Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Gherkins

Register

Click Here!

rameshsuru

we are doing sowings in summer season,the cucumbers coming from that sowing becoming soft after putting into vinegar.What may be the reason,is it due to sowings in may month?

Ramesh

anil1956

gherkin

Dear Ramesh,

are u grower or processor, if it is processing problem why cant you check with your processing incharge.
If no answer comes out pl. let me know we would help you out after a detailed system audit both from field and process unit.
inform your location

anil patil

we are doing sowings in summer season,the cucumbers coming from that sowing becoming soft after putting into vinegar.What may be the reason,is it due to sowings in may month?

Ramesh

swaroopbiomol

ramesh u r processor?
i was in gherkin field n processing for long period.now im planning to start processing unit this year.i'm looking for good working hand with me.need not to worry about investment.
for your problem do u add calcium chloride in right proportion?
please check with it
if ther problem with color also then check whether u r adding ordinary salt ot iodised salt?
it may be due to shortage of water also in field.
with regards,
swaroop reddy

Last edited by a moderator:

rameshsuru

ramesh u r processor?
i was in gherkin field n processing for long period.now im planning to start processing unit this year.i'm looking for good working hand with me.need not to worry about investment.
for your problem do u add calcium chloride in right proportion?
please check with it
if ther problem with color also then check whether u r adding ordinary salt ot iodised salt?
it may be due to shortage of water also in field.
with regards,
swaroop reddy
Good day.

Sure Iam ready to work with you.

Yes we are maintaining 3200 ppm of Calcium chloride in cover brine and we are using sea salt,its not iodized one.I think reason may be the water shortage in field, because we don't have any auditors in fields.Thanks for the information.

Thanks and Regards
Ramesh

swaroopbiomol

shortage of water in the field is the main problem mr.ramesh.especially in the month of may there is scarcity of water and power so turbidity decreases n dermis gets lose from mesocorp.Even our farmers r clever n anyhow they will get fixed price n in last they will make sit owl on our head.
they wont concentrate on field much in these months since its land preparation and sowing season for rainfed crops.
there are so many reasons if we go on follow.
with regards,
swaroop reddy

sarathyseshadri

shortage of water in the field is the main problem mr.ramesh.especially in the month of may there is scarcity of water and power so turbidity decreases n dermis gets lose from mesocorp.Even our farmers r clever n anyhow they will get fixed price n in last they will make sit owl on our head.
they wont concentrate on field much in these months since its land preparation and sowing season for rainfed crops.
there are so many reasons if we go on follow.
with regards,
swaroop reddy
Also check whether the colour changes after processing. and how long does it take for the greens to go in to cover liquid after harvest? is there grade wise difference? Quite true it could be because of lack of water during these months.