Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Sacrifice Vs Proximity in Biodiesel business

Register

Click Here!

k1jatrophaoils

Biodiesel from....

Hello Sir,

I am BP Hegde, a graduate from RV College of Engineering. I am looking to start Biodiesel production in Karnakata using multiple feedstocks like includes virgin, crude and recycled vegetable oils and animal fats such as soya, mustard, rapeseed, cotton, palm, jatropha, neem, pongamia (honge), coconut, poultry fat, recycled fryer oil and grease trap materials. I have identified the machinery which will do my work. Now the questions I have are:
  • Raw materials: Is there availability of jatropha, pongamia, and other plants or I should rely on waste oil as my raw material
    • Location: Transporting biodiesel is very expensive, so its always good to be close to the consumer. But, if we are away from the raw material, again that adds up to our inputs. So, what do you think would be the best location in Karnataka.

It would be really helpful if you could provide me your expert insights into this.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
      BP
Dear Hegde!

very sorry to respond you bit late as I was out of station for a month and did not have access to internet.

Karnataka is the worst state in the country to set up biodiesel plant.
The problem here is this bloody state Govt. is powerless, helpless and needless to say about its will power towards industrialisation.

I do not want to comment anything on feedstocks what you have listed as we are all aware that Palm based feedstock is the cheapest available raw material in this country namely Palm sterin.

However, I am not interested to promote the interest of a foreign product be it oil palm or Petroleum based or even for that matter using slaughtered animals like tallow or fats.

I wish you re consider your decision to start this industry elsewhere than Karnataka.
The fact is this state is not only corrupt in this subject by constituting a bogus sangh parvar lobby to loot money but also to cheat the external world by projecting Hoonge the cheapest feedstock which is never possible.

Bhadrinath.

k1jatrophaoils

Dear friends!

I am quite happy to continue in this forum for the nineth year and thanks to all of you who encouraged me to present my views here without any fear.

Bhadrinath.

k1jatrophaoils

Its interesting to see a new Karnataka Govt headed by a very honest politician and also a deserving minister in that portfolio of rural development namely Mr.H.K.Patil who is fully aware of alternate fuels and the need of dry land management better than the previous minsitry.

We expect the state govt to legislate the VAT on Biodiesel first and then support the people who sacrificed for this subject since 2005.
Bhadrinath.

kmr89

Mr.Bhadrinath

I am very thank full for your information regarding biodiesel. I am planning to start this biodiesel company pls let me know the procedure and other pacts regarding this industry like company policy, tax etc
waiting for your repaly
mail id:keeerthimreddykmr@gamil.com