Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Need advice about aloevera farming

Register

Click Here!

psingh6805

Hello,
Myself prabhakar singh and i m an electrical engineer. I want to farm aloevera on my land approx 5 acre ... So please suggest me how and where i sale the product crop..and advice me how to farm aloevera crop is profitable or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

alok212003

Hello,
Myself prabhakar singh and i m an electrical engineer. I want to farm aloevera on my land approx 5 acre ... So please suggest me how and where i sale the product crop..and advice me how to farm aloevera crop is profitable or not.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Mr. Prabhakar,
I am a chemical engineer providing my service as technical consultant .
So, if you want to avail of service in the following arenas ,please revert to me;

First of all please note that you will have 60-80 MT of aloe vera leave per acre per annum on the basis of

15-20 MT of aloe vera leave per acre per cut and you can have 3-4 cuts per year .

I will require the following info. apropos aloe vera cultivation to assess the viability and techno-economical analysis of your proposed project:

IN WHICH STATE YOUR LAND EXISTS AND HOW MANY ACRES OF LAND YOU HAVE FOR ALOE VERA FARMING.

1.The pH value of the land(It should preferably between 7 -9.5 pH)

2.Topographical position of the land (it should be high land to avoid water logging.)

3. Availability of water for irrigation (not much)

4. Approachable road and nearest high way distance from the farm

5.Rainfall during monsoon ,if the data available

6.Maximum and minimum ambient temperature(it should be around 10 degree C to 45 degree C under Indian climatic condition)

7.How many acres of land you have for aloe vera farming.

If you want my consultancy service for your proposed project, I will render you my service in the following arenas:

1. Assessment of land chemistry and topographical position

2.Selection of proper baby plant economically and technically viable .

3.Plotting

4.Pit formation

5.Land preparation

6. Channeling

7.Manuring

8.Irrigation

9.Cultivation

10. Cutting process of leaves

11. Preservation of leaves after cutting

12. Profitability and profit margin

13.Manpower requirement and cost.

14. Helping in arranging buy back/contract farming

.You may not be aware that soil quality for aloe vera plants cultivation you should be concerned with the following criteria as the production of aloe vera leave depend on land chemistry and it is to be considered judiciously as growth of aloe vera plants depends on majorly soil condition:

1.The soil should be semi arid, hard and not a marsh land. Sandy soil and soil are also aloe vera plantation friendly.

2.pH of the soil should be between 7-9.5 for better yield.

3.The entire land for cultivation should preferably in a single stress from logistic point of view.

4.The sun rays should be on the land most of the times of the day.

4.High land is to be selected to avoid water logging as roots of aloe vera plant is very much susceptible to water and it is rotten if it is under water constantly for few days

5.The high way is to be nearest to the land area for easy and quick transportation of aloe vera leaves to the consuming points as aloe vera leaves start rotting after 36 hours of cutting from the mother plants.

6.Approach road should be there to reach high way from the farm area.

7.It is advisable to avoid land having H.T. over head transmission line going over the land.

The above parameters to be kept in mind as productivity of aloe vera leave and yield of juice depend upon the soil condition.

I will now give you an idea about production pattern of aloe vera leaves .In normal condition, you will get 60-80 MT of aloe vera leaves per annum from 1 acre of aloe vera plantation. With 4 cuts per year.

Now you can have two options open before you. One is to sell this aloe vera leaves or converting whole or a part into value added aloe vera base products in processing unit.

Disposal of these huge quantity of aloe vera leaves will be tedious job on your part due to following reason:

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALOE VERA LEAVE ARE PERISHABLE ITEM AND IT GETS DISINTEGRATED AFTER 36 HOURS OF CUTTING FROM THE GARDEN. SO, YOU ARE EITHER SELL IT WITHIN 36 HOURS OR TO CONVERT TO END PRODUCTS WITHIN 36 HOURS OF PLUCKING.

