Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Greenhouse Farming - Help - Costing - Subsidy

Register

Click Here!

narayandd

Hi All,
Please help me with the government policy on the subsidy for setting up the greenhouse farming facility. I have heard that Central govt gives 50% of cost of project and Gujarat state govt gives 25% of cost of project as subsidy. From some other source I could come to know that there is only one subsidy not depending upon the cost of the project, however it is a one time amount of Rs. 18 Lacs. What is true?

Please provide the suggestions if you guys feel so regardinng dos and donts. I am an IT engineer by profession and not a farmer.

Following are the details,
Jilla : Kheda
State : Gujarat
Size: 1 Acre
Climate: Max 44 C in summer
Min 7 C in winter

:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Narayan

Last edited by a moderator:

arun08

In a bid to encourage cultivation of exotic flowers, fruits and vegetables in Gujarat, the state government is planning to take up the number of greenhouses from current 150 to around 1,000 in next three years. The state government is offering several incentives to encourage cultivators for developing greenhouses.

"We have already seen 150 greenhouses coming up in Gujarat in last one year. The role of protected cultivation in greenhouses is increasing globally. In Gujarat as well, we want to encourage cultivation in greenhouses, especially that of exotic flowers, fruits and vegetables. In next three years, we hope to add another 850 greenhouses in Gujarat," said Dileep Sanghani, minister of state for agriculture and cooperation, Government of Gujarat on the sidelines of a seminar on 'Agribusiness – Opportunities and Challenges' on Wednesday.

While the central government already offers a 25 per cent subsidy for greenhouse development, the Gujarat government is also providing a 50 per cent subsidy for greenhouse structure. Moreover, according to SR Chaudhari, director of horticulture, Gujarat government, cultivators can also avail a six per cent interest on subsidy and 25 per cent subsidy on electricity, for five years each. "In terms of project cost, it takes an average Rs 26 lakh per greenhouse per acre, while cultivators earn an average profit of Rs 5-6 lakh per greenhouse. Currently, India contributes only one per cent to the total $ 7,400 million fresh floriculture trade globally. We hope to see Gujarat's contribution in this to increase in the near future," said Chaudhari.

denisan

Query regarding Green house

Resp sir,

My name is Mr.Denisan Patel, and i have came across your query regarding greenhouse.
I am really happy by knowing that you have keen interest in greenhouse farming.

Advantages of Greenhouse:
1. It provides optimum condition for your plants.
2. Saves grocery expenses.
3. Protection of plants by heavy rainfalls, drought, and other environmental harsh conditions.
4. No season gardening (Crops can be grown throughout the year).
5. Pests and diseases can be controlled easily
6. Labor requirement is less.

Govt. of Gujarat (50%) and Govt. of India (25%) both provides subsidies for the greenhouse construction.
Greenhouse construction cost around 9-10 lacks per 1000 sq m. and for that you will get 50% subsidy according to the project proposal filed.
Market for the product can be found very easily as the quality of the product is exportable.
Flowers and other vegetables can be exported to the other countries and get a good income from there.
Your capital cost can be recovered in 1-2 year only (depends on the plant and prize).
Govt. of Gujarat permit maximum of 4000 sq m greenhouse per farmer.
loan and other facilities can be provided from the other organization also on their respective interest rates.

If you need more information regarding this and want to build a greenhouse on your farm you can mail me on my E-mail ID.

Thank you,

Denisan Patel.

Hi All,
Please help me with the government policy on the subsidy for setting up the greenhouse farming facility. I have heard that Central govt gives 50% of cost of project and Gujarat state govt gives 25% of cost of project as subsidy. From some other source I could come to know that there is only one subsidy not depending upon the cost of the project, however it is a one time amount of Rs. 18 Lacs. What is true?

Please provide the suggestions if you guys feel so regardinng dos and donts. I am an IT engineer by profession and not a farmer.

Min 7 C in winter

Thanks,
Narayan
Dear Sir,
With reference to our discussion, we take this opportunity to introduce our selves as manufacturer and exporter of UV Stabilized HDPE Mono filament agro shade nets, filter fabrics, anti virus nets, anti insect nets, PE Mulching Film ( Mulch Paper ) and Plastic Cord. Mudra Enterprises is known for its inventiveness and quality in the manufacture of polymer (HDPE) netting for a wide variety of applications i.e Agriculture Green House, Net House, Gardening, Construction and Household applications.
Our nets are manufactured using the highest quality Virgin HDPE Granules and an exclusive formulation of UV Stabilizer & UV Filter is added to the granules. This additive allows our nets to resist the atmospheric agents, particularly the harmful UV Rays thereby increasing the life of the nets and provides protection to the plants. Our shade nets are Multi Lock Knit using the latest technology. Hence, they do not fray like other shade nets even when they are cut.. Our Shade net and Mulching Film is available in wide range of width and color
Mono Shade Net with UV Stabilizer
Width : 1 Meter to 5 Meter
Shade Factor : 25 % to 75 %
Color : Milky White, green, Green+Black, Black, Red

Knotted / Knottless Bird Net with UV Stabilizer
Width : 1 Meter to 5 Meter
Square Mesh : 15mm / 20 mm / 25 mm

Insect proof Net with UV Stabilizer
Width : 1 to 3 Meter
Mesh Size : 40 mesh, 50 mesh
Color : Milky White

Let us know your product of interest, we will arrange samples for your reference.

