Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Organic Farming / ZBNF of fruits and vegetables in Tamil Nadu.

Register

Click Here!

shawng30

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in starting a farm for growing vegetables and fruits in Tamil Nadu based on the practices of Organic / Zero budget natural farming. Can anyone help me out by telling me what varieties of fruits and vegetables I can start with?

I have no previous experience in this field, so it would be very helpful to gain feedback from all the experienced persons here.

Thank you.

prakashkashyap

Organic farming is not zero budget farming, initially your investment is high, and it will take upto 5 years to see some profits for this type of natural farming. Organic farm should be self sustainable with min yield rather than intensive farming with max yield, which is not practical. To start with organic farming, apply for organic certification which will take you 3 years to get, in this 3 years you will have to invest, invest, and only invest. Sheep, honey bees, flowers, and trees should be part of this organic farm for self sustaining.

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hi,

Please understand the difference between Organic Farming & ZBNF.

The concept of Organic Farming is to use non-chemical fertilizers (manures) which is available naturally.
The concept of ZBNF is popularised by Subash Palekar and in this model he says that fertilizers and everything needs to be made available within the farm itself.

Both the concepts have similarities. Only thing in Organic Farming, you can buy the organic fertilizers and other things from outside as well. But if you want to sustain yourselves, it is better you do it everything in the farm itself.

Coming back to your query on Vegetables & Fruits, identify the vegetables and fruits that are suitable to your soil first and then proceed further.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

orgakart

Hi,
We apprecite your efforts towards organic.We have collectively made efforts to reach organic input products from
manufacturer to organic farmer accross the world by our portal
www.orgakart.com, the home of certified organic inputs.
We, the promotional team of www.orgakart.com , the home of certified organic inputs.
We at www.Orgakart.com provide agronomist support, guides and experiences and agriculture information (24/7) for the portal user.
At www.orgakart.com a wide range of certified organic inputs are present right from Organic fertilizer, Organic pesticides, botanical repellants and similar products.
You can view the operating clip on lick : .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwPnswAQM_4
Protect food ! Protect Earth !! Protect Next Generation !!

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
+91-7030224422
info@orgakart.com

Best Regards
Orgakart Team
Protect Food, Protect Earth, Protect next Generation
Go Organic