Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Want to start own farming with breeder

Register

Click Here!

sri_bitla

Hello All,

Two years ago, I built 4 broiler poultry sheds, 2 with 6,000(210X30 area) birds capacity each and 2 with 1,050 birds capacity each (all are 50 feet apart) which are currently running in integration with Suguna. Now I am exploring the possibility of farming on my own using existing sheds. For this I need a hatchery and a feed mill but I don't have money to start with a 1000 bird breeding facility. So I want to start with very small scale say with 200 (or may be less) birds breeder. And I want to continue Suguna integration until my breeder starts producing day old chicks.

My plan is to start a small hatchery with 200 birds and raise day old chicks in my 2X6000 and 2X1050 sheds. But the real question is how to devide/utilize these sheds to raise day old chicks in 8 week cycle? This is how I am planning to do, please advice pros and cons of it and any other advice you may have.

With 200 birds breeder at 75% hatchability, I will get ~1050 day old chicks per week. I will devide each 6000 shed into 3 35X30 partitions with 50 feet separating each partition. That gives 2*3*1050 + 2*1050 = 8*1050 partitions, all separated by 50 feet on all sides. Can I follow this strategy to do my own farming? I will have feed mill and hatchery/incubator with just enough capacities to run my farm. Please advice.

Thanks,
Srinivas

sachingoud

Hi sir,
this is sachin from hyderabad im planning to start poultry farm in intigration model with suguna @ Shadnagar near Hyderabad,
so please help me i have few doughts.
1. Is contract farming with suguna chicken profitable
2. How much i have to invest for 10,000 birds shed
Sir i'll be very happy if i could directly talk with you and know your experiences pls give your mail id or contact number

sachingoud.b@gmail.com