With Regards,

Chandrakant Patel

jeetvidhi

Dear narayanbhai

Gujarat state govt gives 50% of cost of project as subsidy (Only construction of green house its cost is about 26 lac)

Central govt gives 8lac on horticulture crop (capsicum , tomato etc.) and 11 lac on flowriculture (zarbera, rose etc.)

agriera

green house

Respected sir,

Here i want to Start my own green house project for color capsicum. That's why i want to know how the central govt. as well as stat govt. help us in this project. And i want to grow capsicum for export then how can i get link for export market. And what is the procedure for export. Kindly give me above information.

Thank you

kishan29

imformation about green house

DEAR ALL,
pl, give me information about lone and susidies provide on green house installation in my farm by goverment of india & gujrat.
GIVE INFORMATIOM ON MY EMAIL"

I hope halpfull to me.

Thanks
CHANDRESH

amit1507

a

Dear Denisan,

I am Amit Patel from surendranagar and interested in setting up GREEN HOUSE. Please send me maximum detail as possible as for GREEN HOUSE starting from costing to earning.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

shravanbbm

Greenhouse Farming

I would like to know more about Greenhouse Farming. Basic requirements for setting up greenhose farm, and what steps should be taken after that.

bkmalkan

Sir, My Name is Brijesh Malkan I have Land in Kadi Near Ahmadabad, I want to Know that in this Land I can use Green House Farming, and Please Tell me About this, and Further I want to Know Cost of Project of the Same

ishan10

dear sir,
this is Ishan amin from "INDIAN ION EXCHANGE AND CHEMICAL LTD" AHMEDABAD

REGARDIND your question, and my survey i was collect info. regarding subsidy given by central govt.is 50% and from state government is25%.
and your amount of green house is not exceed then 37.40 lacs for 4000sq.mt. and if u want to install R.O.plant amount will not exceed then 1.50 lacks.
we are leading Mfg. of R.O. plants for green house. if u want further details then contact me
ISHAN AMIN
BUSINESS EXECUTIVE
I.I.E.C.L.

1947kv

Hi All,

Min 7 C in winter

Thanks,
Narayan
Dear Sir,
I refer to your recent visit to our Patron Agri systems stall at the Agritech Fair at Bangalore when you evinced interest in taking up distribution for our computerised Agri Green Houses.We are prepared to appoint you as a distributor for your state provided you are ready to invest in a Model Patron Green House to show to interested buyers in your state. Sufficient margins will be provided
and all support will be given in marketing & advertising and training of you personnel.
I am attaching a data sheet which you may duly fill up and return so that we can quote tentative prices.
Thanks,
sunderam,

1947kv

Dear Sir,
I represent M/s Patron Agrisystems , Netherlands , in India and we are interested in appointing distributors for our computerised Agri Greenhouses all over India. These hi tech Greenhouses help grow Hybreed fruits , Vegetables , flowers and other agricultural products in controlled conditions so that the yield is constant on a yearly basis and the produce are insect free and of high quality.
The investment for distribution would be around 10 to 20 lakhs and we will help you set up a pilot Patron computerised greenhouse farm for demo purpose.
In case you are interested in taking up distribution for your State kindly send me an email giving your business profile so that I can arrange for a Skype video Conference with mr.Jelle Boeters , Patron ,Netherlands.
Thanking you,
Sunderam,

hardeep_mahida

Dear Denish and Chandrakant, pl mail me related details on my mail id ragarding green house.

denisan

dear sir,
this is Ishan amin from "INDIAN ION EXCHANGE AND CHEMICAL LTD" AHMEDABAD

REGARDIND your question, and my survey i was collect info. regarding subsidy given by central govt.is 50% and from state government is25%.
and your amount of green house is not exceed then 37.40 lacs for 4000sq.mt. and if u want to install R.O.plant amount will not exceed then 1.50 lacks.
we are leading Mfg. of R.O. plants for green house. if u want further details then contact me

ISHAN AMIN
BUSINESS EXECUTIVE
I.I.E.C.L.
Resp sir,

I am Denisan Patel, i am Vadodara, Gujarat base consultant regarding greenhouse and its services.

Govt of Gujarat and Govt of India, both has changed their schemes for greenhouse and other services.
They have increase their subsidy and on from 2012 they have 65% subsidy scheme.
If you need more detail, please do visit Horticulture department near by you.
Cost which is mention by you is some what true but cost cutting can be done, and maximum cost of the greenhouse as per me for 4000 sq mt is upto 32-33 lacs.

If you need more detail please mail me.

Thank you.
Denisan Patel.