So, either you are to sell the whole lot in the nearest market in any metro city or any commercial city nearest of your farm area or on buy back arrangement.But at the infant stage, I an afraid you won't get any party to come to an agreement with you as they desire to see that plants are physically there with good growth.They will initiate discussion when your aloe vera plants are grown-up and their age is around 5 to 6 months.I will definitely help you to reach to a prospective buyer

Now the question arises where and to whom you will sell leaves ? You can sell the same through B2B marketing, or through buy back arrangement/contract farming. For this you are to tie up with any of the big players in this field who have the capacity to lift this large quantity and having their facility near by your farm area. . But they will enter into a contractual agreement with only when your aloe vera plants are 4-5 months old. Please note that aloe vera leaves become matured after 8 months to cut from its mother plant. I will guide you how to reach the big players in aloe vera products and medical purpose intermediates manufacturers .

1.You should have a competent and experienced marketing team who are familiar with aloe vera base products and well conversant with International market

2.Quality products of international standard

3.Well organized livewire marketing team who can establish a good reputation of your company with very good demonstration and convincing quality

4.Through B2B marketing; taking membership of reputed servers like India mart, Exporters India, Agriculture information ,just dial, where n city, click India, EUROASIA , Euro consultants, click India, go4 U.S.A. market, Alibaba,,etc.

5. To show that you meet the specifications of buyers, you need to develop well-structured company and product information, including detailed technical data sheets.

Which are the target companies to get orders?

• Food & beverages, personal care, healthcare and other aloe vera product manufacturers
  • Food & beverages, personal care, healthcare and other aloe vera product suppliers
  • Organizations, forums and alliances related to aloe vera products
  • Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
  • Industry associations
  • Market research and consulting firms

In INDIA:Some of the major players operating in India aloe vera products market are Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Dabur India Ltd., Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Pvt. Ltd., The Himalaya Drug Company, Brihans Natural Products Ltd., Aloe Veda Personal Care, AloeVera India, Khadi Natural, Forest Essentials, Nature's Essence Pvt. Ltd., Fabindia, MSG All Trading International Pvt. Ltd., Bright Lifecare Pvt. Ltd., Rattan Organic Foods Pvt. Ltd., Nourish Vitals, etc.

Alternately, I will suggest you to install a processing unit to convert aloe vera leaves into value added products which I mentioned in my next paragraph. I would advise you to go for the second option as because your farm area will be in a very remote place .I do not have any idea the exact geographical location of your land. Where the logistic management can be smoothly controlled or not.

I will now discuss apropos economics of the project.You will get Rs.3.50 –Rs..4.00 per kg from selling of aloe vera leaves where as if your fund permits/bank loan against your land ,you should go for an aloe vera leave conversion unit from which you will get products like aloe vera pure juice (supplementary health drinks), aloe vera+amla juice,aloe vera+ jamon juice,aloe vera+ noni juice, aloe vera +bitter(karela) gour juice,aloe vear base body care products, skin care products, hair care products and various cosmetic grade items from aloe vera gel. You will get return of Rs,20.00 to Rs.30.00 per kg or liter

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALOE VERA LEAVE ARE PERISHABLE ITEM AND IT GETS DISINTEGRATED AFTER 36 HOURS OF CUTTING FROM THE GARDEN. SO, YOU ARE EITHER SELL IT WITHIN 36 HOURS OR TO CONVERT TO END PRODUCTS WITHIN 36 HOURS OF PLUCKING

Medical aloe vera plant Barbadensis is a Species cultivated for medical purpose products.There are standard specification formulated by ISI and easily available .

Finally, Please find below an approximate value of cost of cultivation .It will vary from 10-15% as per the site condition .This info. is forwarded apropos your request.

COST OF CULTIVATION PER ACRE

BASIS= 1 ACRE

PARTICULAR COST(Rs)

1.Land development cost 2000.00

2.Soil preparation 1000.00

3.Manuring 2000.00

4.Irrigation 1000.00

5.Farm maintenance 2000.00

6.Leave cutting cost 500.00

TOTAL 13,000.00

Labor cost 2000.00(may vary as per local rate)

GRAND TOTAL 15,000.00

Cost of Suckers-baby plant(sibling)…2000 nos/acre(6.00/pc) 1.20,000.00

(ONE TIME INVESTMENT)

You may please extend the dialogue if you deem it fit.

Cheers

Er.Alok Ranjan Dutta

B.E.(CHEMICAL);M.I.E.;P.G.D.M.M.;P.G.D.P.T.

