Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Resource Sharing - Use our Land for Free

Register

Click Here!

farmz

I am writing to connect with like-minded people who are willing to start a farming enterprise, either in partnership or individually. We own huge chunks of land available in the state of Bihar, about 150 Acres, broadly spread in two major areas. Area A has close to 90 Acres, of which 15 Acres is exactly on the highway (Bihar SH22 > Sultanganj-Tarapur-Dardmara Road). The remaining land is in Area B, about 35 Kms from Area A, well connected with motor-able road.

Background
Our family has been involved in farming and allied activities on these lands for over 200 years now. Apart from producing traditional crops in our farms, we also have Fruit Orchards, big size Ponds, and a Check-Dam within the property. To add, majority of land in Area A is next to a river; and largely facilitates low-cost irrigation throughout the year. We are also cultivating Medicinal and Aromatic Plants for some time now.

My family is the sole undisputed owner of this entire property, and all these plots have a Clear Title, free and clear of any credits, lien, etc.

Proposal
We welcome existing or new businesses, to work with us in any of the below listed three arrangements.
A few of my preferred businesses would be, but not limited to:
• Farming (Traditional Crops, Exotic Vegetables, Nursery, Flowers, Fruit Orchards, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, etc.)
• Animal Husbandry (Dairy, Emu Farming, Goatery, Poultry, etc.)

(a) Business in Partnership: We can work with you on a project in Profit Sharing mode, where the partnership percentage will depend on the amount of investment one brings in to the business. Each Partner will have their respective responsibilities.

(b) Use Land for Free: Projects in this setting will operate in the Resource Sharing mode, where you will use our land for your very own ventures without any payments of rent / lease, etc. Land Owner will not be involved in business planning or decisions, neither would they have any share in the revenue generated by the business. We will only use your resources, like Tractor, Plough, Reaper, Thresher, etc. along with other agricultural equipments.
This will largely help us to promote marginal farmers who are willing to work with us in large numbers.

(c) Purchase, Lease, or Rent: You may purchase the available land to start your establishment. The available land can be leased (Long, fixed term), or rented (on a month to month basis) as well.

A few other feasible ventures are listed below. Please add in your ideas as well.
• Agro Industries, Bottled Water Plant, Food Processing Units
• Manufacturing Plants, Factories, Industrial Units, Petrol Pump, etc.
• Farm Tourism, Resort, Hotel, Restaurants, Housing Colonies, Townships, Warehouse, Hospital
• Gurukul, Ashram, Yoga & Meditation Centre, School, University
• Pisciculture, Sericulture, Apiculture, Vermiculture, etc.

Our lands and agricultural works are located in the District of Banka (pronounced: Baaka), State of Bihar. Project Sites are well connected by road with nearest Train Station only half a kilometre away. We are around 20 Kms via road from the famous city of Deoghar/Baidyanath Dham (Deoghar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), Jharkhand. Another major Railway Station, Jasidih (JSME) is just 15 Kilometres away; which is on the Howrah (Kolkata) - Patna - Delhi line.

Banka is strategically located near the source of raw materials for heavy industries. Its proximity to Jharkhand (bordering Deoghar, Dumka, and Godda) and the river Chandan makes it a very strong contender for coal based power plant investment and other heavy Industry. [Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banka_district]

Banka is a large producer of Tussar Silk and there is much scope for enterprises related to Silk and its export.

Contact
Please let me know if you are interested in the above listed proposal. We are also open to accommodate any of your viable ideas and willing to discuss it further.

Thanks,
Kumar

Last edited:

sri7272

for more information about land

sir,
I am Srinivas from Hyderabad. I am interested to do cultivate the land as well as agri related sallied products like pickles,

Last edited by a moderator:

farmz

sir,
I am Srinivas from Hyderabad. I am interested to do cultivate the land as well as agri related sallied products like pickles,
Hello Srinivas:

In what arrangement would you like to work with us - Partnership or some other. And, when do you think you would be able to start?

We are currently (Jan 2013) working on developing Nurseries for Medicinal Plants.

Please let me know.

Kumar