Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Diary Farming

Register

Click Here!

rajesh_fem

I intend to start a Diary farm at Nashik, Maharashtra initially with around 8 - 10 buffalos. I have one acre land with water. Can someone guide me on the buffalos, or someone interested in selling good buffalos, making of buffalo shed, milking machines etc.

Regards

Rajesh

srinivas_cts

hi

Hi, Please call me for more info.

Thanks
Srini SDRL

I intend to start a Diary farm at Nashik, Maharashtra initially with around 8 - 10 buffalos. I have one acre land with water. Can someone guide me on the buffalos, or someone interested in selling good buffalos, making of buffalo shed, milking machines etc.

Regards

Rajesh

Last edited by a moderator:

herambgupte

Hi,

I can help you with that.
I have my farm in Murbad.
You can cal me, so that we can discuss further.

Thanks.
Regards,
Heramb Gupte

Last edited by a moderator:

devanandmane

Good Decision

Dear friend
I personalyy congratult's u have decided dairy business. u should ask to your self why u r going 2 this business.Decide ur goal for next 5 to 10 yr in this bussiness only.plz don't start enthusiatically.

My first suggetion 2 u that u should purchase only 5 milking she buffaloes and 5 pregnant she buffaloes(5 to 6 months) low coast than milking animal because u may not face managemental practices problems that will cause production problems.u will get idea of management of production.After 4 to 5 month these pregnant buffaloes might be calved u get another 5 calves and milk .My 2 nd advice is purchase 2to 3 yr heifers so that they will be ur futre herd.

Before starting of this plz,chek few things water,fodder labour availability ,shed for shelter of animal,electricity supply,road connectivity,market, feed, pure breed availability .

Dr Devanand Mane

komatha

Hello sir

sir,
I seen ur detailed reply for the qurries of him. Me too a beginer in this field shall u tell me the project cost of a small dairy consist of 25-30 cows nearer to chennai

prateekvaish

selection of good buffaloes

dear friend,
Process for Selection of best dairy buffaloes is :-
1. choice of breed. (murrah, nili ravi or mehsana)
2. Breed adviced - good animals of All 3 breeds can yield more than 2400 kg milk in a lactation but murrah is considered to be the best dairy breed which is a regular breeder and adapt well in all conditions and also performs well in absence of green fodder unlike nili ravi.
3. in buffaloes pay attention to body structure, udder confermation, placement of teats, prominent milk veins, small face, tihtly curled horns, slim neck region, bulky hump, boat like body confirmation, size (it does matter), soft and strechable (loose skin), small legs and bulky body.
4. home tract of murrah is haryana(rohtak, jind, hissar, sirsa) and punjab (bhatinda and Patiala).
5. Markets of haryana are Rohtak (300 + buffalo traders), Jind (100+ buffalo traders and Sirsa.)
6. U may also source buffaloes from organized markets of Punjab the dates and place are given below:-
a. Rampura Phool (dist. Bhatinda , 1st of every month)
b. Dhanola (bhatinda , 11th of every month)
c, Mod (bhatinda, 20th of every month)
6. You may also purchase from organised farms and registered cattle breeders

prateekvaish

The project cost including fee of consultant, construction of sheds, feed store, milk processing room with major plant and machinry, livestock ect for a 30 cow/buffalo and one breeding bull will be around 25 to 30 lacs.

saviof

Cost is too High

Prateekvaish, I think the price you Quoted 25 ~ 30 lakhs is too high. In my experiance this should not be more than 15 lakhs that too on a higher side.

prateekvaish

Re: Cost of project

Well,
The cost break up is as under:-
1. cost of 30 Hf cows @ 50000 per cow = Rs. 15 lacs.
2. covered area of cattle shed = 250 square meters @ 300 per square meter = Rs. 7.5 lacs
3. Construction of fence for openm paddock = Rs. 1 lac
4. cost of milking cans, inverter with batteries, submersible pump, chaff cutter, milking pails, cream seperators, first aid box with frequently used drugs, chains and ropes etc wouldcost another 1.5 lacs.
5. feeding cost of 30 animals for one month = 100X30X30= 90,000.00
6. insurance premium = 60,000
Hence, Minimum investment required to start a 30 cow/buffalo farm = 27 lacs.

Also, we have experience of not only running a 250 cow dairy farm since 1979 but also we have prepared more than 500 dairy projects for individuals, trusts, ngos, and state govenments.

prateekvaish

Re; Your query

Our farm is located at kanpur (India) and we have our our dairy consultancy services HO at kanpur and branch office at Ludhiana. Complete information would be provided to all within 7 days as our registration to business membership is in process.

saviof

Income from your calculation

prateekvaish

Well,
2. covered area of cattle shed = 250 square meters @ 300 per square meter = Rs. 7.5 lacs
4. cost of milking cans, inverter with batteries, submersible pump, chaff cutter, milking pails, cream seperators, first aid box with frequently used drugs, chains and ropes etc wouldcost another 1.5 lacs.

Also, we have experience of not only running a 250 cow dairy farm since 1979 but also we have prepared more than 500 dairy projects for individuals, trusts, ngos, and state govenments.

Thanks for the above information. Sorry my calculation was based on the Local cow breed which cost 20000 per cow. Can you also show the profit based on your calculation. As i am pretty sure a lot of us will benefit with your knowledge. Also you did not mention Medical expenses. Which i think wil be a major cost apart from the feeds. What is the cost of doctor, medicine for 30 cows?

Thanks

saviof

Income from your calculation

Thanks for the above information. Sorry my calculation was based on the Local cow breed which cost 20000 per cow. Can you also show the profit based on your calculation. As i am pretty sure a lot of us will benefit with your knowledge. Also you did not mention Medical expenses. Which i think will be a major cost apart from the feeds. What is the cost of doctor, medicine for 30 cows?

Thanks

Well,

prateekvaish

veterinay cost is included in item # 4 i.e. freqyuently used drugs. feed supplements come under feeding cost only. Such farms generate ROI of about 25%. I can not publish full breakup as the projects are not only customized but also they are part of my intellectual property rights.

sampadafarms

High returns

Dear Sir,

We are supplying Organic Fertiliser with a combination of micro & macro nutrients and natural pesticides. It is enriched with plant promters. It will enhance the potency of your farms, crops and all hortuculure crops.
  • Crops will get excellent tolerance.
  • Crops can develop good strenth to fight all external attacks
  • Sol will be enriched with good organic content
  • Soil borne deseases can be controlled effectivelly
  • Very good balanced mangement all essential nutrients.
  • No need to apply any cakes seperately
  • Mixes with all organic and chmical fertiliers
  • Can be applied with FYM also
  • End farm produce will be very good in quality
  • Shelf life will be increased
  • Colour, shape, appearance will be increased
  • It can be added/applied along with regular inputs.
  • Stabilises the yield and qualtiy of fruits, flowers
  • Works excellently for mirchi and cotton
  • For pomegranate plants, it will increases the plant potency and bacterial wilt problem will come down effectively, if used as per the recommendations.
Available in 50 Kgs. bags. Our production capacity is 20 m tons per day.

Recommended dose;

For all horticulture crops:

Below the age of 3 yeras: 2 Kg per plant
Below the age of 8 years: 4 Kg per plant
Above the age of 10 yeras: 10 Kg per plant

For Mirchi

400 Kg in two splits: 200 Kg as basal dose and 200 Kg at 40 days

For Cotton

300 Kg in two splits: 150 Kg as basal dose and 150 Kg at 40 days

For Papaya

Basal dose at the time of planting: 2 Kg Per plant
At the time of flowring: 3 Kg per plant

For Pomegranate/ Per plant

As basal dose at the time of plantation: 5 Kg.
First year: 5 Kg.
Second Year: 10 Kg
Third Year onwards: 15 Kg.

Brand: NOOKALS crop plus bio fertiliser
Price: Rs.475/- for 50 Kg bag
Ex HYDERABAD.

We have sample10 Kg bags. This is for not commercial supply. If you want to test and try you can place order. The cost of 10 Kg bag is Rs.120/- Ex Hyderabad.

Interested! Contact us immediatellly!

This is the right time to apply!

Regards
Raghu Ram
Managing Consultant

Our Address

M/s. Sampada Farms & Consultants
408 - Panchasheela Towers
Park Lane, M G Road,
SECUNDERABAD - 500 003. A.P.

Phone: 040 27721862, 39101041
Fax: 040 27811087
www.sampadafarms.com