Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Register

Click Here!

drsarkar

sir I want to start dairyfarm I have my ownland in chevalla near hyd A.P which buffalo should I buy and from where please give me advice
GGDFCS India – Consultancy Summary

We can establish your Dream Dairy Project at your own Agro – Commercial land area and with Complete infrastructure for Farm sector based on Productive herd , shed design and construction , bio gas and waste recycling management , milking parlor , Milking machines , vaccines , dairy lab equipments , medicines , productive and reproductive technologies , Vety. Clinic set up , cooling equipments , dairy farm sanitizers , nutrition productive , routine shed + milking + feeding + breeding + milk process section management , Cattle Feed Unit , Manpower management etc…

As for us as GGDFCS – Dr. Sarkar and Team

We are the Team of Dairy Project Consultancy Services from Rajasthan & M.P. Plz contact us for any complete Dairy Project from 100 to 5000 animals farm with farm-linked milk processing units , loose + semi loose + tethering system of housing , shed hygiene and sanitation , farm feed unit , fodder preservation systems , animals health and treatment systems , breeding and A.I. systems , routine farm mgmt. and work analysis , machine milking with milking management , calving & labour management , basic trainings to dairy staff , biogas unit , herd selection and control etc.. For 220 animals - you have to construct 4 nos. of T-T shed with each capacity of 60 cow/buffaloes with one shed for calves and heifers.. the actual design and estimates will finalize after land survey of project area for accuracy of measurements ..We have basket of choice for your project from 100 animals to 5000 herd strength within 24 months as per our consultancy norms ..for design of comfort sheds , it is essential to floor types , slopes , animal to animal distance , manger height , tethering hooks , shallow channel , sunrise / sunset directions , water trough , open area facilities with basic structures etc.. Any way , if you want to contact with us ,plz mail us :: ..
With all best wishes ,

Last edited by a moderator:

nandisri

How to

Dear Nandisri,
you have to mix LITTLE urea with dry grass and let it ferment before feeding the cows.
excess ureas WILL KILL THE COWS.

please contact the govt animal husbandary / veternary doctor and take advice how to prepare the concentrate food for cows. if you are beginer, buy cow feed and later you can preapare after getting all the information.

regards

serving cows in hare

Thank you for your advise

ash_sarkar

Help on Dairy Farm

Friends,
Need guidance on best breeds of buffalo's available in India and abroad.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish

rajani21

I'am exploring the feasibility of a dairy farm purely based on the Desi breeds in Dharmapuri, T.N. Assuming the breeds like Kangayam and other non-descript breeds

Pros
1. Cost & Logistics of food & medicines
2. 100% organic milk, rich in probiotic bacteria/enzymes etc

Cons
1. Due to low yield (3 liters/day) the herd size has to be considerably large to make money.

Questions
1. Can we use milking machine for desi cows from a sensitivity perspective and also due to their teat sizes being smaller?

2. Where can one procure desi cows in the said area and what would be the approximate cost?

Please share your thoughts on these questions
Dear Sajitgoplan,

Please find the answers to your questions as below.

Questions
1. Can we use milking machine for desi cows from a sensitivity perspective and also due to their teat sizes being smaller? It is possible, different cluster sizes are available. But the fact is for such small production it may not be the ideal option.

2. Where can one procure desi cows in the said area and what would be the approximate cost? No idea

---------------------
As told by Mr.Hegde -Dairy Consultant

===================================
Rajani

Last edited:

lpmndri123

I'am exploring the feasibility of a dairy farm purely based on the Desi breeds in Dharmapuri, T.N. Assuming the breeds like Kangayam and other non-descript breeds

Pros
1. Cost & Logistics of food & medicines
2. 100% organic milk, rich in probiotic bacteria/enzymes etc

Cons
1. Due to low yield (3 liters/day) the herd size has to be considerably large to make money.

Questions
1. Can we use milking machine for desi cows from a sensitivity perspective and also due to their teat sizes being smaller?

