Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Do you think Dairy Farming Profitable?..check out

Register

Click Here!

aakashchaudhary

Dear Sir can you please share your contact details ?

Dear Mr. subbareddy & Kiran,

Thank you for your kind words.

Please note that in a 100 animal farm all the animals are not milking & the cycle is maintained in such a way that around 60% of the animals are always milking.

As a result you will have a a continuous & constant supply of milk for sale.

The animals in this case are giving around 15-20 litres of milk on an average & as such the calculation shows 1000 litres /day.

For a newcomer it is always wiser to start with a low yielding animal as he is not experienced however he can gradually increase the average milk yield.
( Or it will be like a fellow who does not even know how to drive a car PROPERLY wants to enter the RACE with a Ferrari & inends to Win too).

Once again I will request you all to please do call me ANYTIME ( 24 X 7 ) so that I can explain dairy farming in precise details very easily & sytematically. You may find my number on linkedin or any of the Replies in Blogs.

Dairy farming is not at a subject to be discussed on Mails.

Dr.Chandrakiran N.Sant
Dairy Advisor
(Cattle Nutrition & Management)[

cowboys

Hello Sir,

Kindly send me your contact number. Then i can contact you for the best suggestion.

With regards,

Srinath

arunshah124

Dr. Sant,
Hello,
I am planning to start a dairy farm, please share your valuable knowledge & your contact no.

Thank You.

aksharambs

Dear All,

Get consultation for your dairy (Milk Processing Unit) and dairy Farming queries- One Stop Complete Dairy Solution

Initial Consulting – Business Modelling
Business Plans /Project Report – Dairy Farm
Company Registration
Land Selection Assistance
Shed Design
Assisted Animal Buying Program
Assisted Machinery Buying Program

and Many more ...

Please contact us to start your dairy Farm.

Meticulous Business Solutions
Mr. Yogesh - Food & Agri Business Consultant
+91 992 167 1369
yogesh@meticulousbizsol.com

Thanks & Regards,
Akshara Deshmane
info@meticulousbizsol.com

aksharambs

Dairy Farm - Project Set Up Consultation

Dear All,

We can provide consultation to project size of 20 animals to 1000 animals.

Get consultation for your dairy (Milk Processing Unit) and dairy Farming queries- One Stop Complete Dairy Solution

Company Registration
Shed Design

and Many more ...

Please contact us to start your dairy Farm.

Meticulous Business Solutions
+91 992 167 1369

Thanks & Regards,
Akshara Deshmane
info@meticulousbizsol.com

devraj2783

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for initiating this blog for spreading information related to dairy farming.

I am an healthcare management professional at present and I along with other friends are thinking of opening a commercial dairy farm with immediate objective of selling raw milk to bigger milk collection centers.

I am from Uttar Pradesh and I have more than 5 acres of irrigated land in my name and 3 acres of land in the name of my friend with whom I want to start this business. Apart from this my brother have 5 acres irrigated land aswell. Above to this we also have around 2 acres land where we have mango trees. So land would not be an issue for fodder cultivation and we are also planning for hydroponic fodder at the farm. Below are my wish list for initiating dairy farming:

We wish to register a Private Limited company for this purpose
Want to start commercial dairy farm equipped with modern techniques with 100 murrah graded buffaloes and thereafter add 100 more in the herd every year till first five years.
I have only Rs. 15 lacs with with us that we can pump in as capital to our proposed dairy company.
In our area there is more than enough irrigated land that is available on lease @ Rs. 6000 per year.
Cost of labour is also cheap i.e. @ Rs. 5000/month
We had been calculating for upfront capital investment and it’s coming close to Rs. 1.25 to 1.5 Crores. This include cost of purchase of live stock along with insurance, required equipment for milking and storage, construction of shed, bio-gas plant, generator, one tractor for farming, borewell, water storage tanks, plumbing and sewage facility, electric lines, DG Set, setup for growing hydroponic fodder, salaries of staffs including full-time veterinary doctor, purchase of initial fodder etc.

We are afraid if there is any way of getting loan of this magnitude. As per your blog, bank can lend up-to 25 lacs only which I perceive is not enough to setup commercial dairy business.

We have also calculated the revenue and we are pretty sure of break-even in 3 years and 2 months.

Can you please guide me how to go about for getting a loan more than a crore.

