Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Trees used for Biomass energy generation

Register

Click Here!

kjohri

I want to know what are some of the popular trees used as a feedstock for biomass based power generation:

The criteria are -
Low water consumption
Should be able to grow in Tamil Nadu
high calorific value
Grows in red soil
Renewable
Harvesting period not more than 2-3 years

I have heard of melia dubia but it needs a good intake of water. Are there any other trees that I can use?

shanmuga06

Biomass -Melia dubia cultivation

sir,

Now a days biomass project is good option for nation.For biomass project requires fuel is the vital factor.In short term cultivation with high calory with short duration the melia dubia is the best option.We can do close plantation and cultivate with in two years or three t=years maximum.The calory of the melia dubia observed and measured as 4000 approximately subject to the soil &water source.The yield also from one acre minimum 40 to 50 tons per acre.

For more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar
Priya Nursery garden
KARAIKUDI-630001
+91 9 8 4 3 0 8 0 2 7 5
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

udyan

Biomass Energy

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Udyan!

Sir, the best option in given soil and availability of water would be Bamboo plantation it gives much better biomass. We may provide you all the details. Please visit the site of our company Udyan Herbomatrix Pvt Ltd. Our company is backed by Agri scientist and we may provide you back to back services in the matter.

Thanking you and regards

QUOTE=kjohri;113786]I want to know what are some of the popular trees used as a feedstock for biomass based power generation:

The criteria are -
Low water consumption
Should be able to grow in Tamil Nadu
high calorific value
Grows in red soil
Renewable
Harvesting period not more than 2-3 years

I have heard of melia dubia but it needs a good intake of water. Are there any other trees that I can use?[/QUOTE]

sudhirpai

Trees for biomass

Melia Dubia is found to be an ideal tree with 5700 calories and for obtaining maximum volume of bio-mass in 2-3 years. For saplings you may contact us.

SUDHIR PAI

kjohri

Mr Pai - Please pm me your contact number

Looks like you do not accept PM. Can you please email me your mail id or PM me.
My email id is same as my username. I use google.

shanmuga06

Melia Dubia

Hi,
we observed the caloric measure of melia dubia timber as 5143 subject to the moisture of 10 15% .This is the maximum reading.Generaly the melia dubia posses high caloric potency among all biomass realted timbers.So the caloric energy quoted by somebody is 5700 is not possible any cost.

for more details plz contact us:

a Sivakumar
Priya Nursery garden
KARAIKUDI-630001.
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

rtkaushik

Neem too seems to be used for this. I have heard of a large project somewhere in Madurai. They have a power plant in MW range.

If water is not a constraint, bamboo seems another candidate, as said by Growmore Biotech. They have a variety called BHEEM, samples of which I saw. It seems to be a no brainer, if you have enough water. Growmore is setting up a 10,000 acre plantation for some MNC power company, in both Shimoga and TN

There is another example, in Bihar I think, of IIM graduates setting up small plants in KW range using locally available waster (rice husk in this case). An internet search should get you the details

shanmuga06

Biomass -Melia dubia cultivation

Hi
If we go for plantation bambosa beema variety when we will get the yield?whats the caloric parameters? Me,mbers are very eager to know about less cultivation period and also high caloric potency.So the bamboosa beema will not serve their purpose immediately.The caloric parameter is very less than melia dubia.

A sivakumar

kjohri

Thanks for the responses.
I do not know much about Beema but the calorific value is lesser but comparable..Harvesting period is about 3 yrs