Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Wanted Want shatavari cultivator undar buy-back facility

Register

Click Here!

4521rk

Shatavari
(Asparagus racemosus Willd), Family- Liliaceae
The plant is perennial; prickly climber excessively branched prickly under shrub found throughout the tropical & subtropical parts of India up to 1200m. Roots tuberous 15-40 cm long greyish.
Common name: Satamuli, Satavar, Abhiru.
Location: It is found throughout India and also cultivated both for medicinal & ornamental purpose.
Part Used: Tuberous Root.
Cultivation:
Soil and Climate: Plant usually grows in a variety of soils including medium black having pH 7-8, electric conductivity 0.15, organic carbon 0-79% and phosphorus 7.3 Kg/acre. It can be easily grown in sub-tropical & sub-temperate agro-climatic regions up to 1400m.
Land preparation: The soil is given 20-30cm deep ploughing followed by 2-3 harrowing after few days. Grasses and weeds are removed. The land is properly leveled and 40-45cms broad ridges are prepared for plantation, leaving 15-20cms furrow space as a channel for irrigation.
Nursery raising and planting: Seeds are sown in April in raised beds at 5cms apart to facilitate decay of its hard seed coat by the time monsoon commenced. Germination starts in 8 to 10 days after the first shower of monsoon in June. The seedlings were transplanted on ridges at 60X60cms apart and provided bamboo stakes when the plants attained a height of 45cms.
Vegetative propagation is by division of rhizomatous disc present at the base of the aerial stem. The rhizomatous disc develops several vegetative buds along with 2-3 tuberous roots. These pieces are planted conversing the buds with 1cm of soil followed by irrigation. The sprouting commenced in 8-10 days after plantation.
Weeding: Two weeding are carried out during the rainy months, therefore one in next 2-3 months.
Irrigation: Irrigation is given after the rainy season is over, at the rate of two irrigations in winter season and one per month in summer season.
Manures, Fertilizers and Pesticides: The medicinal plants have to be grown without chemical fertilizers and use of pesticides. Organic manures like Farm Yard Manure (FYM), Vermi-Compost, and Green Manure etc. may be used as per requirement of the species. To prevent diseases, bio-pesticides could be prepared (either single or mixed) from neem (kernel, seeds, & leaves), Chitrakmool, Dhatura, Cow’s urine etc.
Harvesting/Post Harvesting: The plant is harvested after 18-40 months in winter. The roots are dugout collected and cleared. The roots are peeled off with the help of sharp knife immediately after harvesting. It is observed that in case the roots are not peeled off within a few days, it is a bit difficult to remove the skin as such. In such a condition the roots are kept in boiling water for about 10 minutes, followed by cold-water treatment to facilitate peeling. After removing the skin, it is cut transversely into small pieces and dried in shade.
Yield: the average yield is reported to about 4-5 kg fresh weight per plant after 18-24 month age. Estimate yield of 15 - 18 Quintals/acre dry roots is reported precaution may be taken for rodents and rats which occasionally eat tender shoots.
8. PHYSICAL AND FINANCIAL Requirements (for 1.0 acre)
PARTICULARS (I YEAR) AMOUNT (in Rs.)
Land Preparation : Harrowing, Ploughing, FYM, preparation of beads 5,000/-
Soil Sterilization : Bio-fertilizers and micro-nutrients etc. 5,000/-
Irrigation Equipments: Engine/Pumpset -Nil-
Fencing Arrangements: Temporary barricading -Nil-
Shatavari 1.0 Acre (12,000plants Shatavari "QPMS" @ Rs. 3/plant) 36,000/-
Cost of Plantation 5,000/-
Plants Protection Measures i.e. root promoters, pest management, growth promoters etc. @ 1,000/- per Month 12,000/-
Labourers, hand weeding, cost of irrigation, harvesting, post harvesting, expenses on pulling and drying etc. 60,000/-
Consultancy and miscellaneous NIL
TOTAL EXPENSES 1,23,000/-

INCOME :
We start getting Shatavari at 18-24 months after plantation.
The economics of Shatavari varies due to rate of planting material, market rate of dry Shatavari and system of sowing and production etc. In normal condition the economics can be estimated as follows.
TOTAL OUTPUT :
S.No. Particulars Area 1.0 Acres
1. Shatavari @15 Q/acre 15 Q.
Dry Roots of Shatavari minimum price @ 350/- Kg.
1,500 Kg. X 350 = 5,25,000
RETURNS AND PROFITS :
The benefits of the Project are based on the production of the crop. The returns from the project is = Total Income - Total Expenses
= 5,25,000 – 1,23,000 = 4,02,000/-
The prevailing maximum market rate of dry Roots of Shatavari is Rs 30,500/Q, has been taken in to account for calculating the returns of the project. The total profit from the project in 2 yrs is estimated Rs. 4,02,000 i.e. Rs.2,01,000/- per year can be achieved from the project.
NOTE:
(I) Interest amount of the financial institution (Bank) has not been taken into account.
(II) The profit from the inter-crops has not been taken into account.
FROM
SRIJAN BIOTECH
LUCKNOW
MOB. 09559337801
e-mail: srijanbiotech@gmail.com

gaurav1591

Dear sir,
I am farmer I want to cultivate Shatavari in my farm so can you guide me for that I have required farm with good quality soil that need for the cultivation so please give me reply on my contact details.
Contact no:8788424043
What's app: 7041475134
Email id: gauravdeshmukh1523@gmail.com
Thanks & regards.

raj nain

Dear sir,
I am an Agriculture Engineer.
Looking for cultivation of medicinal plants, specially "Shatavari", because some of said too demand in present situation.

Kindly contact me or whatsapp me regarding Shatavari cultivation.

Thanks & Regards.
Rajesh Nain
Email:-raaznain@gmail.com

neelangi

Dear sir,
I am an Agriculture Engineer.
Looking for cultivation of medicinal plants, specially "Shatavari", because some of said too demand in present situation.

Kindly contact me or whatsapp me regarding Shatavari cultivation.

Thanks & Regards.
Rajesh Nain
Email:-raaznain@gmail.com
We are suppliers of Sataver plants contact me 9719445818

pioneeragri

Shatavari cultivation

For complete guidance and cultivation of Nepali Shatavari along with buyback support, growers may please contact us. We provide consultancy package for Shatavari and various other site-specific medicinal and aromatic plants from planning to buyback.