Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Organic Farming

Register

Are you practicing organic farming at your farm?

• Total voters

Click Here!

editorialteam

Mr. Harsh Majmudar, Deputy Manager- Marketing & Exports says -

Organic farming has two different schools of thoughts. There is one school which believes in organic farming and is actually implementing it. So it is not just a talk but we see some implementation in it. But it is still a way to go for successful implementation and better methods requirement for the same. Benefits as of now are not directly evident as both views of going for it and against it are equally prevalent.

TRANSCHEM Agritech Limited
3rd Floor, Marble Arch, Racecourse
Vadodara - 390007, Gujarat, India
Tel: 0265-6542247 /0265-6544069
Mob: 09725204522
Email: prachigala@gmail.com
Web: Welcome | Transchem Agritech Limited

editorialteam

Mr. Murtuza Ali Khan, Founder and Managing Partner Golden Agricare Traders,says-

We are in this business since 2004 and to a great extent we approach rural farmers. Many farmers are benefited by these products. Some of the videos of farmers’ opinion are uploaded on YouTube@goldenagricare account.

Golden Agricare Traders,
H. No: 15-1-11,
Opp. Jama Masjid, PALVANCHA,
Khammam District
Andhra Pradesh India
Pin: 507115
Mob: 97041 15454
Email: goldenagricare@gmail.com
Web: Golden Agricare - Golden Agricare

editorialteam

Mr. Gaffoor Panakkat, proprietor, Zahna Enterprises says-

Yes, "organic" is a city talk. Actually products are inorganic.

Zahna Enterprises
KA 93 Aboobakar Nivas Compound Post Thana Kannur 670012
Mob: 95443 17030
Email: infofairborn@yahoo.com

editorialteam

Mr. Raju V.R.Palanisamy, Chairman cum Managing Director, Mithunram Groups says-

Yes, very recently the certification formalities and the subsidies announced by the state and central governments are benefits for the organic farming community.

Mithunram Groups
694/1, Chandrapuram, Dharapuram Road, Tirupur - 641 608 Tamil Nadu, India
Tel: +91-421-2428936, Mobile: 98422-20585, 93630-02171
Email: gbcsdindia@gmail.com
Web: MITHUNRAM PROPERTIES LIMITED - Greening Globe

editorialteam

Mr. M. S. Mruthyunjay, Managing Director, Sujay Irrigations Pvt Ltd says-

Many farmers are seeing the benefit of organic farming. Farmers have to take it seriously in the interest of future.

Sujay Irrigations Pvt Ltd
No. 86, Main Road, Pete Channappa estate,
Kamakshipalya, Bangalore - 560 079.
Karnataka, India.
Ph: +91 80 23488779, +91 80 23283686
Fax: +91 80 23480876.
E-mail: jayant@sujayirrigations.com
website: DRIP IRRIGATION, INTEGRATED DRIP LINES, INLINE LATERAL PIPES, DRIP EMITTERS, FERTIGATION, DRIP IRRIGATION MANUFACTURERS INDIA, INTEGRATED DRIP LINES MANUFACTURERS INDIA, INLINE LATERAL PIPES MANUFACTURERS INDIA, DRIP EMITTERS MANUFACTURERS INDIA, FER

editorialteam

Mr. Mohit Kumar, V farm says-

In my knowledge I don’t find the farmers are getting good price of the product they produce. Therefore firstly they have to be linked with the market before any organic or NPK farming.

V Farm
Rani Bagan, Bariyatu,
Ranchi, Jharkhand
India
Mob: 84048 56864
Email: kmrmohit@gmail.com
Web: V Farm Greens

editorialteam

Mr. Sarvana Kumar,Green Current Solar Energy Systems syas-

In my experience, the recent years have created awareness among both rural and urban farming communities on the benefits of organic farming and yes I see a lot of positives coming out of both the segments.

