Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Moving from IT to Farming Business, Need Guidance!!

Register

Click Here!

ganaya66

Hi All,

I have been working in IT industry for quite some time, now looking to get into Farming. Just taking Baby Steps to know more about Farming business.
My plan is to buy some cheaper land in Konkan Area and do as following :
1. Initially set up some plantation with quick returns like Aloe Vera. Just to survive with my Farming Decision.
2. Later slowly Setup a combine plantation(Around 10 acres) of Lemon, Amla, Mango & Coconuts for long term goals.
Also thinking of getting into LiveStock Farming if possible.

Anybody in this forum who had did this before ? Require your expert advice or any help regarding my plan would be highly appreciated.

If you have any land in Konkan and want to do something together, I would be interested.

Being a NonFarmer I guess have to get my Farmers Certificate first.

Thanks.

proudfarmer

Hi,

All the best with your decision.

For quick returns I think it would be better you go for mixed cultivation like free ranging chicks and in the land you can cultivate malayan dwarf coconut (they say we can start yields from 18 months, but I personally don't have experience in this as I have planted 10 of them just two months before in my land), lemon, pineapple etc. So that you can start getting income from six months onwards initially from chicks. But I would advice not to put a big money into it. Only tip-toeing is the best way so that if at all any loss occurs it would be in the manageable limit.

Hope this helps.

Dheeraj

Commercial plantation required good investment in land which will be benefited your grand children. Before selecting the crops, plants and products, find out a buyer for long term to assure the minimum profit. Being you are new, consult with Government agriculture experts near by you. In the mean time visit the web site and facebook for "Zero Budget Natural Farming" to know how we can make organic / natural farming without money and contact me for more clarification as free - cyemqatar@gmail.com

deepak singh

Hi All,

I have been working in IT industry for quite some time, now looking to get into Farming. Just taking Baby Steps to know more about Farming business.
1. Initially set up some plantation with quick returns like Aloe Vera. Just to survive with my Farming Decision.
2. Later slowly Setup a combine plantation(Around 10 acres) of Lemon, Amla, Mango & Coconuts for long term goals.

Anybody in this forum who had did this before ? Require your expert advice or any help regarding my plan would be highly appreciated.

If you have any land in Konkan and want to do something together, I would be interested.

Thanks.

Hi,
Sure, will love to join you.
My number is 9830047378
Email id: singh_deepak72@yahoo.com

ganaya66

Commercial plantation required good investment in land which will be benefited your grand children. Before selecting the crops, plants and products, find out a buyer for long term to assure the minimum profit. Being you are new, consult with Government agriculture experts near by you. In the mean time visit the web site and facebook for "Zero Budget Natural Farming" to know how we can make organic / natural farming without money and contact me for more clarification as free - cyemqatar@gmail.com
Dear Muraly Sir,

Im mostly interested in setting Plantations like Amla, Lemon and Jack Fruit. Also as other members suggested small Poultry Farm or Mud Crab farm if got enough water near my land.

deepak singh

Dear Deepak Ji,

Do you have any prior exp in Farming ? or you have any plantation idea in Mind, Im basically interested in Plantation of Amla, Lemon and Jackfruit.

No brother I don't have any kind of experience in the field of farming, But I am eager to start somewhere.

Hi All,

Thanks.
please call 9788182399 if you are really interested in doing agriculture practice without any loss

agarwood123

I am a Management Consultant & also from IT - presently managing a 35 Acre farm at South Kerala .
The place has integrated farming withlarge scale fish, agro, medicinal plants, herbs, poultry, ducks, livestock etc.
Enterprising guys can join us on an understanding & we can jointly develop the farm professionally and
to its full potential & generate good returns. If interested do send yr mobile no.
Hey pls contact me 8889615747