Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

I'm from IT industry. But want to do farming. Your suggestions??

Register

Click Here!

gopi_tn

Hello everyone,

I live in tambaram, chennai and have completed Engineering in Electronics & Communication in Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai. I am working in an IT industry for the past 8 months. But I am very much interested in farming and I am actually from the agriculture background. We have land in Irungur, near arani which is in thiruvannamalai district. My father is also encouraging me to do some farming business. But I dont know how to start and where to start with. I hope you understand my situation clearly. So help me what to do. Also I would like to start with small investment and later if I get more confident, I will invest more and more. Please give me your suggestion and feedback on my step towards agriculture.
Looking for more valuable comments from you to this start.
Please help me in all the way.

shivayazhi

Hi Gopi

am shiva from Avadi nice to hear your v'son good we are also yet to start dairy forming from 25 cattle's to 100 cattle's near from Chennai, we reqd minimam 20 acre land for lease or JV .. we are going through bank loan,
i hope u can also join with us..

regards
shiva

Last edited by a moderator:

saima

Farming suggestions

Dear Goppi,

I am just trying to control my angst after reading your post. Dear you are from farming community who have grown up to a technical qualification and still you need suggestions for farming. Neither you have outlined which sort of farming you want to do and need suggestions. When your father who is himself encouraging you to do farming, then what suggestions you need. Since you are technically qualified, you will also know that what ever activity you want to indulge in, you need to survey the market and see feasibility of profits. You have to go with proper planning with whatever activity you want to start with including survey and availability of that produce in the market. I suggest cash crops like chilly, or vegetable farm which is never ending requirement of the country.

Wish you best of luck.

sargam08

dairy farming

dear friend i think you should start dairy farm with the help of dairy development board of your state.

basha100

Please check this thread: Check all pages

Hi,

Please check all pages of this thread. It has more info may be useful to u.

Regards
future farmer

ngopa2009

DEAR FRIEND,
I am at tambram Seliayur if you can meet me i will guide and help you mail
Gopakumar