Green Current Solar Energy Systems
2 A Alamelu Nagar, Kamaraj Road, Coimbatore 641 015 TN
Mob: 95666 00477
Email:saravana.kumar@greencurrent.in
Web: Greencurrent.in | Solar Power Solutions,Solar Water Pumping Solutions, Solar Fencing Solutions

deepakyb

Organic farming is the demand of time, so we have to obtain it. Govt is also serious and we also have to take initiative.
Our farmers are getting good results in organic farming.

deepakyb

Organic farming is the demand of time, so we have to obtain it. Govt is also serious and we also have to take initiative.
Our farmers are getting good results in organic farming.

Namaste.....
I am Vishwajith, I stay in Banglore, I decided to lead my life in Agriculture, can you guide me ? About my education :- i jus completed my BSc in Yoga and doing MSc in Yoga from SVYASA University Banglore,,,, I am 23 year old.
Thank you sir ji .....
wish to have your guidance

editorialteam

Mr. Rajesh Tiwary, Managing Partner, Fuel India Agrienergy Syndicate says-

This is not practical and no way this will give benefit to actual farmers.

Fuel India Agrienergy Syndicate
Nirmalanjali, 23-Friends Enclave
Rudrapur,Udham Singh Nagar
Uttarakhand-263153
Ph: 05944 242554
Mob: 9759955577
Email: fuelindia.uk@gmail.com
Web: Fuel India

editorialteam

Mr. Harish Chander Tewari, Director, WWOOF, says-

It is very challenging for a new company like WWOOF India (with objective of development of Organic Agriculture) when we look at the number of landless rural farmers had already increased from around 28 to over 50 million between 1951 and the 1990s. Nearly about eight million people left agriculture between 1991 and 2001 according to the last census. Loss of status, uncertainty of income, indebtedness, and unfulfilled needs are among the factors that drove mostly men and youth to search for opportunities elsewhere. While they often end up unemployed in urban slum areas. Lacking skills and subsisting through the poorly-paid informal sector, women, the elderly, children and youth have been left on the margins of economic, social, and political life in the village.

The critique WWOOF India is facing from several quarters. In addition to agricultural related industries, producers of chemical inputs and hybrid and GM seed which dismiss organic agriculture and other natural ways of food production as ineffective and something that would create widespread hunger and scarcity.

There are many people with vested interest who argue , what they call the “new social movements,” like WWOOF India are romanticizing pre-capitalist society and being backward looking.

Majority of the farmers are positive towards conversion, but most small farmers feel that there is a need for support for the first few years of conversion, if not always economic, at least in terms of practical education in the alternative methods, and help in producing inputs and acquiring seed. Many farmers attended our meetings (held in various locations at our NGO host farms) where everyone agreed that chemical farming is harmful, but very few dared to give up their current way of farming.

Those who took the step and converted all land into organic farming then started getting help through our WWOOF India volunteers at later stage get less yield the first couple of years, but soon it stabilized to what it used to be. Then they get actively involved in giving trainings to other farmers, and arranging meetings for farmers and consumers. But now people are realizing and many governments are also supporting organic farming because it is a big success. Marketing organic produce and securing a good price for the farmers is a challenge for WWOOF India.

WWOOF
A 46 Judge Farms,
Haldwani, Nainital, Uttrakhand, India
Mob: 9837240600
Email: sewak12@rocketmail.com
Web: WWOOF India

editorialteam

Mr. Saravana Kumar, Founder Member, Green Current Solar Energy Systems says-

In my experience, the recent years have created awareness among both rural and urban farming communities on the benefits of organic farming and yes I see a lot of positives coming out of both the segments.

