Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

cow milk production

Register

Click Here!

pswaroop

Very much interested

Friends
there is lot of good info in this thread and I am also interested in starting same with indian cows/bufollows only as they are a heritage to our culture and we should definitely make good use of them instead of buying HF or cross breeding. I am interested in doing eartern UP near lucknow, please help me with the minimum budget.
:confused:
Actually I dont what to start a Gaushala but milk processing Unit using indegineous cow/buffalo milk.:rolleyes:

Pls mail me at prashantswaroop at hotmail dot com.

I SUGGEST THAT WE SHLD CREATE A YAHOO GROUP FOR DISCUSSING THIS AND GETTING RESPONSES FOR EACH??

thank you.

daithamadhav

Mr.Amit,

Happy to note that you have done extensive research and open to share the same. Am from Hyderabad of Andhra Pradesh and also want to start the same project. Please give me your mail id so that we can get in touch with each other. You can contact me thru daithamadhav in gmail.

Bye,
Madhav Daitha.

rajeshj

Organic animal feed suppliments

Hi friends!

We are going to launch desi cows milk production plant whose ambition to save the desi cows and to produce quality milk in india.

Kindly suggest what kind of breed of cow we have to intoduce. What type of food we have to provide the cows or any suggestion which will help us.

Vijay asopa
Dear Mr. Vijay Asopal

Greetings for the day.

Please find attached herewith the details of Agrovat.

It's a seaweeds and plants based animal feed suppliments, useful for all round growth of animal, fishes, birds etc. Improves health and resistance against adverse conditions. Increased outputs. Improves qualitative outputs. (Usage : 20 Gms per 10 kg feed).

Please mail me your email ID, so i can send you the detailed brochure

Thanks & Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

muralib

Hi friends!

We are going to launch desi cows milk production plant whose ambition to save the desi cows and to produce quality milk in india.

Kindly suggest what kind of breed of cow we have to intoduce. What type of food we have to provide the cows or any suggestion which will help us.

Vijay asopa
Hi friend,
Congradulations & best wishes for the noble cause. I think you must breed 'Tharparkar' Kangrei' cows. Normal green fodder and some extra nutricious food will do.

pankajkamboj

Mr.Unicorn Baroda,

Producing untouched milk is possible only in a milking parlour with milk meters and milk getting stored in Bulk Milk coolers and taken for processing and packing, chilling etc. Totally mechanized one. Gir,tharparkar cows are ok but will it be a viable project?? I am not clear on "your version of untouched milk" because i doubt whether somebody will invest in all this with desi cows!!Please explain.

Kumar

Mr. AJ kumar

It seems that you have very negetive approch. If you cannot encourage someone than please don't discourage and keep your suggestion with you.

vijaymehta53

More Info About Your Qest.

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa
What exactly suitable for you we need more information like
1 About your location
2 area of land
3climate
4distance from local market
5 man power you have
6 availability of road and electricity
etc.

provide more information than only any knowledgeable person will pay attention.

Regards

Vijay Mehta

Cow & Buffalo Breeds which are used for Milk Production

Hi

Please find the Cow & Buffalo Breeds which are used for Milk Production

Cow (Milk Yield (Lit/day)

* Sahiwal(12-16)
* Red Sindhi (10-15)
* Tharparkar (10 - 15)
* HF Cross (15-25)
* Jersey Cross (12-18)
* Gir (10 - 15)

Buffalo (Milk Yield (Lit/day)

* Murrah (10-15)
* Nili Ravi (8-12)

For further more details please ask.

Wish you all the best

Regards
Mallikarjun

Firm - DMK Agri & Property Consultancy

rose123

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa
This is Ranjan Jha. I want to start Dairy Project. Plz help me.

Dairy Farming - Breeding & Reproduction

1. Selection of milking animal:

* Milk production efficiency / statement of the owner regarding cows performance
* Pedigree i.e., the ancestry of the individual animal
* Appearance: General considerations for a dairy type animal.
* A dairy cow at its first look appears to be extremely angular in form, carrying no surplus flesh.
* Proper development of the udder & compact with prominent milk veins.
* Marked development of the barrel (body) in proportion to the size of the animals.
* The neck should be long, slender and neatly joined with both head and shoulders.
* Legs should be clean- cut, free from coarseness and with incurving things.
* Animals which have large udder, prominent milk vein and equally placed quarters and similar size of teats with firm attachment with the body are good for dairy purpose.Good quality udders ‘shrink’ after milking unlike poor one which undergo little change.
* Breed wise colour of the animals and shape of the horns especially in murrah buffalo is also considered.

2. Heat detection: General symptoms for detection of heat

* Swelling of vulval lips
* Mucus discharge from vulva
* Restlessness or excitement
* Mounting on other animals / allow other animal to be mounted
* Less appetite
* Frequent bellowing
* Frequent urination
* Licking of other animals
* Reduced milk yield in lactating animals

3. Time of service

* Estrus continues 18-24 hrs and the best time for A.I is 10-14 hrs from the onset of estrus symptoms
* For buffaloes inseminate between 14-20 hrs from the onset of heat for obtaining optimum fertility.

