Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question INTEGRATED ORGANIC FARMING

Register

Click Here!

NEED GUIDANCE ON INTEGRATED ORGANIC FARMING ON A 10 ACRES LAND WITH POND NEAR JAMSHEDPUR, JHARKHAND.

Last edited by a moderator:

maitys

NEED GUIDANCE ON INTEGRATED ORGANIC FARMING ON A 10 ACRES LAND WITH POND NEAR JAMSHEDPUR, JHARKHAND.
Quality organic motherseed production of open polinated / heirloom ( Desi ) vegetables, herbs etc. and conservation of lesser known , underutilised medicinal plant and nursery .

maitys

Kindly illustrate/explain in detail. Pl.share more information on my contact .Thanks
I’m based in Netherlands , as researcher , can’t help you much , just guiding you with innovative , new gen agro ventures .
I guess you are not from agricultural background !
Mother seeds for propagation or planting purpose , are classified into 4 categories e.g. Heirloom , Open pollinated , Hybrid or Hi-yield or F-1/ F-2 and GMO
Open-pollination is when pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse . Can be seen greater amount of variation within plant populations, which allows plants to slowly adapt to local growing conditions and climate year-to-year. As long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.
Heirloom variety is a plant variety that has a history of being passed down within a family or community, similar to the generational sharing of heirloom jewelry or furniture.
An heirloom variety is also open-pollinated .
Both heirloom and open pollinated seeds are tagged in India as “ Desi Seed
Hybridization is a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. commercially available hybridized seed, often labeled as F1 , F-2 etc. . Hybridized seeds produced by F1/F-2 plants is genetically unstable and cannot be saved for use in following years.
Genetically Modified Organism ( GMO ) are created by human intervention in a laboratory. This is different than classical breeding (which can happen through pollinators or human intervention), as genes in GMOs are altered at a sub-molecular level that would not be possible in nature.
Hybrids varieties are typically not bred for taste. They are bred for uniformity, industrial-scale farming, high yield and good storage life. Hybrid populations are more vulnerable to diseases or changes in growing conditions.
In India most of the organic farmers prefers to use hybrid mother seeds ,and supports plant growth and yield with external bio-inputs .
Desi seeds diversity is growing market in India , but with time most of the desi varieties are lost or not available .
Some individuals and NGO’s are conserving the desi varieties seed in a small scale .
Only 2 companies are producing desi mother seeds in commercial level .
With growing trend of Organic Farm practices endless scope to get into desi mother seed producing activity .
Inbox you contact detail of a person whom you can interact for more details :

garao56

Please inform the local cropping pattern, crops propsed to be taken up and infrastrural facilties available on the farm and its location to enable us to suggest you to start organic farming .

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

success88

sir,

I am from Bangalore in C V Raman Nagar. Actually i like to work with nature. I have worked as a farm manager in overseas Malaysia about 15yeas.. Last year i was settled back in India. My passion is loving and working with nature.

I have interested to work and take care your coconut farm as well.. At the same time .. i kindly propose coming with some biz ideas. We can do some integrated farming (like medicinal herbs) with buy back guarantee. Also we can do implement new farming ideas like integrated farming (mushroom, biofloc fish, and country chicken etc.)

If you interested we can discuss more further.

premsudha

sir,

I am from Bangalore in C V Raman Nagar. Actually i like to work with nature. I have worked as a farm manager in overseas Malaysia about 15yeas.. Last year i was settled back in India. My passion is loving and working with nature.

I have interested to work and take care your coconut farm as well.. At the same time .. i kindly propose coming with some biz ideas. We can do some integrated farming (like medicinal herbs) with buy back guarantee. Also we can do implement new farming ideas like integrated farming (mushroom, biofloc fish, and country chicken etc.)

If you interested we can discuss more further.
Hi,
I am in Bangalore near DLF newtown. I want to start mushroom cultivation in a empty piece of land (1200 sq ft).I just want to get some idea of the integrated farming.Is it done in one place ?

garao56

Dear sir,

If at all going to start the unit , please approach us for project report for availing term loan from financial institutions.