CONSULTANT ENGINEER

80/2C,Sarsuna Main Road,Chatterjee Para,Sarsuna(Behala)

“Bina Bhawan”

Flat no.1,Block:B

Kolkata:700061,India

Whatsapp no.:93306 27195

Land Line: +91-033-24939727

+91-08335950049

+91-09163772225

alok212003@gmail.com

Facebook: alok.dutta.1675@facebook.com

alok212003

Dear Mr. Prabhakar

I am a chemical engineer providing my service as technical consultant .
So, if you want to avail of service in the following arenas ,please revert to me;

First of all please note that you will have 60-80 MT of aloe vera leave per acre per annum on the basis of

15-20 MT of aloe vera leave per acre per cut and you can have 3-4 cuts per year .

I will require the following info. apropos aloe vera cultivation to assess the viability and techno-economical analysis of your proposed project:

IN WHICH STATE YOUR LAND EXISTS AND HOW MANY ACRES OF LAND YOU HAVE FOR ALOE VERA FARMING.

1.The pH value of the land(It should preferably between 7 -9.5 pH)

2.Topographical position of the land (it should be high land to avoid water logging.)

3. Availability of water for irrigation (not much)

4. Approachable road and nearest high way distance from the farm

5.Rainfall during monsoon ,if the data available

6.Maximum and minimum ambient temperature(it should be around 10 degree C to 45 degree C under Indian climatic condition)

7.How many acres of land you have for aloe vera farming.

If you want my consultancy service for your proposed project, I will render you my service in the following arenas:

1. Assessment of land chemistry and topographical position

2.Selection of proper baby plant economically and technically viable .

3.Plotting

4.Pit formation

5.Land preparation

6. Channeling

7.Manuring

8.Irrigation

9.Cultivation

10. Cutting process of leaves

11. Preservation of leaves after cutting

12. Profitability and profit margin

13.Manpower requirement and cost.

14. Helping in arranging buy back/contract farming

.You may not be aware that soil quality for aloe vera plants cultivation you should be concerned with the following criteria as the production of aloe vera leave depend on land chemistry and it is to be considered judiciously as growth of aloe vera plants depends on majorly soil condition:

1.The soil should be semi arid, hard and not a marsh land. Sandy soil and soil are also aloe vera plantation friendly.

2.pH of the soil should be between 7-9.5 for better yield.

3.The entire land for cultivation should preferably in a single stress from logistic point of view.

4.The sun rays should be on the land most of the times of the day.

4.High land is to be selected to avoid water logging as roots of aloe vera plant is very much susceptible to water and it is rotten if it is under water constantly for few days

5.The high way is to be nearest to the land area for easy and quick transportation of aloe vera leaves to the consuming points as aloe vera leaves start rotting after 36 hours of cutting from the mother plants.

6.Approach road should be there to reach high way from the farm area.

7.It is advisable to avoid land having H.T. over head transmission line going over the land.

The above parameters to be kept in mind as productivity of aloe vera leave and yield of juice depend upon the soil condition.

I will now give you an idea about production pattern of aloe vera leaves .In normal condition, you will get 60-80 MT of aloe vera leaves per annum from 1 acre of aloe vera plantation. With 4 cuts per year.

Now you can have two options open before you. One is to sell this aloe vera leaves or converting whole or a part into value added aloe vera base products in processing unit.

Disposal of these huge quantity of aloe vera leaves will be tedious job on your part due to following reason:

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALOE VERA LEAVE ARE PERISHABLE ITEM AND IT GETS DISINTEGRATED AFTER 36 HOURS OF CUTTING FROM THE GARDEN. SO, YOU ARE EITHER SELL IT WITHIN 36 HOURS OR TO CONVERT TO END PRODUCTS WITHIN 36 HOURS OF PLUCKING.

So, either you are to sell the whole lot in the nearest market in any metro city or any commercial city nearest of your farm area or on buy back arrangement.But at the infant stage, I an afraid you won't get any party to come to an agreement with you as they desire to see that plants are physically there with good growth.They will initiate discussion when your aloe vera plants are grown-up and their age is around 5 to 6 months.I will definitely help you to reach to a prospective buyer

Now the question arises where and to whom you will sell leaves ? You can sell the same through B2B marketing, or through buy back arrangement/contract farming. For this you are to tie up with any of the big players in this field who have the capacity to lift this large quantity and having their facility near by your farm area. . But they will enter into a contractual agreement with only when your aloe vera plants are 4-5 months old. Please note that aloe vera leaves become matured after 8 months to cut from its mother plant. I will guide you how to reach the big players in aloe vera products and medical purpose intermediates manufacturers .

