their project as soon as subsidy is availed.These farms starts goat farm only to get subsidy,they are not interested in goat farming at all.

To avail the loan from bank,you must have to submit a well prepared project report on Goat Farming.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh

rawatanil_78

Hello,

I am Anil Rawat from Uttrakhand, hill region. I am planning goat farm. I am targeting Boar breed as it grow quickly. Could you please let me know these detail.

(1). The climate is my place is not very hot and not very cool except (2-3 Month in winter).
(2). Is Boar Breed fine, on such climate.
(3). Could I have a detail information about Boar breed.

Thanks.
Anil Rawat.

smy82482

Yes boer goats gets easily accommodated in hilly areas of uttarakhand.
The Boer goat is a breed of goat that was developed in South Africa in the early 1900s for meat production. Their name is derived from the Dutch word "boer", meaning farmer.
Boer goats commonly have white bodies and distinctive brown heads. Some Boer goats can be completely brown or white. Like the Nubian goat, they possess long, pendulous ears. They are noted for being docile, fast-growing, and having high fertility rates. Does are reported to have superior mothering skills as compared to other goats. Mature Boer bucks weigh 110–135 kg , and mature does weigh 90–100 kg .
To know more about set up of a goat farm,visit our websites link-http://goatfarm.co.in/goat-farm-project-report/

rawatanil_78

Yes boer goats gets easily accommodated in hilly areas of uttarakhand.
The Boer goat is a breed of goat that was developed in South Africa in the early 1900s for meat production. Their name is derived from the Dutch word "boer", meaning farmer.
Boer goats commonly have white bodies and distinctive brown heads. Some Boer goats can be completely brown or white. Like the Nubian goat, they possess long, pendulous ears. They are noted for being docile, fast-growing, and having high fertility rates. Does are reported to have superior mothering skills as compared to other goats. Mature Boer bucks weigh 110–135 kg , and mature does weigh 90–100 kg .
To know more about set up of a goat farm,visit our websites link-http://goatfarm.co.in/goat-farm-project-report/
Thanks for the reply.

I have some doubts, if Boar breed is beneficial then why other farmer not go for this breed?

jp13

Dr.Shaikh,
Is artificial insemination for goat breeding recommended ?
Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Joseph

smy82482

The other farmers wont go for this,as its being the costly breed,and presently not affordable for poor farmers.So it takes again 10 years to become this breed common,so that the prices will decline and will be affordable for poor farmers to rear it.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
Thanks for the reply.

I have some doubts, if Boar breed is beneficial then why other farmer not go for this breed?