Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Farmers group for effective marketing and better price

Register

Click Here!

creativemandar

Dear Friends,

I wish to form a group of progress oriented farmers from Thane and Raigad district. As there is a vast market in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane, With the help of direct marketing from Farmer to Customer we can earn more and even help our customers with quality goods. Please feel free to email me to farm.ecosystems@gmail.com or call me on 9820333573 for further details.

Thanks and regards,

Mandar

shabhava

Farmers group for effective marketing and better price.

Hi. see this in face book: FARMERS FORUM : https://www.facebook.com/groups/111960145635430/?notif_t=group_r2j

Dear Friends,

I wish to form a group of progress oriented farmers from Thane and Raigad district. As there is a vast market in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane, With the help of direct marketing from Farmer to Customer we can earn more and even help our customers with quality goods. Please feel free to email me to farm.ecosystems@gmail.com or call me on 9820333573 for further details.

Thanks and regards,

Mandar

taip

Dear Mandar,

I fully endorse your thoughts and concept of farmers selling directly to the consumers.

This method was tried and tested in Sri Lanka where I live, and I too was involved, the
experience gained will be worth to share with you and our farmers friends.

Farmers mainly encountered Transportation problem to move their product to a particular
market, secondly their poor knowledge and incapableof displaying and marketing swiftly
when customers rush in, also availability of electronic scales and prompt billing and receiving
cash/giving balances etc.

In most of the time the farmers will be fully occupied in their farm or fields resulting the
marketing job being entrusted to someone else, besides the dealers who sells farm products
generally on commission or consignment basis which they receive from Districts in the early
hours each day is properly organized and sell on credit basis to many regular customers.

To uphold your concept, please think 'out-of-box- and work out a mechanism which
will become a reality, feasible and truly beneficial change to all farmers

Naheer Taip
Sri Lanka organic_plannet@yahoo.com

creativemandar

Thanks Shabhava for a useful link... I am looking for like minded farmers from Thane, Raigad, Pune and Nashik of Maharashtra to save the food miles too...

Regards,

Mandar

creativemandar

Thanks taip for your inputs. It's very important for any good initiative to consider all the possible challenges in advance... I will surely consider the points you have suggested before moving further...

Regards,

Mandar