4. Artificial Insemination (A.I):

* It is always advisable to breed through A.I as there are many advantages in A.I method over natural service. Because in A.I method
* Semen of proven sire is used.
* There is less possibility of transmission of disease
* There is increased rate of conception.
* Least expensive

5. Pregnancy diagnosis:

* If the service is successful or the animal is conceived then the animal will not come to heat. i.e., cessation of estrus.
* Pregnancy can be confirmed as early as 60 days after conception.
* At the later stage of pregnancy, the volume of abdomen increases and there will be noticeable changes in mammary gland.

6. Gestation period:

* For cow = 280 ± 5 days
* For Buffalo = 310 ± 5 days

7. Breeding heifer

* In general, indigenous breeds get maturity at 30-36 months, exotic breeds at 18-24 months and cross breeds at 24-30 months.
* Heifer must be serviced when; its body weighs at least of 250 kgs and must be healthy and free from diseases.
* Generally it is not advisable to service heifer at first heat. Normally second heat is the best time for breeding.

Regards.
Mallikarjun

Firm - DMK Agri & Property Consultancy

oachira

Good Idea

Sir,

It is a good Idea to keep Desi cows in our land. The milk from Desi cows have medicinal value. Absents of B-carotin is good for health. Thank you.

isabgol

Hi Everyone

We would like to take the opportunity & glad to introduce ourselves, Shree Vinayak Enterprise a leading Cultivator, Supplier & Exporter of Lucerne Seed (Alfalfa Seed) in India.
Shree Vinayak Enterprise was incorporated aiming to supply Lucerne Grass Seed throughout the worldwide. Today we are supplying superior quality, weed free of Lucerne Seed for Hay cultivation, Horse, Cow, Buffalo, Goat, Rabbit & many other cattle's Feed cultivation as well as pharmaceutical formulation for domestic market as well as global Market.

USP: Cuscuta Free Lucerne Seed

Temperature for Sowing: below 32°c

Variety Available: 1 Year & 3 Year

We can supply you Lucerne Grass seed as per your requirement. Kindly let me know your detail requirement.

Packaging available : 5 kg, 10 Kg & 25 kg

If you need any more information please feel free to call or write us.

Waiting for your valuable feedback.

isabgol

Lucerne Seed

Hi Everyone

We would like to take the opportunity & glad to introduce ourselves, Shree Vinayak Enterprise a leading Cultivator, Supplier & Exporter of Lucerne Seed (Alfalfa Seed) in India.
Shree Vinayak Enterprise was incorporated aiming to supply Lucerne Grass Seed throughout the worldwide. Today we are supplying superior quality, weed free of Lucerne Seed for Hay cultivation, Horse, Cow, Buffalo, Goat, Rabbit & many other cattle's Feed cultivation as well as pharmaceutical formulation for domestic market as well as global Market.

USP: Cuscuta Free Lucerne Seed

Temperature for Sowing: below 32°c

Variety Available: 1 Year & 3 Year

We can supply you Lucerne Grass seed as per your requirement. Kindly let me know your detail requirement.

Packaging available : 5 kg, 10 Kg & 25 kg

If you need any more information please feel free to call or write us.

Waiting for your valuable feedback.

islanant

Natural organic food

Dear sir,
if you want to be successful please avoid ready mix food for cow which will cut maintenance cost and kipping away doctor.

ajkumar

Dear sir,
if you want to be successful please avoid ready mix food for cow which will cut maintenance cost and kipping away doctor.
You mean cows must be fed with cakes and brans, calcium and minerals, salt etc. Its availability will be an issue.

ajkumar

Sir,

It is a good Idea to keep Desi cows in our land. The milk from Desi cows have medicinal value. Absents of B-carotin is good for health. Thank you.
At what rate will you sell this milk?? At that rate feeding and housing these cows, do you think its viable?? Milk has got medicinal value, agreed. How much more will a person pay for such milk?? Do you think you can liquidate!!

Last edited:

zaiku

Desi Cow farms

Dear Vijay,

I am also planning the same & doing my research work on this.

Where are you planning to start this & have you studied the details/various aspects of the dairy farm with indigenous breeds .....

Regards
Jai

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa

mohinder

Hi every one this is Mohinder and i am living in Rishikesh Uttrakhand. I am planing to open a cow dairy farm with starting 10 cows. As I am new to this field can any one provide me the following requested information. in Rishikesh Uttrakhand.
1}What breed of cows i needs to Buy and how much it will cost me per cow if i want to open cow farm in Rishikesh Uttrakhand
2} Where I can find HF cows in or around Rishikesh
3} What will be maintanace cost for each HF cow a day
4}what will be the Milk Yeild per day for a cow
5} what will be the cost for a HF cow

ajkumar

Mr. AJ kumar

It seems that you have very negetive approch. If you cannot encourage someone than please don't discourage and keep your suggestion with you.
Please understand that we are not talking about 4/5 litre cow. I don't want/wish farmers to fall in a pit. Learned persons will understand and not people like you with a "negetive" approach as written by you above- who are unable to understand the needs and expectations of a farmer.

islanant

food for cow

Dear sir.
if you want to run successively please avoid giving ready mix feed suppliment use as possible as natural feed .

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa