Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Guideline for teak plantation

Register

Click Here!

nikhilt099

Hello sir ,
Can any one help me for teak plantation .

1. From where I'll get plants
2. What time requires for growth of these plants
3. Cost of baby plants
4. Cost of plants during selling . Ko

Please reply me as soon as possible .
Thank you.

Nikhil tiwari
Shahdol district
Madhya Pradesh

sampadafarms

Dear Mr. Nikhil

1. Teak plants available in the form of seedlings, RS (Root Stump) plants and Tissue Culture. Prefer Tissue Culture. You google for MOTHER BIOTECH, BENGALURE for worlds best teak plants. talk to them. visit them and then take a decesion
  2. It will take 20 yers plus to get market accepatble quality. The girth of the tree should be not less than 4 feet at GBH
  3. It ranges from FREE to Rs.300/-
  4. It depends upon the how many cubic feet of good timber available from a tree. In general buyers pay you for tree. You can expect one fifth 1/5th of cubic feet market price. If the cubict feet is Rs.2,000/- in the market, you can expect Rs.400/- for cubic feet. if the tree gives ten cubic feet you can expect Rs.4,000/- In general a a well grown tree gives 18 -30 cubic feet.
Regards
Raghu Ram
Sampada Farms & Consultants

veerakart

Dear Mr. Nikhil

1. Teak plants available in the form of seedlings, RS (Root Stump) plants and Tissue Culture. Prefer Tissue Culture. You google for MOTHER BIOTECH, BENGALURE for worlds best teak plants. talk to them. visit them and then take a decesion
  2. It will take 20 yers plus to get market accepatble quality. The girth of the tree should be not less than 4 feet at GBH
  3. It ranges from FREE to Rs.300/-
  4. It depends upon the how many cubic feet of good timber available from a tree. In general buyers pay you for tree. You can expect one fifth 1/5th of cubic feet market price. If the cubict feet is Rs.2,000/- in the market, you can expect Rs.400/- for cubic feet. if the tree gives ten cubic feet you can expect Rs.4,000/- In general a a well grown tree gives 18 -30 cubic feet.
Regards
Raghu Ram
Sampada Farms & Consultants
Contact me for teak plants, I am from Tamilnadu and supply teak plants all over India

Last edited by a moderator:

mayuka

Hi,
I am Farmer from Satara Maharashtra I have planted 1000 Sagwan plants 3.5 years before. If any detail information, please reply here I will definitely transfer my experience.

garao56

Dear Sri Nikhil, first of all inquire with the Forest Department ,Nursery in your state , you will be able to get teak root cuttings at cheaper cost. You have to wait 20 years for getting yield and income. If you are having assured income please go for teak plantations.

Other wise take up Kamar variety of plantations (soft wood type tree) which will be coming within 15 years . Please plan for getting income every 7 to 15 years by planting poplar, Kamar, teak in different extents in 20 acres.

Take up medicinal plants in between the forest plants by getting organic certification for your land for export purpose.