Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Hydroponic fodder farm establishment

Register

Click Here!

Ashwini

Hi

Cattle and Horse enjoy eating hydrponically grown palatable, nutritious barley fodder

"Hydro Fodder Farm" produces its own electricity so it can promote livestock and dairy production in remote, rural areas.

Hydroponically grown fodder has high moisture content which helps avoid horse's death due to colic.

Hydroponically grown fodder is dust free, which reduces risk, and helps prevent and cure respiratory disease.

In this greenhouse only 2 to 3 litre of water are required to produce 1 kg. of green grass whereas conventional methods require an average of 80 litre water to produce the same quantity.

This 1000 kg. Capacity greenhouse of 300 sq. ft. produces 365000 kg fresh green fodder per year, which is equivalent of 25 acres of grass field.

Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India
Member's Photo

Re: Hydroponic Fodder

Hydroponic Fodder is new concept for foder production especially in western countries.As far as my openion ,i felt that we have enough land as well as enough sunlight than western countries.So our focus should be on growing advance varieties of fodder varieties recommended by various research institutes in different localities.See,we have perennial & seasonal fodder varieties eg.Haybrid Napier- RBN-13 which now recommened nationally is perennial cereal fodder crop & RLS-88 Lucerne is perennial leguminous fodder crop.So the aspect of fodder production through suitable cultivation system should be focused first than the costlier systems ,may be which are not suitable in our climate.
If you need expert advice,please contact at following addresses of Krishi Vigyan Kendra where experts of animal/veterinary sciences or agronomist will give opinions on hydroponic fodder systems.

Regards
Ashwini

Last edited by a moderator:

vishwakarma

Can anyone please help me out in establishing hydroponic fodder farm
Dear Sir,

We can offer start to end, one stop solution / products / services required for establishing hydroponic fodder farm.

Growing hydroponic fodder is the integral part of our Green House - Dairy Integrated Project

Please send your contact details like email ID / Mobile no., by sending private message.

Regards

MRC

aman303

what is the cost of establishing 1000 kg. Capacity greenhouse of 300 sq. ft. which produces 365000 kg fresh green fodder per year.

Aman

vishwakarma

what is the cost of establishing 1000 kg. Capacity greenhouse of 300 sq. ft. which produces 365000 kg fresh green fodder per year.

Aman
Hello,

Please send your contact details like email ID / Mobile no., by sending private message.

We can discuss about project development details by email

Regards

MRC

vishwagubbi

Hydroponically produced fodder provides only 15%of dry matter
each milking cow ~requires 30kg of dry matter
but in 30kg of hydroponiclly grow grass fodder only u have 4.5 of dry matter
u can only uses this as extra feed to increase ur milk production or increse ur meat production but u canot replace whole of the dry matter by the Hydroponically produced fodder

its ease to grow the fodder by urself , but be careful of fungal formation,
make shade house,and make racks with some wood with slightly slant at one side,take 2feet x 2 feet trays and make 10 to 12 holes of 3mm , wet the grain for 6 to 8 hrs in water with 4to5 drops of hydrogen peroxide in water, remove the grain and spread in the tray thickly without any visable place in tray , water the tray 2 to 3 times a day, important thing is drainage should be proper in the tray if not fungal formation takes place,
with in 6 days u will get 6 inch green grass ready to harvest to ur cattle .
caution:dont use grass with bad smell its symbolies fungal growth it make kill ur cattle

Last edited:

maruthidairy

Hi

Cattle and Horse enjoy eating hydrponically grown palatable, nutritious barley fodder

"Hydro Fodder Farm" produces its own electricity so it can promote livestock and dairy production in remote, rural areas.

Hydroponically grown fodder has high moisture content which helps avoid horse's death due to colic.

Hydroponically grown fodder is dust free, which reduces risk, and helps prevent and cure respiratory disease.

In this greenhouse only 2 to 3 litre of water are required to produce 1 kg. of green grass whereas conventional methods require an average of 80 litre water to produce the same quantity.

This 1000 kg. Capacity greenhouse of 300 sq. ft. produces 365000 kg fresh green fodder per year, which is equivalent of 25 acres of grass field.

Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India
Member's Photo

Hydroponic Fodder is new concept for foder production especially in western countries.As far as my openion ,i felt that we have enough land as well as enough sunlight than western countries.So our focus should be on growing advance varieties of fodder varieties recommended by various research institutes in different localities.See,we have perennial & seasonal fodder varieties eg.Haybrid Napier- RBN-13 which now recommened nationally is perennial cereal fodder crop & RLS-88 Lucerne is perennial leguminous fodder crop.So the aspect of fodder production through suitable cultivation system should be focused first than the costlier systems ,may be which are not suitable in our climate.
If you need expert advice,please contact at following addresses of Krishi Vigyan Kendra where experts of animal/veterinary sciences or agronomist will give opinions on hydroponic fodder systems.

Regards
Ashwini
Dear sir,

I was very happy to see your postings for the quiries. Realy you share the knowledge and experiences realistically and in very classic. I can't explain in words how much it values for the people like us, curious about certain matters and not getting answers from any where else.

I do agree, our nation is having plenty of land and sunlight. But, very sadly double than that there are lackness in peoples attitude in following matters:
1.geting committed , loyal farm labourers even after taking care of them in all aspects.
2. Attitude of our farmers considering the green fodder growing as equally to any commercial crops.
3. land mafia ,this is the issue going to eat slowly our nation economy in future. Because, even it is extending its arms to villages level and all farmers are giving up lands to the people, who are investing money to hide , convert and for easy expectations by fencing ,planting nilgiris, survey pole trees,teak,silveroak trees, etc.,
4.Finally , the departments like Krishi vignan kendra, dairy technology institute n training institutes are pyaralised ,absolute and reached to no use and not worthy stage. May be few genuine staff must be their but they are discouraged, disguss and not coming to light and covered under dust.
5.Actually, in last national dairy conference, all were talking about hyginic milk production, increasing of milking per cow, cow health etc., but no one is addressed how it should be from the cow shed level.
6. I strongly feel, to-day a persons who want to set up genuinely a good professional, mechanised, small scale dairy farming is dream in our nation, because of non availability of realistic sources, qualitative solutions,eye washing public programmes,in-effecient public services like power etc.,
so, still dont u feel we need realistic,actual good and advanced practices before ending i want to quote one instance/fact i.e. to-day u search any items(whatever it is) u will get 100 varieties/optional quote from china but not from our nation. How we can expect a former can import his requisites from china or any other available countries.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju
Please contact..

ghanashyam

can you please contact me. i am verymuch intrested to start this hydroponic fodder for 100 dairy animal. my contact number

pravbala

Hydro fodder Cost

Hi

Baramati, Pune Dist
Maharashtra
India
Member's Photo

Regards
Ashwini
Hi Ashwini,
I would like to know more about setting up of hydro fodder , its cost, companies supplying hydro fodder equipments
Mail me at

saravana_1981

hydroponic fodder in india

Hi,

I like to know the hydroponic fodder in india. we are abt to start dairy farm with 10 cows.

letme know the cast and other details
Thank

smy82482

hydroponic fodder

The cost of hydroponics machine that produces 120kg of green fodder daily is very high.(7lakh rupees)
Also it requires 18kg of seeds daily and 24 hrs of electric supply(4-5 units daily).Thus the cost of fodder is in turn of money and energy.Its not profitable for small farmers.

With regards,
dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.20m.com

vertical

Not 7 lac

The cost of hydroponics machine that produces 120kg of green fodder daily is very high.(7lakh rupees)
Also it requires 18kg of seeds daily and 24 hrs of electric supply(4-5 units daily).Thus the cost of fodder is in turn of money and energy.Its not profitable for small farmers.

With regards,
dr.Shaikh
we provide you the best osmanabadi goats at reasonable prices
I am sorry the information what u have mentioned is wrong, the fodder production system GF 120 which can produce 120kg green fodder per day is only 3.75 lac and which runs on Solar power and your production cost will be at Rs.2.00 per kg ,I guess a small farmer who does not have 1 acre of land to produce enough green fodder for there small diary farm of 6 milking cow unit should be fine with this system, and if u look like other reason why i feel this system should be viable because the dry food quantity consumption also reduces .Labor cost for cutting the green fodder and maintenance is zeroed ,increase in milk production, clean and dust free, highly nutritious green fodder which is been a dream for all cows in India ;)

Subsidy may available up to the 50 % of cost on Solar & wind power
20% subsidy is available from NHB

If i am looking at stall fed farm i feel this is the best way because i can have the 6 unit diary farm in almost 3000 squire feet.

