Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farm Solutions

Register

Click Here!

gskblr

Dear Sir
Thanks to you for useful information and service you provide for young entrepreneurs.
I am from erode district we do not have acre of land but we have around 4000sq ft land.
will it be possible to start farming.Is we need more land so that we have to take goats for moving around to eat grass.
How economical to start in a minimum budget and practical difficulties.
My brother done mba from chennai iit he wants to leave job and do organic farming we are looking land for lease may be with goat farming if we can start making initial earning will be great option for him to launch into his organic projects.do look for your view

smy82482

yes,artificial insemination is advisable in goats,but the stock(semen) preserved should satisfied all standards.
Dr.Shaikh,
Is artificial insemination for goat breeding recommended ?
Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Joseph

smy82482

With 4000 sq ft of land you can start goat farming,if you are taking goats outside for grazing purpose.
With 4000sq ft of land you can accommodate 200 goats under grazing system.
For stall feed system you can accommodate 50 goats,as half of the land is required for the movement of goats and their kids.under stall feed system,For fodder 2.5 acres of land is required for 50 goats and their kids.
Goat farming will be profitable if it has been done with proper goat farming knowledge and practices.Your brother have to earn lots of knowledge regarding goat farming,have to go for any practical goat farm training,visit nearby goat farms,take goat farm experts advice and many more.Goat farming is not as easy as some one is thinking by doing calculation on paper work(one goat will give birth to two kids,two kids will give four,four will do eight and so on),its totally different from these calculations.More details are given in our Goat Farm Project Report,visit our website Osmanabadi Goat or www.goatfarm.co.in.
Regrads,
Dr.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert.
Dear Sir
Thanks to you for useful information and service you provide for young entrepreneurs.
I am from erode district we do not have acre of land but we have around 4000sq ft land.
will it be possible to start farming.Is we need more land so that we have to take goats for moving around to eat grass.
How economical to start in a minimum budget and practical difficulties.
My brother done mba from chennai iit he wants to leave job and do organic farming we are looking land for lease may be with goat farming if we can start making initial earning will be great option for him to launch into his organic projects.do look for your view

smy82482

Presently there are 23 registered goat breeds in India.
1.Berari
2.Kokan Kanyal
3.Zalwadi
4.Surti
5.Sirohi
6.Sangamneri
7.osmanabadi
8.Mahsana
9.Marwari
10.malbari
11.Kutchi or kathiawari
12.Kanni
13.Jamunapari
14.Jakharana
15.Gohilwadi
16.Ganjam
17.Gaddi
18.Chegu
19.Black bengal
20.Beetel
21.Attapady black
22.Barbari
23.Changra
Berari being registered recently in june by ICAR.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
How many registered goat breeds are there in India?

Presently there are 23 registered goat breeds in India.
1.Berari
2.Kokan Kanyal
3.Zalwadi
4.Surti
5.Sirohi
6.Sangamneri
7.osmanabadi
8.Mahsana
9.Marwari
10.malbari
11.Kutchi or kathiawari
12.Kanni
13.Jamunapari
14.Jakharana
15.Gohilwadi
16.Ganjam
17.Gaddi
18.Chegu
19.Black bengal
20.Beetel
21.Attapady black
22.Barbari
23.Changra
Berari being registered recently in june by ICAR.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
Dear Sir,
Can you update us on the type of breeds suitable for tamilnadu
Reg

anaved

Dear novsheer,
Thank you for appreciating my work.
1.Yes u can use poultry farms shed for goat farm.Make it little modified allow proper ventilation,replace husk every 15days.
2.This is the main question that all goat farmers wanted to know.Cement concerete or rough tiles floor with drainage facility of urine is always best,but u have to wash and then dry the floor every second day with clean water.And the drain urine is then used in fields for growing fodder.So your manure is saved which by selling them u can earn maximum profit. All high tech goat farms and dairy farms has this technique.
3.For meat purpose boer and osmanabadi goats are best.But boer is too costly.
4.Shed space requirement is 4000sqft for stall feed.100 female goats,5 male and their kids.
Dear Mr. Sheikh,

This is an amazing thread for anyone wanting to know more about goat farming.

In your response above, you say that "...Cement concerete or rough tiles floor with drainage facility of urine is always best...". However, most experts recommend wooden slat floors, so both dung and urine can fall through.

Pls clarify which in your opinion is best, and why do you think so.