G. Anandarao

success88

Hi,
I am in Bangalore near DLF newtown. I want to start mushroom cultivation in a empty piece of land (1200 sq ft).I just want to get some idea of the integrated farming.Is it done in one place ?
integrated farming means.. agri, fish, chicken, goat, cow... all in one place.. thats need minimum at least 1 acre.. but in your land can do with mushroom.. u can do biofloc fish farming.. its need small area...

garao56

If plenty of water is available , fish farming can be taken up on RAS ( Recirculatory aquaculture system) in small area. If you are firm in taking the integrated system of farming please approach us for project report.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

I’m based in Netherlands , as researcher , can’t help you much , just guiding you with innovative , new gen agro ventures .
I guess you are not from agricultural background !
Mother seeds for propagation or planting purpose , are classified into 4 categories e.g. Heirloom , Open pollinated , Hybrid or Hi-yield or F-1/ F-2 and GMO
Open-pollination is when pollination occurs by insect, bird, wind, humans, or other natural mechanisms. open-pollinated plants are more genetically diverse . Can be seen greater amount of variation within plant populations, which allows plants to slowly adapt to local growing conditions and climate year-to-year. As long as pollen is not shared between different varieties within the same species, then the seed produced will remain true-to-type year after year.
Heirloom variety is a plant variety that has a history of being passed down within a family or community, similar to the generational sharing of heirloom jewelry or furniture.
An heirloom variety is also open-pollinated .
Both heirloom and open pollinated seeds are tagged in India as “ Desi Seed
Hybridization is a controlled method of pollination in which the pollen of two different species or varieties is crossed by human intervention. commercially available hybridized seed, often labeled as F1 , F-2 etc. . Hybridized seeds produced by F1/F-2 plants is genetically unstable and cannot be saved for use in following years.
Genetically Modified Organism ( GMO ) are created by human intervention in a laboratory. This is different than classical breeding (which can happen through pollinators or human intervention), as genes in GMOs are altered at a sub-molecular level that would not be possible in nature.
Hybrids varieties are typically not bred for taste. They are bred for uniformity, industrial-scale farming, high yield and good storage life. Hybrid populations are more vulnerable to diseases or changes in growing conditions.
In India most of the organic farmers prefers to use hybrid mother seeds ,and supports plant growth and yield with external bio-inputs .
Desi seeds diversity is growing market in India , but with time most of the desi varieties are lost or not available .
Some individuals and NGO’s are conserving the desi varieties seed in a small scale .
Only 2 companies are producing desi mother seeds in commercial level .
With growing trend of Organic Farm practices endless scope to get into desi mother seed producing activity .
Inbox you contact detail of a person whom you can interact for more details :
Give the persons contact details. Thanks

amrafarms

Jharkand has some of the best provisions for Organic farming. Government support in the form of 30,000 Rs per hectare for organic farmers is just the beginning. So , Congratulations on choosing organic farming. All inclusive Organic farming is a great idea but requires more time and patience than money. Considering water scarcity in Jharkand, you need to pick your plants very carefully. Going wild on new trends is not always recommended for organic farmers. Find native plants which have a good market. Avoid hybrid products as you will come across diseases and pests which will require pesticide.

Start by making notes.

1. Plants you need to grow.
Plants are usually of 4-5 varieties. For organic farmers, its a good idea to use as much of the land as possible. Except for the land allocated for Paddy and Wheat or other grains, Start by planning out trees in the area. Fruit trees to be specific can start yielding after a few years. Mango gives a good yield after 5 years. Sapota / chikoo is a good option which requires little to no maintenance. They also have a good market.

Your second phase of plants can be annuals or bi-annuals. Plants like papaya are a good option and can be grown in Jharkand without much water facility.

The third phase is normal annuals and vegetables. These will provide you with enough income and help you with some amount through out the year when you dont have other sources. Think about chillies, Tomatoes , or ladys finger depending on the season. Adding melons is also a wonderful idea.