2. Where can one procure desi cows in the said area and what would be the approximate cost?

Please share your thoughts on these questions
Pl. contact me for complete details

rajani21

Dear Sir,

I am resident of Karwar, (NRI staying at Dubai, UAE)

I am planning for 10 - 20 cows, dairy farm, in the 1st phase, please give me details regarding dairy farm for a flull fledge project, which will include the Gas plant & the organic waste etc. I intend to start this unit by 2013, 6 acres of agricultural land is availabe with full water for 12 months,.
I would like to know the full details for this project (each & every small details) as i want to have a big unit in the later stage.
Kindly post me with your valuabe details where in i can use your support for this project.

Regards,
Dear aryan56,

Below are the areas where Mr.Hegde(Dairy consultant) can help you.

1. Detailed project report preparation

2. Fodder production planning

3. Farm layout and shed design preparation

4. Initial support during farm set up

5. Farm machinery specifications and vendor selection

You can meet me personally for more information.

----------------------------

Rajani

rajani21

Hello sir Thanks for your reply

sir I have few more Question ?

1. what is the coast of murrah buffallo.
2.I want to know about murrah buffallo
3.In A.P Chevalla does murrah buffallo suits the weather here.
4.In Haryana with whom should I buy if you know anyone please give me the details.
5.I have land about 1.5acr in this land with how many buffalloes I can start the dairy and I want to grow the fodder also in my land only.

sorry for troubleing you with so many questions please reply me soon.
Dear afrozali,

Please check the answers to your questions.

Sir, I want to start dairyfarm I have my ownland in chevalla near hyd A.P which buffalo should I buy and from where please give me advice-- Murrah breed from Haryana (Jind, Rohtak…..)

1. what is the coast of murrah buffallo------ It is approx. Rs.60000
2.I want to know about murrah buffallo
3.In A.P Chevalla does murrah buffallo suits the weather here-- Yes it will suit.
4.In Haryana with whom should I buy if you know anyone please give me the details.
5.I have land about 1.5acr in this land with how many buffalloes I can start the dairy and I want to grow the fodder also in my land only--- If land is irrigated throughout the year, then 8 buffaloes

As told by Mr.Hegde--

---------------------------------------
Rajani

rajani21

hi,

I am based in Indore,MP. I own a land around 3.5 acres close to the city on highway. I am interested in establishing a dairy farm here. I need the perfect guy who can help and guide me in setting up a profitable dairy farm.
Also, I want to know whether this much area is sufficient or not.

Amit Dave

Dear amitdave,

Here is answer to your question- If you want to produce fodder in your area, then you can have 20 animals.

As told by Mr.Hegde
------------------------------

Rajani

rajani21

Good Afternoon every body

Mixing uria with dry grass is concentrate feed or not if it is not correct

Can any one help me by saying how to prepare Concentrate Feed
Dear nandisri,

There are different raw materials to be mixed with different ratio depending on the stage of the cow, calf.

As answered by Mr.Hegde-Dairy consultant.

------------------------

rajani21

Hello,
I am looking for buffalos which produce approx 15L of milk a day, I am planning to setup a dairy and open to taking suggestion. Can any one suggest the best breed to go with and if you can give a rough price estimate on a buffalo that would really help. Thanks in advance for the reply.

Arun
Dear showry (Arun)

Please check the answer to your question as below.

Murrah breed from Haryana is the suitable buffalo. Approx. cost Rs.60,000.

As answered by Mr.Hegde
Dairy consultant
Email: h.parameshwar@gmail.com

Last edited:

rajvanagro

Dairy Farm

Dear Ashwini Mam,

Can u provide me consultancy OR help me to get consultant in Dairy Farming?

I have sufficient land (22 Acres) with round the year water availability & 3 phase power facility both from Maharashtra & Karnataka state.

For more details u may visit trial website - Home - Rajvan Krishi Paryatan ,Tolnur & Rajvan Krishi Paryatan on face book ~ "Arvind Rabba"

Thanks & Regards,

Dr.Arvind, Pune

Hi,
As I want to give my Packet Milk Dairy Plant on lease/rental so if you (or) your friends are interested on the same please contact me

Thanks
1. Complete details with the list of equipment’s
Milk Can
Milk Crade
Packet Machine
Homogenizer Machine
Head Boiler
Air Compressor
Ammonia Compressor
Curd Machine
Weight Scale
Milk Cylo
Ammonia Receiver
Milk Chiller
Packet Milk Storage Room
ICE Bank Tank
Milk Dump Tank
Lab
Cream Separator

