Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What are the best practices for cultivating cassia absus a.k.a "Chasku? Are there any

Register

Click Here!

bv_agri

Hello All,

I would like to some of the leading practices to cultivate the Chasku in 10 acers of land in Andhra Pradesh. Since it is a medicinal plant, we would like here if some one is already cultivating this.

Also, I have following detailed questions on this crop.

How many seeds are required for 10 acers and what would be the cost for these seeds?
What would be the yeild per acer?

What would be the per acer operational cost for this crop?

What would be the market rate for this crop?

Who would be the potentially buyers for this crop?

What would be the duration of the first harvesting?

Any responses to above questions are highly appreciated.

Regards

agrihortifarmer

CHASKU / CHASKO The Botanical name is "cassia absus"
Basically It's a wild plant available forest areas. I am not sure if some one cultivated this and got the yeild so far. Governement is not issuinh the seeds. If you get the seeds from out side, no one knows what is gemination %. Diration of crop is 120 days. Mid July or August is righ ttime to cultivate. As no one cultivated sofar in AP, it's difficult to guess the yeild, how ever we can expect 4-5quintals per Acer. There are buyers in the market. Buyers is not an Issue. Even I can buy in Bulk. If you need I can supply Chasku seeds for cultivation, I am not sure about theh germination. 5kgs may require for One Acer. Current rate "sent you throu PM"

ramyamutsuddi

WE WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU AND CHAKSU(ramyamutsuddi@yahoo.co.in)

CHASKU / CHASKO The Botanical name is "cassia absus"
Basically It's a wild plant available forest areas. I am not sure if some one cultivated this and got the yeild so far. Governement is not issuinh the seeds. If you get the seeds from out side, no one knows what is gemination %. Diration of crop is 120 days. Mid July or August is righ ttime to cultivate. As no one cultivated sofar in AP, it's difficult to guess the yeild, how ever we can expect 4-5quintals per Acer. There are buyers in the market. Buyers is not an Issue. Even I can buy in Bulk. If you need I can supply Chasku seeds for cultivation, I am not sure about theh germination. 5kgs may require for One Acer. Current rate "sent you throu PM"
I HAVE HEARD IT IS USE FOR MANUFACTERING EYEDROPS, CAN YOU GIVE INFORMATION IN DETAILS ABOUT THE EYE DROPS ETC.
WIT WAR5M REGARDS
RAMYA MUTSUDDI
MOB: +91 9903785437
ramyamutsuddi@yahoo.co.in

basavasankar

Dear: we from Andhra Pradesh Forest dept.collected seed from Nalgonda district during 2005-2007 and distributed to 5 divisions across Telangana & andhrapradesh state forest areas. They were sown in the plantations as intercrop and we got good germination. Later we have sent those seeds to various agencies.The Horticulture dept.Mr.Satyanarayanareddy, Rajendranagar done some research along with Mr.VishnuvardhanReddy. It is quite economical as the rate has gone to Rs.450/-per kg. and in one acre of intensive cultivation we can get one quintal after 4th month. Please contact 9440939404&9391136476.Mrs.Susheela in that Herbal garden area can be contacted for research result.

madhavs1

Dear Sir,

Cassia Absus its almost more than 5 months crop. Light red,sandy red, red lomy Lands are suites.Germination rate is less than 25%.per acer 12 kg seed required.more than 3 cuttings required for getting seed.sowing time before winter means after heavy raians(Aug),mature fruits we can get before summer(dec15 to jan15).Production max.of 2 quintal per acer. We done 4 years cultivation.There is no assured market for if. For the last 8 years some times per kg Rs.80. some times per kg Rs.600 also.

Thanks&Regards,
Madhav