Thanking you

Warm Regards

Devraj Singh Bhadauria
Sr. Consultant / Sr. Manager - P&C Div.
Medica Synergie Pvt. Ltd.
Kolkata - 700075

biswal99

Thanks for your Information

Dairy Farming is a business in which most attention has to be given on Feeding & Management. This particular aspect has been overlooked & neglected by most of the people entering into Dairy Business.

Unfortunately most of the people as well as consultants (of course, more than 99.99% are from Dairy Processing side & others : Theoretical experts from reading on google.com) place too much importance on climate, housing & shed construction.

It should be noted by entrepreneurs that hardly one in million Dairy farmers use computers & as such no realistic information on ( Indian) Dairy farming is available on NET nor the subject can be discussed on mails.

Lets understand the simple basics:

* No business breaks even in 1st year. It usually takes 4-5 years. However in dairy farming we can start earning from Day one since we always buy cows in milking.

* The approximate investment for 100 cow farm is around 1 Lac per animal (amounting to 1 CRORE) which can roughly be divided into cost of animal, cost of construction & cost of Machinery. It has to be kept in mind that this cost is Only ONCE & gets depreciated over a period to ZERO.

* The major cost then is daily recurring cost of (balanced) Feed & labour that too labour cost is fixed for ONE year at least. However the cost of feeding changes daily depending upon the ingredients used.

* Today this (Feeding & labour) cost will not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per day in any part of India. At the same time this 100 cow farm will yield minimum 1000 litres per day which can easily be sold @ Rs. 25,000/- giving us a clear profit of Rs. 5000/- per day not to mention the cow dung which will be minimum 1500 kgs & is being sold @ Re. 1/- per Kg. (The milk can be sold easily for Rs. 25/- as it is with high fat & not TONED down )

This clearly shows a 100 cow farm will fetch Rs. 6,500/- per day which is more than 23 lacs per year.

With good manufacturing practices & a Standard Operating Procedure we can easily reduce the daily costs of Feeding by Rs. 2 - 4000/- which can give us additional profit of minimum 7 Lacs per year.

Please feel free to call me ANYTIME to discuss this in detail.

Explaining is much easier than writing. No mails please.

Dr.Chandrakiran Sant
(Dairy Advisor)
Cattle Nutrition & Management

Hello Sir,

This is Umashankar and staying in Hyderabad . i want to start a diary farm in my home town (Odisha)

Could you please send me your number . Or You can give me a text message to my cell. 9985733194

Thanks in advance .

Regards,
Umashankar

ashoksijahta

Start up of Commercial Dairy Farming

Dear Sir,

I am an Engg. Geologist and initially belongs to a farmer family with close watch of daily cattle interaction since childhood. Now I wish to start my own commercial dairy farm with initial 40 quality breed cattle's (20 Cow's & 20 Buffalo's).

Request to provide your advice, suggestions and experience to setup the same.

Regards,
Ashok

Dairy Farming is a business in which most attention has to be given on Feeding & Management. This particular aspect has been overlooked & neglected by most of the people entering into Dairy Business.

Unfortunately most of the people as well as consultants (of course, more than 99.99% are from Dairy Processing side & others : Theoretical experts from reading on google.com) place too much importance on climate, housing & shed construction.

It should be noted by entrepreneurs that hardly one in million Dairy farmers use computers & as such no realistic information on ( Indian) Dairy farming is available on NET nor the subject can be discussed on mails.

* No business breaks even in 1st year. It usually takes 4-5 years. However in dairy farming we can start earning from Day one since we always buy cows in milking.

* The approximate investment for 100 cow farm is around 1 Lac per animal (amounting to 1 CRORE) which can roughly be divided into cost of animal, cost of construction & cost of Machinery. It has to be kept in mind that this cost is Only ONCE & gets depreciated over a period to ZERO.

* The major cost then is daily recurring cost of (balanced) Feed & labour that too labour cost is fixed for ONE year at least. However the cost of feeding changes daily depending upon the ingredients used.

* Today this (Feeding & labour) cost will not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per day in any part of India. At the same time this 100 cow farm will yield minimum 1000 litres per day which can easily be sold @ Rs. 25,000/- giving us a clear profit of Rs. 5000/- per day not to mention the cow dung which will be minimum 1500 kgs & is being sold @ Re. 1/- per Kg. (The milk can be sold easily for Rs. 25/- as it is with high fat & not TONED down )

This clearly shows a 100 cow farm will fetch Rs. 6,500/- per day which is more than 23 lacs per year.

With good manufacturing practices & a Standard Operating Procedure we can easily reduce the daily costs of Feeding by Rs. 2 - 4000/- which can give us additional profit of minimum 7 Lacs per year.

Dr.Chandrakiran Sant
(Dairy Advisor)

mantishugo

Before going into organic juice supplying industry I thought to do dairy farming. But as mentioned in this thread also, it is not so profitable business. So, I skipped this idea. Thank you for this informative thread.

aksharambs

Dear,

We are start-up business consulting company, we surely can help you built your dream business.

Get consultation for your dairy Farming queries- One Stop Complete Dairy Solution

Company Registration
Shed Design

and Many more ...

If interested you can call our expert.
Meticulous Business Solutions Private Limited.
+91 992 167 1369

aksharambs

Dear,

We are start-up business consulting company, we surely can help you built your dream business.

Get consultation for your dairy Farming queries- One Stop Complete Dairy Solution

Company Registration
Shed Design

and Many more ...

If interested you can call our expert.
Meticulous Business Solutions Private Limited.
+91 992 167 1369

venkat venky

dairy farming

Dear sir,
if i plan to get a good breed of cow which is yeilding good milk still will i be not earning profit. is thier seasonality with cows in yeilding milk.
regards
venkat
Dear aspirants of Dairy Farm

After deatiled study on theroy & practicals in the filed of Dairy Farm, I could say that many times commercial dairy farming is not profitable bcoz (1)cost of cattle yielding 10L (including transportation) is more than 55000.(2)for every 10 animals u need one manpower costing morethan 5000/month (3) Feeding cost per month during yielding period is more than 2200 per month per cattle & it is around 1400-1500 during dry period.(4)you must have your own market, where you should sell 1L milk for >Rs30. (5) Average milk of all yielding cattles should not be less than 9L per day, which is very difficult to achieve.

You can calculate profit by considering all the above facts along with Initial investment & its EMI per month, water & Electricity & mis.expenses & medical expenses & unpredictable expenses.

Dont be too optimistic...dont forget you are investing lakhs of rupees

If you can seel 1L milk for more than Rs.32, you can start .....otherwise need to think a lot.

Any doubts?............

Regards
MV SubbaReddy

stitkare

Hello Sant Sir,

I also want to go in to this business.

Firstly I am working in IT field throughout my carrier. I dont have any knowledge or any experience in this field. But i am reading a lot on this topic. I am also planning to join MITCON's dairy farming course to get the knowledge on it before going for it. To talk more on it, as you mentioned that we can call you, can you please give me contact details?

Thanks,
Santosh Titkare

hari babu

Dear Mr. subbareddy & Kiran,

Thank you for your kind words.

Please note that in a 100 animal farm all the animals are not milking & the cycle is maintained in such a way that around 60% of the animals are always milking.

As a result you will have a a continuous & constant supply of milk for sale.

The animals in this case are giving around 15-20 litres of milk on an average & as such the calculation shows 1000 litres /day.

For a newcomer it is always wiser to start with a low yielding animal as he is not experienced however he can gradually increase the average milk yield.
( Or it will be like a fellow who does not even know how to drive a car PROPERLY wants to enter the RACE with a Ferrari & inends to Win too).

Once again I will request you all to please do call me ANYTIME ( 24 X 7 ) so that I can explain dairy farming in precise details very easily & sytematically. You may find my number on linkedin or any of the Replies in Blogs.

Dairy farming is not at a subject to be discussed on Mails.

Dr.Chandrakiran N.Sant
Dairy Advisor
(Cattle Nutrition & Management)

Hi Chandrakiran sir,
can i have you number please i'm interested in farming.and i need to discuses to get more information.seems like you have very good knowledge in farming.

Thanks,
Hari Babu

muthusamurai

Want to connect with you as I need your advise. Help me with your contact.

Hi Sir,

Your message is very encouraging. Would like to connect with you. Help me with your contact.

Thanks!

Dr.Chandrakiran Sant
(Dairy Advisor)

pgunasekaran92

Dr.Chandrakiran Sant ,

How it is possible to produce 1000L from 100 cows?

According to your calculation you should each cow should produce milk daily 10L.

It is not possible to produce milk daily 10L*365(each cow)