Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy Farm information in Tamilnadu

Register

Click Here!

gow2628

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 50 COWs in Tamilnadu in Karur area. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
2) Project cost for 50 Cows.
3) Market strength / best buyer daily basis.
4) Best cow available with 30 to 35 ltr milk / day from each cow.
5) Milking period of cows.
7) Land requirement for present 50 and feature around 250 cows (keeping in mind maximum feeds will grow from own farm land).
6) Is it really profitable business?

I may take your consultancy for entire project so please give me best & honest guidance.

Thanks,
Gowtham

ajkumar

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 50 COWs in Tamilnadu in Karur area. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
7) Land requirement for present 50 and feature around 250 cows (keeping in mind maximum feeds will grow from own farm land).

I may take your consultancy for entire project so please give me best & honest guidance.

Thanks,
Gowtham
In order to get subsidies, one needs to satisfy the subsidy giving agencies conditions. You may have to accept the machines and other equipments which they offer and it will all be purchased by them against tender and who ever quotes the lowest will supply.
For 50 cows, including the cost of the cow, 25L to 35L will be the rough figure excluding land including machinery and other costs for utensils . Holstein Fresian is the recommended breed for such yield and you need to look after these cows with much care and attention,with all comforts, temperature too plays a key role. You must give good feed,fodder and water always in front of the cow. have your own fodder land. Do not tie the cow 24 hours. Give them facility to be free for sometime, let them stroll for a few hours a day, exercising their legs. milking period will be 10 months-12 months. Land requirement for the present 50 is 6-7 acres. For future 30 acres. Yes its profitable - milk and dung can be sold. karur-> Trichy good belt. Try selling milk on your own to get maximum revenue. Avoid giving milk to private and co-operative dairies as the rate will be too low for milk.

Last edited:

drsarkar

For Dairy Cattle & Buffalo supply with Farm Projects Infrastructure .

Dear Mr. GOW 2628 ,

Plz see our details and coontact through PM .. As Project Consultancy ::

GGDFCS India – Consultancy Summary

We can establish your Dream Dairy Project at your own Agro – Commercial land area and with Complete infrastructure for Farm sector based on Productive herd , shed design and construction , bio gas and waste recycling management , milking parlor , Milking machines , vaccines , dairy lab equipments , medicines , productive and reproductive technologies , Vety. Clinic set up , cooling equipments , dairy farm sanitizers , nutrition for productive animals , routine shed + milking + feeding + breeding + milk process section management , Cattle Feed Unit , Manpower management etc…

As for us as GGDFCS – Dr. Sarkar and Team

We are the Team of Dairy Project Consultancy Services from Rajasthan & M.P. Plz contact us for any complete Dairy Project from 100 to 5000 animals farm with farm-linked milk processing units , loose + semi loose + tethering system of housing , shed hygiene and sanitation , farm feed unit , fodder preservation systems , animals health and treatment systems , breeding and A.I. systems , routine farm mgmt. and work analysis , machine milking with milking management , calving & labour management , basic trainings to dairy staff , biogas unit , herd selection and control etc.. For 220 animals - you have to construct 4 nos. of T-T shed with each capacity of 60 cow/buffaloes with one shed for calves and heifers.. the actual design and estimates will finalize after land survey of project area for accuracy of measurements ..We have basket of choice for your project from 100 animals to 2000 herd strength within 24 months as per our consultancy norms ..for design of comfort sheds , it is essential to floor types , slopes , animal to animal distance , manger height , tethering hooks , shallow channel , sunrise / sunset directions , water trough , open area facilities with basic structures etc.. Any way , if you want to contact with us ,plz mail us :: sarkar41419atgmaildotcom

With all best wishes ,

Dr. D.N. Sarkar

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.

Thanks,
Gowtham

rcssa

cow farm

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 30 COWs in Tamilnadu in perambalur area. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
2) Project cost for 30 Cows.
4) Best cow available with 30 to 40 ltr milk / day from each cow.
6) Land requirement for present 30 and feature around 300 cows
7) Is it really profitable business?
8) which dro

ajkumar

Starting a farm

Am glad that you want to start a farm with 30 cows but going after subsidies is not a good sign. Please note that you need minimum 30 lakhs apart from land. Normally milking period will be 10 months as the cow will be pregnant within few months after calving.Land requirement will be around 4 acres. Select good area with water .Of course its profitable but you need to control your expenses and feeding according to the yield. Sell milk directly to the end user.

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 30 COWs in Tamilnadu in perambalur area. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
8) which dro

sundarsmnm

i dont think it is profitable if you are financially sound pls consider dairy farm ,please do not go for consulting agencies ,

ajkumar

Dairy Farming

I totally disagree to Mr.Sundarmnm's views. This is the only industry where profit, dependency of customers, loyalty, assured growth will be there. There is no wastage coming out of a cow other than money. In today's world, milk, dung,urine all can be sold like hot cake but you must be prepared to slog. Simply giving instructions wont work. Milk must be sold directly to the consumer avoiding all middlemen. Fresh milk has got demand everywhere.

Management plays a major role here. Avoid dependency on employees.

Kumar

i dont think it is profitable if you are financially sound pls consider dairy farm ,please do not go for consulting agencies ,

herambgupte

Hi,

Please find answers to your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any. -- Yes. You may approach NABARD for it.
2) Project cost for 30 Cows. -- Avg Rs 1lakh per animal excluding land cost.
3) Market strength / best buyer daily basis. -- Buyer should be locally sourced for raw milk
4) Best cow available with 30 to 40 ltr milk / day from each cow.-- HF and Jersy
5) Milking period of cows. -- 300 days
6) Land requirement for present 30 and feature around 300 cows -- 100 sq ft per animal for housing and storage. fodder cultivation is 1 acre for 3 animals yearly.
7) Is it really profitable business?-- yes. definately
8) which dro

Hope it is satisfactory.

You may message me for further details .

Thanks

Regards,
Heramb Gupte

shaial

dairy farming

[Hi Gowtham,
Good to learn that u have planned with herd of 50 cows, please find below mentioned quotes on ur queries.
1) you have to contact local nationalised bank for the details because u may not avail any subsidy direct from govt.
2) Project cost as thumb rule would be approx 1.25 Lakhs/cow excluding cost of land and including cows, shed, equipments etc
3) best buyer is the end customer so plan to sale raw milk direct to customer
4)The lactation period of cow is 300 days after delivery
5) Per acre of land can produce green fodder for 5-6 cows /365 days these are calculated in accordance to milk yield of 15 liters/day/ 300 days
6) It can be profitable business after all it depends on how u maintain and feed the animals.

Thanks,
Shaial

ksan123

hi i m kalaiarasan from pondicherry, i m selling cattle feed such as beer waste, beer pottu, spent malt, bear malt (which is consisting veet, maize, parley and etc...) in terms of ton in anywhere in tamil nadu.... kindly make a call to this no: 9786348346, 8807262941....kindly make a call to this no: 9786348346, 8807262941....

herooftajmahal

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
8) which dro

Hi rcssa,

Hope you doing well and good, Me also from Perambalur,

Can i Have your contact info

gau green

indian breed saving

sir , i am rajesh from cuddalore dist , we plan to save Indian breads cows to collect all breads and breeding we create society act name giving life social welfare organization plz give ur all support to grow in fucher growth contect no 8680030405 address 38/32, pudu street, pudu kuppam cuddalore any one can help