1.You should have a competent and experienced marketing team who are familiar with aloe vera base products and well conversant with International market

2.Quality products of international standard

3.Well organized livewire marketing team who can establish a good reputation of your company with very good demonstration and convincing quality

4.Through B2B marketing; taking membership of reputed servers like India mart, Exporters India, Agriculture information ,just dial, where n city, click India, EUROASIA , Euro consultants, click India, go4 U.S.A. market, Alibaba,,etc.

5. To show that you meet the specifications of buyers, you need to develop well-structured company and product information, including detailed technical data sheets.

Which are the target companies to get orders?

• Food & beverages, personal care, healthcare and other aloe vera product manufacturers
  • Food & beverages, personal care, healthcare and other aloe vera product suppliers
  • Organizations, forums and alliances related to aloe vera products
  • Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
  • Industry associations
  • Market research and consulting firms

In INDIA:Some of the major players operating in India aloe vera products market are Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Dabur India Ltd., Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Pvt. Ltd., The Himalaya Drug Company, Brihans Natural Products Ltd., Aloe Veda Personal Care, AloeVera India, Khadi Natural, Forest Essentials, Nature's Essence Pvt. Ltd., Fabindia, MSG All Trading International Pvt. Ltd., Bright Lifecare Pvt. Ltd., Rattan Organic Foods Pvt. Ltd., Nourish Vitals, etc.

Alternately, I will suggest you to install a processing unit to convert aloe vera leaves into value added products which I mentioned in my next paragraph. I would advise you to go for the second option as because your farm area will be in a very remote place .I do not have any idea the exact geographical location of your land. Where the logistic management can be smoothly controlled or not.

I will now discuss apropos economics of the project.You will get Rs.3.50 –Rs..4.00 per kg from selling of aloe vera leaves where as if your fund permits/bank loan against your land ,you should go for an aloe vera leave conversion unit from which you will get products like aloe vera pure juice (supplementary health drinks), aloe vera+amla juice,aloe vera+ jamon juice,aloe vera+ noni juice, aloe vera +bitter(karela) gour juice,aloe vear base body care products, skin care products, hair care products and various cosmetic grade items from aloe vera gel. You will get return of Rs,20.00 to Rs.30.00 per kg or liter

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALOE VERA LEAVE ARE PERISHABLE ITEM AND IT GETS DISINTEGRATED AFTER 36 HOURS OF CUTTING FROM THE GARDEN. SO, YOU ARE EITHER SELL IT WITHIN 36 HOURS OR TO CONVERT TO END PRODUCTS WITHIN 36 HOURS OF PLUCKING

Medical aloe vera plant Barbadensis is a Species cultivated for medical purpose products.There are standard specification formulated by ISI and easily available .

Finally, Please find below an approximate value of cost of cultivation .It will vary from 10-15% as per the site condition .This info. is forwarded apropos your request.

COST OF CULTIVATION PER ACRE

BASIS= 1 ACRE

PARTICULAR COST(Rs)

1.Land development cost 2000.00

2.Soil preparation 1000.00

3.Manuring 2000.00

4.Irrigation 1000.00

5.Farm maintenance 2000.00

6.Leave cutting cost 500.00

TOTAL 13,000.00

Labor cost 2000.00(may vary as per local rate)

GRAND TOTAL 15,000.00

Cost of Suckers-baby plant(sibling)…2000 nos/acre(6.00/pc) 1.20,000.00

(ONE TIME INVESTMENT)

You may please extend the dialogue if you deem it fit.

Cheers

Er.Alok Ranjan Dutta

B.E.(CHEMICAL);M.I.E.;P.G.D.M.M.;P.G.D.P.T.

CONSULTANT ENGINEER

80/2C,Sarsuna Main Road,Chatterjee Para,Sarsuna(Behala)

“Bina Bhawan”

Flat no.1,Block:B

Kolkata:700061,India

Whatsapp no.:93306 27195

Land Line: +91-033-24939727

+91-08335950049

+91-09163772225

alok212003@gmail.com

Facebook: alok.dutta.1675@facebook.com