Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Banana Farming

Register

Click Here!

Hi All,

I am a newbie to farming and what i would like to know is :-

1. whether i can convert paddy fields to land suitable for banana farming or
2. can i directly plant banana plants in paddy fields after all the water has been drained from the paddy fields?
3. which variety of banana should i start growing?

I am requesting all those who are into banana farming or those with proper knowledge about banana farming to please help me.

Thanks - Vinod

sushil528

banana production

hi vinod
i am sushil patil from jalgaon distric of maharashra and doing bisness in tisuee culture banana and have well experience in cultivation if u have any information about banana farming call me or mail me

Last edited by a moderator:

anil1956

banana cultivation

Dear Vinod,

Good that you are planning to enter green field.

Regarding your queries

exact reply can be given by a good consultant after visiting your site or land as various factor edaphic and biotic and climatological factors have to be studied. this is required only if you are going on pretty large scale like say 10 acres and above.at this level you can get attractive returns.

Now various short cut methods, free advises will pour in leading to risks of financial losses as these people do not take any responsibility for their advise.
Good scientific approach is recommended.
Do inform the location, size, investment level for anybody to guide.A correct approach is
1. size 10 acres
2. pre plan visit to land by consultant
3. have a cost estimate and protocol details, have a small feasibility study
4. execute the project, expect the consultant to stay on site for a day or two while planting.
5. tie up with consultant for a monthly visit.
this only leads to good success.

anil1956@hotmail.com

Hi All,

I am a newbie to farming and what i would like to know is :-

1. whether i can convert paddy fields to land suitable for banana farming or
2. can i directly plant banana plants in paddy fields after all the water has been drained from the paddy fields?
3. which variety of banana should i start growing?

I am requesting all those who are into banana farming or those with proper knowledge about banana farming to please help me.

Thanks - Vinod

janardhan knl

Banana business

Hi This is janardhan from ap . i am doing banana wholesale business.. if have banana stock.. i can buy ....

kula934

Hi Janardhan,

I am from Anantapur, AP. I can supply you bananas on regular basis. Please see your PM for more details