Green Current Solar Energy Systems
2 A Alamelu Nagar, Kamaraj Road, Coimbatore 641 015 TN
Mob: 95666 00477
Email:saravana.kumar@greencurrent.in
Web: Greencurrent.in | Solar Power Solutions,Solar Water Pumping Solutions, Solar Fencing Solutions

ashokmore

I have developed next generation product 100% bio organic manuar fertilizer with soluble mineral metal (Fly ash based).1600 Kg/hectare required only .After using this fertilizer no chemical fertilizer or pesticide required.400rupee per 50kg bag cost only at our factory .our product is very cheap ,highly nutritious and most suitable for organic farming.
We have developed 10 days complete fermentation process and obtained patent for same. After 2 years still we are waiting for costumer.

editorialteam

Dr Jayakumar Singaram - Executive Director - Operations, Light up a Million Villages India Pvt Ltd., says-

Yes, nowadays all people want to convert organic food instead of inorganic food because lot of diseases facing in the village people like diabetes, liver damage, kidney damage etc. That is why the peoples from villages are converting to organic food.

Light up a Million Villages India Pvt Ltd.
No. 1/2, Lenin Nagar, Alathur, Thiruporur Post, Chengalpattu Taluk,
Kancheepuram District,
TamilNadu, INDIA -603110
Mob: 9840828961
Email: jai@light-up-a-million-villages.com
Web: Light up a million villages

editorialteam

Mr. Munish Kumar, Founder & Managing Partner, Punjab Dairy Farm, says-

Organic farming is just like an impossible task in India. Otherwise it is a very good medium to make money in its name. That is my opinion. Ground realities may differ.

Punjab Dairy Farm,
Bank Bazaar, Bathinda, Punjab
Mob: 98884 20000
Email: ajay.kumar@tycoongroup.in
Web: Welcome to Punjab Dairy..

editorialteam

Mr. Anand Jain,Managing partner, Jeevan Herbs & Agro Farms says-

Most of the farming in India is organic farming because most of the farmers are so poor that they can’t afford latest fertilizers and other chemicals. But the farmers are not benefited for getting the organic produce. Only the middlemen are getting the benefits. This is also a field where the government should help the poor farmers.

Jeevan Herbs & Agro Farms
178, KeshavGanj,
Sagar (M.P.) - 470002
India
Tel: +91-7582-233049, 249910, 248935
Mob: 94251 70978
Email: jeevanherbs@gmail.com
Web: Medicinal Plants,Herbal Plant,Herbal Medicinal Plants,Medicinal Plant India,Medicinal Herbal Plants,Herbal Plant India

editorialteam

Mr. M.K.Shajath Ali Managing Partner, says-

Organic farming is nothing but the farming followed by our forefathers. The benefit of organic farming has not reached the farmers in Tamil nadu. I think it has reached the farmers of only a few states like Sikkim, Punjab and small areas of Andhra, and Gujarat. Organic farming is like planting trees for green. Only for photos and speech it is being used. The organic not only benefits the consumers but majorly the farmers. The farmers are ready to convert to organic and the consumers are awaiting for the easy availability of organic agri products. There is a big gap between both of them. We have to bridge the gap as a team in the journey.

Mr. Shajath Ali
We Care Realtors
3/1, Valli Nagar, Jothi Talkies South Road - 1, Ammapet, Salem - 636 003, -
Tamil Nadu India
Mob: 9150459763
Email: shajath@gmail.com

editorialteam

Mr. James G.Prakash, Head- Business Development, L & N MEDRA AGRO, says-

What we were doing right from the beginning was only organic farming. In the last 2-3 decades the maximum use of technology has disconnected us from the nature. Life is a cycle and we are starting again from the basics. And it is good that the start is from metros and it is more positive.

L & N MEDRA AGRO
14/4, Anusiya Street, Rangarajapuram
Chennai Tamilnadu
India-600024
Mob: 90031 00001
Email: jamesgprakash@gmail.com
Web: L&N AGRO PVT LTD

editorialteam

Mr. Raj Kumar says-

Organic farming is still only at the Seminar stage of institutions. Getting a good yield from the farms out of organic farming takes a reasonable time frame. Further we see not much value / in terms of price to organic produce vis-a - vis non -organic produce.
For example
If you ask a farmer to cultivate rice without supplying him with Urea he might think something is wrong with you.

Raj Kumar,
Chennai 91 8939633561
rajkumar_swaraj@yahoo.co.in

Last edited: