Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Do you think Dairy Farming Profitable?..check out

Register

Click Here!

maruthi surya

see to it u have enough water resources, no matter what people say start with min 5 to 10 mx at the start. there is money in every business
in bangalore thery are giving 27 per liter, people are making money.

aghalayam

Dear aspirants of Dairy Farm

After deatiled study on theroy & practicals in the filed of Dairy Farm, I could say that many times commercial dairy farming is not profitable bcoz (1)cost of cattle yielding 10L (including transportation) is more than 55000.(2)for every 10 animals u need one manpower costing morethan 5000/month (3) Feeding cost per month during yielding period is more than 2200 per month per cattle & it is around 1400-1500 during dry period.(4)you must have your own market, where you should sell 1L milk for >Rs30. (5) Average milk of all yielding cattles should not be less than 9L per day, which is very difficult to achieve.

You can calculate profit by considering all the above facts along with Initial investment & its EMI per month, water & Electricity & mis.expenses & medical expenses & unpredictable expenses.

Dont be too optimistic...dont forget you are investing lakhs of rupees

If you can seel 1L milk for more than Rs.32, you can start .....otherwise need to think a lot.

Any doubts?............

Regards
MV SubbaReddy
All who work on Dairy farming talks Cow as a machine. Any dairy who plans to have sufficient land to grow own feed. But people calculate food as raw materiel and take market rate as food expenses If food is grown on own the expenses come down
2 All cows will include with a cow. Male or female Each cow at the end of the year cost around Rs 10,000 and by end of 3rd year 40 to 50 K
Is this a asset or the dairy people will send the calf to slaughter house in first year beginning.
Dairy is profitable for a single person who will have one or 2 cows or to a company who will have 100 cows
People who plan to use natural manure their complete manure is free

Sampath

vrmistry

sir
can i have ur no

i am from jaisalmer in rajasthan , i have a land of 50 acers with tubewell and i wana start a dairy with 10 cows atarting
can u give me the guildines how to proceed and from where to buy gud cows

my email id virendarmistry@gmail.com
my no 7303166602

pramoddairy

I just want your cont. no. to get help. please.

Dairy Farming is a business in which most attention has to be given on Feeding & Management. This particular aspect has been overlooked & neglected by most of the people entering into Dairy Business.

Unfortunately most of the people as well as consultants (of course, more than 99.99% are from Dairy Processing side & others : Theoretical experts from reading on google.com) place too much importance on climate, housing & shed construction.

It should be noted by entrepreneurs that hardly one in million Dairy farmers use computers & as such no realistic information on ( Indian) Dairy farming is available on NET nor the subject can be discussed on mails.

Lets understand the simple basics:

* No business breaks even in 1st year. It usually takes 4-5 years. However in dairy farming we can start earning from Day one since we always buy cows in milking.

* The approximate investment for 100 cow farm is around 1 Lac per animal (amounting to 1 CRORE) which can roughly be divided into cost of animal, cost of construction & cost of Machinery. It has to be kept in mind that this cost is Only ONCE & gets depreciated over a period to ZERO.

* The major cost then is daily recurring cost of (balanced) Feed & labour that too labour cost is fixed for ONE year at least. However the cost of feeding changes daily depending upon the ingredients used.

* Today this (Feeding & labour) cost will not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per day in any part of India. At the same time this 100 cow farm will yield minimum 1000 litres per day which can easily be sold @ Rs. 25,000/- giving us a clear profit of Rs. 5000/- per day not to mention the cow dung which will be minimum 1500 kgs & is being sold @ Re. 1/- per Kg. (The milk can be sold easily for Rs. 25/- as it is with high fat & not TONED down )

This clearly shows a 100 cow farm will fetch Rs. 6,500/- per day which is more than 23 lacs per year.

With good manufacturing practices & a Standard Operating Procedure we can easily reduce the daily costs of Feeding by Rs. 2 - 4000/- which can give us additional profit of minimum 7 Lacs per year.

Please feel free to call me ANYTIME

bhargav67

6 acre land require for fooder
Project report dosn't include financial loan and subsity etc

30 cow price =15,00,000
Per cow price=50000

30 cow dairy farm project report

1- one HF cow give 16 to 20 per liter (some cow give 25 lit. Per day )
16lit.*30 cow=480 lit. Per day
Milk price depend ur area if you want sale own or added milk in co-operative dairy
If you sale own then per litere per milk price =35
Co-operative dairy price depent on fat = ex. 20 to 25 per litere

HF cow lactation perioud =280 day
280 lac. Day *480 perday milk=1,34,400

Yearly milk 1,34,400 * per lit.25=33 lac 60 thousond INR (33

Per day per cow maintanance=150*30cow=
16 lac 42 thousond 500 rupee INR(16,42,500)

Labour=per 10 cow 1 labour salary=6000 per month
3 labour*6000 salary=18000
Yearly labour total=2lac 16 thousond (2,16,000)INR
Water borwell=2lac (2,00,000) INR
Cow shed=3lac (3,00,000)INR

Cow maintanance(16,42,500)
Labour(2,16,000)
Water borewell (2,00,000)
Cow shed (3,00,000)

Total=23,58,500

Milk price 33,60,000 - 2358500=10,01,500

2nd year profit (15,01,500)
Because u save borewell and shed price

This report not a corporate dairy farm business report.
And dung and urine price not added.
50000 extra maintanance for electricity and veterinary

Jay ho maiya ...gou mata..

I visited 10 dairy farm after i wrote a report...this business not for youngster city boy because this business take 24/7 duty and managment....no festival no function...if you have own 5 to 7 acre land then you can get success in dairyfarm business..
Corporate dairy farm business is risky...afterall start this business before study and visit some dairyfarm...if somthing wrong then sorry because i just studying 10 dairy...u can study with 50...
BEST OF LUCK

Bhargav rabari
Mail me any inquiry-karz72@gmail.com

vaishak83

Hi, I am thinking of venturing into cattle farming. Did some research online and was a bit doubtful regarding the profitability of vastly recommended keeping of crossbred / exotic breed like holstein friesian or jersey instead of indigeneous / desi / local breed. The points which came to mind are: 1) Crossbred Jersey / Holstein cow yields 15-20 litres per day whereas a local breed (lets take malnad gidda, a dwarf breed from karnataka) yields 3- 4 litres per day. 2) Crossbred Jersey / Holstein cow costs 50000 – 70000 rupees whereas malnad gidda costs 10000 – 15000 rupees 3) Crossbred Jersey / Holstein cow feeding cost is huge whereas malnad gidda survives on grazing 4) Crossbred Jersey / Holstein cow maintenance cost for medicines / labour is more whereas malnad gidda it is negligible to almost nil 5) Crossbred Jersey / Holstein cow lactates maximum 4-5 times, has health problems, infertility problems due to excessive use of Artificial insemination whereas malnad gidda gives birth almost every year by natural service and has about 8-10 calves in lifetime 6) Crossbred Jersey / Holstein male calf is useless whereas Malnad gidda male calf can be used for draught purposes i.e. ploughing 7) Crossbred Jersey / Holstein cow milk does not command huge price (may be 25-30 rupees if sold to milk cooperative) but malnad gidda milk can be sold at premium because it has medicinal properties. Based on above pointers, wouldn’t it be more profitable to buy 5 malnad gidda cows for Rs. 75000 instead of one crossbred cow. If fed with hydroponic maize / barley / oats the productivity in terms of litres of milk produced can also be increased. It is acclimatized to the local climate, hence no health problems even of acute heat during summer or any diseases during rainy season. The dung and urine is of better quality, has lesser pathogens than crossbred cows and highly useful for organic farming. Penny for your thoughts. Contrary view appreciated. Purpose of this post is education. Thanks.

aksharambs

Dear All,

Despite of all above comments on profitability of dairy, I would like to discuss all dairy aspirant about their plans. Please do not hesitate to get in touch for your queries.

Contact for your dairy (Milk Processing Unit) and dairy Farming queries- One Stop Complete Dairy Solution

Meticulous Business Solutions
Mr. Yogesh - Food & Agri Business Consultant
+91 992 167 1369
yogesh@meticulousbizsol.com

Thanks & Regards,
Akshara Deshmane
info@meticulousbizsol.com

vishalgoel88

6 acre land require for fooder
Project report dosn't include financial loan and subsity etc

30 cow price =15,00,000
Per cow price=50000

30 cow dairy farm project report

1- one HF cow give 16 to 20 per liter (some cow give 25 lit. Per day )
16lit.*30 cow=480 lit. Per day
Milk price depend ur area if you want sale own or added milk in co-operative dairy
If you sale own then per litere per milk price =35
Co-operative dairy price depent on fat = ex. 20 to 25 per litere

HF cow lactation perioud =280 day
280 lac. Day *480 perday milk=1,34,400

Yearly milk 1,34,400 * per lit.25=33 lac 60 thousond INR (33

Per day per cow maintanance=150*30cow=
16 lac 42 thousond 500 rupee INR(16,42,500)

Labour=per 10 cow 1 labour salary=6000 per month
3 labour*6000 salary=18000
Yearly labour total=2lac 16 thousond (2,16,000)INR
Water borwell=2lac (2,00,000) INR
Cow shed=3lac (3,00,000)INR

Cow maintanance(16,42,500)
Labour(2,16,000)
Water borewell (2,00,000)
Cow shed (3,00,000)

Total=23,58,500

Milk price 33,60,000 - 2358500=10,01,500

2nd year profit (15,01,500)
Because u save borewell and shed price

This report not a corporate dairy farm business report.
And dung and urine price not added.
50000 extra maintanance for electricity and veterinary

Jay ho maiya ...gou mata..

I visited 10 dairy farm after i wrote a report...this business not for youngster city boy because this business take 24/7 duty and managment....no festival no function...if you have own 5 to 7 acre land then you can get success in dairyfarm business..
Corporate dairy farm business is risky...afterall start this business before study and visit some dairyfarm...if somthing wrong then sorry because i just studying 10 dairy...u can study with 50...
BEST OF LUCK

Bhargav rabari
Mail me any inquiry-karz72@gmail.com

Per day per cow maintenance cost = 150
Is it realistic date ?? I dont think ...

If you have 30 cows then u must have 15 calf in your farm
Feeding cost of calf must be considered.

Electricity cost Rs-2000/per animal per year.. .

AI & Medicine cost Rs-2500/per anmimal per year....

Other expensese Rs-2000/per animal per year..

dairy_farming

daily farming business

Dear Sir,

Would like to speak to you on dairy farming. Can you pls share you number?

Rgds,

Dear Mr. subbareddy & Kiran,

Thank you for your kind words.

Please note that in a 100 animal farm all the animals are not milking & the cycle is maintained in such a way that around 60% of the animals are always milking.

As a result you will have a a continuous & constant supply of milk for sale.

The animals in this case are giving around 15-20 litres of milk on an average & as such the calculation shows 1000 litres /day.

For a newcomer it is always wiser to start with a low yielding animal as he is not experienced however he can gradually increase the average milk yield.
( Or it will be like a fellow who does not even know how to drive a car PROPERLY wants to enter the RACE with a Ferrari & inends to Win too).

Once again I will request you all to please do call me ANYTIME ( 24 X 7 ) so that I can explain dairy farming in precise details very easily & sytematically. You may find my number on linkedin or any of the Replies in Blogs.

Dairy farming is not at a subject to be discussed on Mails.

Dr.Chandrakiran N.Sant
Dairy Advisor
(Cattle Nutrition & Management)