Many thanks,

Naved

smy82482

The goat breeds which ar e suitable for Tamilnadu are Osmanabadi , Malbari(Tellicherry) and The Kanni-Adu(Pullaiadu or Karapuadu).These goat breeds easily adapts the climatic conditions of Tamilnadu.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
Dear Sir,
Can you update us on the type of breeds suitable for tamilnadu
Reg

smy82482

Firstly,the type of shed depends on the climatic conditions that you have in your region and your expenditure.In hot desert climatic conditions there is no need to go for elevated type of floor,as the urine will be soaked quickly at ground level.In conditions like heavy rainfall,you must have to construct concrete type or elevated type of shed.In concrete or rough tiles floor has shifting compartments,goats are temporarily shifted to other compartment till the floor gets completely soaked or goats are leaved in open space for their movement till the floor gets soaked.
Wooden slated floors gets corrupted as goats urine has ph 8 and contains p-Ethylphenylsulphuric acid,so you have to replace the wooden slats from time to time as their will be a crack in them.Beside wooden slats,you can use metal sheets,its modern technique and urine will not harm the metal once it has been painted with corrosion resistant paint.You can see one of my farms floor at my website www.goatfarm.co.in
Note,the elevated type of shed has high expenditure as compare to that at ground levels,so it will not be affordable for poor farmers or small scale farmers to construct elevated sheds.
Regards,
Dr.shaikh
Dear Mr. Sheikh,

This is an amazing thread for anyone wanting to know more about goat farming.

In your response above, you say that "...Cement concerete or rough tiles floor with drainage facility of urine is always best...". However, most experts recommend wooden slat floors, so both dung and urine can fall through.

Pls clarify which in your opinion is best, and why do you think so.

Many thanks,

Naved

smy82482

Firstly the goat breed which you have choosen was wrong. Abortion in goats occurs due to-change in fodder,change in water,goat fails to adapt change in climatic conditions.This leads to hormonal imbalance,which further leads to abortion in goats.Also improper transportation of goats,from sellers farm to your farm too leads to abortion.If goats have been dewormed recently(when they are pregnant) that too leads to abortion.
You have to conduct the postmortem in kids,and have to check whether they have any infection in lungs or have clotted blood in lungs.I think the kids have been died due to pneumonia.In pneumonia kids wont drinks milk at all and mortality occurs within 12 hrs.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
I have my goat farm in Bangalore which i started 4 months back, i have all talacherry breed, since 1 month at least 10 goats had abortion (nearly 20 kids died), i took blood test of all goats in Hebbal Veterinary hospital Bangalore suspecting brucellosis but the test was negative none of the goats have any disease, now i am really confused i dont know what should i do, sir please help me out,i have lost confidence in goat farming.

pig farm

Goat farm

Dear sir,

First of all I thank u for providing good help to our country to grow providing free information on Goat farm.

Is any goat farm training at tamilnadu near Vellore ?
How to prepare project report for goat farm to get subsidy from NABARD and probably how many months processing time to get subsidy from NABARD ?
which age is suitable to buy osmanabadi goats to start a goat farm (Kids or mature goats or pregnant goats), kindly provide info how many months to grow from kid to mature, mature to pregnant and pregnant to birth ?
Are u providing pure osmanabadi goats to tamilnadu near Vellore. If so kindly provide me info about price, mode of transportation, any guarantee and other details to srijay8@yahoo.com
which insurance is best and Is there any subsidy for insurance ?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Thank you,
Regards,
Raj

smy82482

Yes goat farm trainings are available at all places in India nowadays.Just visit your nearest KVK,they will surely provide you contact details of training at your places.
For preparing project report under NABARDS subsidy you have to follow the guidelines given by NABARD.NABARD will provide you subsidy only when you have taken loan from any bank,to avail subsidy you must have to take loan for goat farming from any bank.Without loan you will not get any subsidy.Subsidy will be credited to your bank account only when you successfully repay the loan of bank,after 3 or 5 years.You will not get subsidy initially at any cost.To avail subsidy you have to pay all EMI's at their given time intervals.
Buying pregnant goats is always better,as they will deliver the kids quickly and you wont have to wait any more for their mating and then becoming pregnant.
The time period from kid to mature is different in different goat breeds.In osmanabdi it is six months to mature,5 months of gestation period that is pregnant to birth.
For price quotes email us at smymbbs5372@rediffmail.com
United India,or any other insurance you can make as all have nearly same terms and conditions and services regarding goat insurance.Subsidy on insurance depends on state to state,here in Maharashtra, people below poverty line has 50% subsidy on insurance price of their goat.Visit your Livestock development office,they will provide you the details.
Its my pleasure to answers the questions related to goat farming.
Thank you.
Regards,
Dr.shaikh.
Dear sir,

First of all I thank u for providing good help to our country to grow providing free information on Goat farm.

Is any goat farm training at tamilnadu near Vellore ?
How to prepare project report for goat farm to get subsidy from NABARD and probably how many months processing time to get subsidy from NABARD ?
which age is suitable to buy osmanabadi goats to start a goat farm (Kids or mature goats or pregnant goats), kindly provide info how many months to grow from kid to mature, mature to pregnant and pregnant to birth ?
Are u providing pure osmanabadi goats to tamilnadu near Vellore. If so kindly provide me info about price, mode of transportation, any guarantee and other details to srijay8@yahoo.com
which insurance is best and Is there any subsidy for insurance ?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Thank you,
Regards,
Raj