600 squire feet cow shed with cooling system .
bio gas unit (cost Rs.5000)
Vermi compost unit almost same price of Bio gas unit
Azolla unit 80squire feet each unit(6 units for 6 cows, produce almost 750 gms per day each units )
Auto milking unit
store room for medicine and concentrate food.

I guess this should make a perfect small size diary farm which can produce 25000 litters of milk per year(15 litter per cow for 280 days per year *6)
24 commercial size bio gas cylinder per year
43000 KG vermi compost per year.

If i am wrong any where pls correct.

We are manufacturer of Greentech Organic Hydroponics systems, which is an ultimate solution for production of quality feed and fodder, under water shortages, drought and adverse climatic conditions with minimum in-put cost round the year.
Presently, we have developed Maize fodder production unit, with unique features which can significantly reduces the production cost of green fodder as compare to conventional production techniques. Feel free to ask about any further information and clarification.

Regards
Manan Patel

isabgol

Lucene Seed supplier

Hi Ashwini,
I would like to know more about setting up of hydro fodder , its cost, companies supplying hydro fodder equipments
Mail me at

Hi Everybody

Greeting for the day!!

We would like to take the opportunity & glad to introduce ourselves, Shree Vinayak Enterprise a leading Cultivator, Supplier & Exporter of Lucerne Seed(Alfalfa seed) in India.

Shree Vinayak Enterprise was incorporated aiming to supply Lucerne Grass Seed throughout the worldwide. Today we are supplying superior quality, weed free of Lucerne Seed for Hay cultivation, Horse, Cow, Buffalo,Goat, Rabbit & many other cattle's Feed cultivation as well as pharmaceutical formulation for domestic market as well as global Market.

USP: Cuscuta Free Lucerne Seed

Temperature for Sowing: below 32°c

We can supply you Lucerne Grass seed as per your requirement.Kindly let me know your detail requirement.

Packaging available : 5 kg, 10 Kg & 25 kg

If you need any more information please feel free to call or write us.

Waiting for your valuable feedback.

Last edited:

hydronut

Hydroponic Fodder production

Dear All,

Green fodder production throughout year does not means only to produce or cultivate high yielding fodder variety but also maintain balance between these things like succulent fodder & dry fodder, Protein rich & energy rich quality fodder, Dry & concentrate, Fresh fodder & silage as well as manage all things given above with superiority.

Many times, if area under fodder is assumed for fodder production then things happen like sometimes there may be low fodder yield (causes scarcity of fodder) or high fodder yield (Causes wastage of green fodder).
To avoid circumstances of fodder scarcity or low yield or wastage of fodder, following things have great concern-
1) Planning of fodder with concern to high yield than assumption.
2) To avoid scarcity of fodder, plan for storage of fodder in emergent situation like storage of dry fodder & making silage of green fodder.
3) It is fact that there may be ups & downs in fodder production in rain fed system.

We at Plant Genome Sciences are here to help you grow nutritious fodder for your animals hydroponically using very less space, water, labour and energy. To know more about this, please write to us at info@plantgenomesciences.com

Thanks.

saravana_1981

We are manufacturer of Greentech Organic Hydroponics systems, which is an ultimate solution for production of quality feed and fodder, under water shortages, drought and adverse climatic conditions with minimum in-put cost round the year.
Presently, we have developed Maize fodder production unit, with unique features which can significantly reduces the production cost of green fodder as compare to conventional production techniques. Feel free to ask about any further information and clarification.

GreenTech

Regards
Manan Patel

Hi Manan Patel ,

We need Hydroponics fodder for 10 cows, please call us for more info

Thank,

sourabh1

please do mail me in my address
kindly provide the solution regarding hydroponic fodder farm
*cost
*method
*company
*implementation