The last phase is the tubers. Yams usually grow in poros soil . If your soil is good and feasible for any yam or tubers, take advantage of growing tubers.

2. Fertilizers: Purchasing fertilizers for organic farms could be either expensive or risky. If you dont know the source of your fertilizer, you are risking inviting unknown pests into your farm. Chicken Waste brings in a long list of diseases and pests. Cow dung and goat dung usually are safe but its always good to be safer. Get your own cow , goat and chicken. Chickens are wonderful pest controllers and weed removers. Cow and goat can add to the income in the form of milk (though this should not be considered as a stream of income but a by product). Adding fish , since you already have a pond is a great source of income too.

3. Store water : Since you already have a pond, i think that part should not be a worry at all.

Patience. Its one of the few things no one teaches you. Let nature do your work. You can only do so much and you leave the rest to nature and god. Believe that it will all work out and trust nature. Nature does know how to take care of itself. Most importantly... Dont give up. Take it slow... take it steady. No one built rome in a day.

Jharkand has some of the best provisions for Organic farming. Government support in the form of 30,000 Rs per hectare for organic farmers is just the beginning. So , Congratulations on choosing organic farming. All inclusive Organic farming is a great idea but requires more time and patience than money. Considering water scarcity in Jharkand, you need to pick your plants very carefully. Going wild on new trends is not always recommended for organic farmers. Find native plants which have a good market. Avoid hybrid products as you will come across diseases and pests which will require pesticide.

Start by making notes.

1. Plants you need to grow.
Plants are usually of 4-5 varieties. For organic farmers, its a good idea to use as much of the land as possible. Except for the land allocated for Paddy and Wheat or other grains, Start by planning out trees in the area. Fruit trees to be specific can start yielding after a few years. Mango gives a good yield after 5 years. Sapota / chikoo is a good option which requires little to no maintenance. They also have a good market.

Your second phase of plants can be annuals or bi-annuals. Plants like papaya are a good option and can be grown in Jharkand without much water facility.

The third phase is normal annuals and vegetables. These will provide you with enough income and help you with some amount through out the year when you dont have other sources. Think about chillies, Tomatoes , or ladys finger depending on the season. Adding melons is also a wonderful idea.

The last phase is the tubers. Yams usually grow in poros soil . If your soil is good and feasible for any yam or tubers, take advantage of growing tubers.

2. Fertilizers: Purchasing fertilizers for organic farms could be either expensive or risky. If you dont know the source of your fertilizer, you are risking inviting unknown pests into your farm. Chicken Waste brings in a long list of diseases and pests. Cow dung and goat dung usually are safe but its always good to be safer. Get your own cow , goat and chicken. Chickens are wonderful pest controllers and weed removers. Cow and goat can add to the income in the form of milk (though this should not be considered as a stream of income but a by product). Adding fish , since you already have a pond is a great source of income too.

3. Store water : Since you already have a pond, i think that part should not be a worry at all.

Patience. Its one of the few things no one teaches you. Let nature do your work. You can only do so much and you leave the rest to nature and god. Believe that it will all work out and trust nature. Nature does know how to take care of itself. Most importantly... Dont give up. Take it slow... take it steady. No one built rome in a day.
Sir
Thank you so much, for advising as well as enriching me and also for your kind words.
It seems you are based in eastern India or Jharkhand if I m not mistaken.
However, I wish to talk to you personally over phone ,if you could share your contact details.
Thank you,with best regards

garao56

If you are intending to avail any term loan from bank fro farm development please contact us for project report

G.Anandarao B,Sc(Ag)

sanjay_thorat

I would be interested in this.... I have agricultural land in Solapur district... Maharashtra.... need further information on this... can reach me

garao56

Please contact us for any clarification

G.Anandarao

gosampada

If you are intending to avail any term loan from bank fro farm development please contact us for project report

G.Anandarao B,Sc(Ag)
We want to setup a 60-100 Acres of Moringa farming in North India around Delhi.
Can you advise if it is feasible, and if yes, then the cost of making a Project report.