Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Software Professionals Turned Farmers

Register

Click Here!

sivavsm

hi...
i am also looking to start my career in agriculture field...and i have undergone training about an year...so plz inform me if you would like to start a farm...we may discus how we can go about...

Thanks and regards

Bhuvanesh
mail to:
Ph no:

Hi

I am sivanantham from kumbakonam, tamilnadu having land and having interest to start a goat farm. If you are willing to join me please contact me thru private message

simara

hi,
i belong to medical proffesion.n i work abroad since last three year still found lot of stress. i feel also lonely lot of work pressuren stressn i want to take care of my parent.i want to return back to home and my parental business is agriculture. so i want to ingage. i heard that people coming back from their proffesion like IT,medical more other to ingage in farming work.
so i would like to know the suggestion from agribusiness frofessional that is it frofitable business n how? waiting for reply very gigerly

simara

[could i know pls about rubber plantation. about cost to plant in one acre?
profit in one acre other expenses like pestiside labour charge yeilding?
for how many year to be planted? u can contact me on my personal id

Last edited by a moderator:

pswaroop

Hello buddys
Lets all start a yahoo group/FB so that we all can join and meet and discuss things that we like and have a common vision. This will allow us to be in touch with all.

Pls reply so that we can come togather in a common platform.

I am also in IT and want to take agriculture as a business and also feel good when with nature!.

mmr166

Hi All-
I am software Engineer from Madanapalli, chittoor(dt) of Andhra Pradesh. I have 30 acres of agriland and I am looking for profitable ventures. I can also invest in the projects. Please suggest me some profitable ways to make sure my land. I am also looking for partners for some projects.

mmr166

Hi Friends -

I am very happy to see so many educated people interested in Farming. I am in to IT , but very interested in Agriculture field, that because my father and grand father belong to Farming and see it through my childhood. While I am researching on different project and trying to find information on Farming in india, I see something is missing in the online world. I see very less information available in india on farming and that too, finding it is very difficult. I see a problem here. When so many people are looking for information on farming, why can't we have a website which is user friendly, easy to search and has can act like a good site for all agricultural communities in Online. So I am thinking in that line to invest and build a website to connect everyone like us who want meet and share information. At this point, I want to get your opinions on this idea and I would appreciate, if you can throw your ideas/suggestion around this? I appreciate your time again.

Murali

glass

Hello Murali,

Why not use aginfo.com, i.e., this site? this is a good platform to connect.
There are also several others such as Home | FarmNest.com Agriculture and Farming India that you can take a look at.

Good luck.

Hi Friends -

I am very happy to see so many educated people interested in Farming. I am in to IT , but very interested in Agriculture field, that because my father and grand father belong to Farming and see it through my childhood. While I am researching on different project and trying to find information on Farming in india, I see something is missing in the online world. I see very less information available in india on farming and that too, finding it is very difficult. I see a problem here. When so many people are looking for information on farming, why can't we have a website which is user friendly, easy to search and has can act like a good site for all agricultural communities in Online. So I am thinking in that line to invest and build a website to connect everyone like us who want meet and share information. At this point, I want to get your opinions on this idea and I would appreciate, if you can throw your ideas/suggestion around this? I appreciate your time again.

Murali

sandipm

Friend I would like to inform you that before 1760 i.e. before the arrival of britishers in India, Farmers were considered as the richest classs followed by businessman and then by workers..It is the pocilies of Britishers that spoiled the whole agricultural sytem of India.This is well documented in House of Commons library in London... this can be achieved even today..:)

sandipm

I believe there is no better business than agriculture... u sow 1 seed and it gets multiplied into 50. which business multiplies ur money 50 times even on paper...:)

niksnarayana

There is lots of information available on the internet. You have to do proper Google searching and you will get all information from private websites, university websites, foreign sites etc.
We have managed to do agriculture and dairy farming along with construction of shed just by getting information from internet.

Good luck searching.
Nikhil

rajus19

You are right Sandip, I'm also joining this group ( shifting from IT to Agri ). I think our generation need to prove that Agri is a profitable profession to our next generations.

Thanks,
Srini

Last edited: