Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Marketing for polyhouse capsicum

Register

Click Here!

prada

Dear Farmers,

I am new to this field. I am soon going to start poyhouse for capsicum and other vegetables. I have 3 acre land in raigad disctrict, maharashtra.

I have few question :

1) I wanted to know how should I market/sell the capsicums produced in my polyhouse.

2) What should be the rate per kg I should get.

Please help me.

salil

shrushti

Shrushti hitech

capsicum has getting Rate Min Rs. 25 to Max Rs. 150 / Kg . in poly house mentain a good quality and high yield , it is a better decision for take acrop in poly house . for details email me - shrushti.hitech@gmail.com

prada

Dear Shrishti,

Thanks for a quick reply.

But, my main concern still remains.

How do we market/sell our polyhouse products. Also, are these rates given by direct vendors or market agents ?

salil

sri2012

Dear Farmers,

I am new to this field. I am soon going to start poyhouse for capsicum and other vegetables. I have 3 acre land in raigad disctrict, maharashtra.

I have few question :

1) I wanted to know how should I market/sell the capsicums produced in my polyhouse.

2) What should be the rate per kg I should get.

Please help me.

salil
1.Work out your logistics. Farmers dont deliver the crops to your doors. You will have to pick it fom thier place.
2. Plan for proper refrigeration during tranport. It needs 3 to 7 degree and can be kept for 2 weeks.
3.Seal the deal(only quantity not price) with your buyer even before you buy from farmer. other wise your shelf will be full of capsicum with no buyer.
4.You can export, which is a profitable business.( not advisable since you are beginner)
5.You can also just make logistics part. Buy from farmers and deliver it to exporters.