2. Plant Capacity
3000 Ltr/Hour
3. Machines Make rent
• Packing machine - Samarpan
• Air Compressor - ELGI
• Head Boiler - ESS KAY
• Packed Milk Storage Room - Blue Star
• Ammonia Compressor - Frick ammonia compressor
• Milk Chiller - F Max Systems
• ICE Bank Tank Capacity - 25000 LTR.
• Homogenizer - Harvestor.
4. Present condition
• Good Running
5. Last date of stopped the production?
• 13/05/2012
6. The main reason for stopping production?
• I am going to onsite.
7. Profit you are getting per month.
• 3/ltr
8. No. of years of actual usage
9. No. of years of idle (without production)
• N/A

rajani21

Dear Ashwini Mam,

Can u provide me consultancy OR help me to get consultant in Dairy Farming?

I have sufficient land (22 Acres) with round the year water availability & 3 phase power facility both from Maharashtra & Karnataka state.

For more details u may visit trial website - Home - Rajvan Krishi Paryatan ,Tolnur & Rajvan Krishi Paryatan on face book ~ "Arvind Rabba"

Thanks & Regards,

Dr.Arvind, Pune
Dear rajvanagro(Dr. Arvind),

As told by Mr.Hegde- I can provide consultancy to set up the dairy farm.

Email: h.parameshwar@gmail.com
-----------------------------------------

Regards,
Rajani

cowman

Input required - Dairy Farm Location

Dear Editorial Team,
For viability, it is suggested by experts to keep the farm closer to urban centers.I need your clarification in this regard.

a) Lands in the vicinity of urban clusters (say,50-80 km from chennai) are priced at exorbitant rates and it is difficult to get even a acre of land at a cheaper rate.
Considering a farm size of cross breed cows of herdsize 10-50 ,What is the viable distance that a farm can exist from the urban centers?

b) To start with, is it still profitable to sell to co-operatives rather than to the users(say,hotels/households)?

The suggestion will help me to drill down to a location.

Thanks in advance,
S.

rajani21

Dear Editorial Team,
For viability, it is suggested by experts to keep the farm closer to urban centers.I need your clarification in this regard.

a) Lands in the vicinity of urban clusters (say,50-80 km from chennai) are priced at exorbitant rates and it is difficult to get even a acre of land at a cheaper rate.
Considering a farm size of cross breed cows of herdsize 10-50 ,What is the viable distance that a farm can exist from the urban centers?

b) To start with, is it still profitable to sell to co-operatives rather than to the users(say,hotels/households)?

The suggestion will help me to drill down to a location.

Thanks in advance,
S.
Dear Cowman,

Please go through the below suggestion given by Mr.Parameshwar Hegde.--Dairy consultant.

With the size of 10-50 cows it would be ideal to sell the milk to the cooperatives, otherwise the marketing cost will be more. So it does not make much difference whether your farm is near or far from urban centres. Cooperatives are spread across the state.

Regards,
Rajani

redvetptzy

Dear friends,

This is balaji from Dindigul, tamilnadu, i completed mba and i have exp in diary business but i dont have money to starting up the diary farm chould you any body give me advise how to get da loan form bank or ngo or any other finances link... i am ready to work heard and smart my emil id -
if any body know the way how i need to go for that pls contact me or mail me..
Please contact me.

Dr.Aneesh

editorialteam

Dear Readers,

Please note this thread is now closed since the Editors are no longer moderating this topic. If you wish to discuss further on this topic please free to contact the members directly via private message or by posting a new topic in the "Q & A" forum.

Regards,
Shweta - Editorial Team

syamprasadh

Good afternoon sir, i read your letter which is posted in the web site, i am requesting you please give me information regarding the construction of shed for animals which is well equipped updated technology. Here labor problem is more so i am searching updated technology. please send me to this e mail
Thanking you sir,
Yours sincerely,

analyst

Contact this person for HF cows

Hello All,
If you are interested to buy good HF cows then I would suggest you guys to contact Mr.Gopal Naidu from Bangalore, I got to know about this nice person 2 years ago.
He is a person who has intense knowledge in dairy business, He supplies/exports hundreds of cows every month to Maharashtra/tamilnadu/andhra.

His contact num: