Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

cow milk production

Register

Click Here!

Hi friends!

We are going to launch desi cows milk production plant whose ambition to save the desi cows and to produce quality milk in india.

Kindly suggest what kind of breed of cow we have to intoduce. What type of food we have to provide the cows or any suggestion which will help us.

Vijay asopa

ajkumar

Desi cow farm???

Dear Mr.Vijay Asopa,

The idea is good but financial viability will not be there. Because of the following reasons: 1. Milk yield of desi cows too low. 2. Nobody will pay you extra money for desi cow milk. 3. They are not like CB cows; they will be tough ones to handle.

Feeding according to the yield is the right way but normally desi cows will be let loose for grazing. They feed on the natural habitat on their own. Provide water in small tanks of 3 to 4 feet height.

Viability is a big question mark in such cases. Discuss with experts in this field.

Study the pros and cons before you jump. I think you are relatively new to this field.

Kumar

Hi friends!

We are going to launch desi cows milk production plant whose ambition to save the desi cows and to produce quality milk in india.

Kindly suggest what kind of breed of cow we have to intoduce. What type of food we have to provide the cows or any suggestion which will help us.

Vijay asopa

unicornbaroda

Hi,
We are also starting a Dairy farm with same intention of producing untouched milk , please get in touch.
We have done extensive research and have quite good info, our farm is in Vadodara, Gujarat, the shed in under-construction. We have good source to get GIR breed cows from Kathiawad ( North Gujarat).

Lets exchange info and help each other

Regards,
Amit
Unicorn Dairy farms

ajkumar

Untouched Milk???

Mr.Unicorn Baroda,

Producing untouched milk is possible only in a milking parlour with milk meters and milk getting stored in Bulk Milk coolers and taken for processing and packing, chilling etc. Totally mechanized one. Gir,tharparkar cows are ok but will it be a viable project?? I am not clear on "your version of untouched milk" because i doubt whether somebody will invest in all this with desi cows!!Please explain.

Kumar

Hi,
We are also starting a Dairy farm with same intention of producing untouched milk , please get in touch.
We have done extensive research and have quite good info, our farm is in Vadodara, Gujarat, the shed in under-construction. We have good source to get GIR breed cows from Kathiawad ( North Gujarat).

Lets exchange info and help each other

Regards,
Amit
Unicorn Dairy farms

panu123

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa
Sahiwal cows from Haryana

Prashant Bhatnagar

dcsharma

Please do your own home work

Hi

I have a question for you ?

What is the main intent of your project ?
1) Financial gain?
2) conservation of Indian breeds of cows?

If it is a pure holistic conservation project forget about the economic benefit for the first 4 years.

If it is semi conservation cum financial intention I would suggest you to go for a Gir gai project which is financially viable project and can start giving you good output in the third year itself. Brazil is making huge economic gain through gir milk then Gujrath is an example I have my own farm in MH.
I can give you all the technical necessities provided your quot is a serious attempt and what is your background about farming and animal husbandry knowledge.

Last edited:

ishooda

desi cow

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa
Dear Mr.Vijay
Very good idea contact ;ishooda at the rate of rediffmail.com for all details & visit of farms
Thanks
Dr.Hooda

nageshg

Dear friend,
very good idea. our indian breeds are fine,Brazilian`s are milking around 60liters of milk / day with our GIR breed.

normandcosta

can have the contact numbers to buy the GIR COWS FROM GUJARAT..How many litres do they give /day? Whta is the cost of each cow?

Norman

tpmaniraja

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa
Glimpses of
Elite Gaushalas

NAMDHARI GAUSHALA, SRI
JIWAN NAGAR Sirsa Haryana

Pure Sahiwal cattle (140) are maintained
• Animals are tattooed, pedigree and performance
recording is done.
• Peak yield is 21 kg; all the cows yield 12 kg or
more.
• They follow organic farming.

RASHTRIYA GAUSHALA,
DHAROULI (Jind)

The model of ‘twin Gaushalas’ has been followed
whereby one Gaushala is kept mainly for ‘jeevdaya’
(save-cows) and the other for breed improvement.
• More than 500 Hariana purebred cows maintained for
production of young Hariana bulls.
• Cows are selected based on milk yield. Peak daily yield
in cows has been recorded as 22 kg.

RAJASTHAN GAU SEWA SANGH,
DURGAPURA, Jaipur
The Gaushala has 100 pure improved Tharparkar cattle.
• Tharparkar bulls are maintained for pure breeding.
• Cow milk, Panchgavya medicines and Vermi-compost
are prepared and sold.

Native cattle
Further its maintenance costs is very less
Nutrient absorption from fodder is more, good intestinal flora helps in complete digestion & absorption of nutrients.
No need for costly housing, no need of fans & coolers, it saves on your electricity expences.
Ordinary fodder is enough to maintain optimum results in our native cattle.
Longevity (Up to 8 calves) the mothers milk yield & health condition will be good.

Cross bred cattle
Medical expences is high
high nutrient rich fodder is required
proper housing, fans and coolers are required
pregnancy related problems,
problems during calf brith or dead calf in womb
Problems with conceiving
would give good yield up to 3 calf births then afterwards you have to replace the cows ( cost of replacement is high)

:confused:
Considering the milk prices and the cost of labour & fodder, its best to have average output with average input (Native cows- Bos Indicus) rather than high input & high output (cross bred cows - Bos tarus).

kalyanma

Drink only Desi COW MILK.

Mr.Unicorn Baroda,

Producing untouched milk is possible only in a milking parlour with milk meters and milk getting stored in Bulk Milk coolers and taken for processing and packing, chilling etc. Totally mechanized one. Gir,tharparkar cows are ok but will it be a viable project?? I am not clear on "your version of untouched milk" because i doubt whether somebody will invest in all this with desi cows!!Please explain.

Kumar
No Untouched milk means , which is very pure , healthy, organic , have good medicinial ingredients in milk , and for your information in hyderabad people are buying desi cow milk at Rs 60 per lit, my self also buying the same daily i need 2 liters and i am purchasing fro Rs 60/lit, AND Desi cow Ghee is for Rs 850/Kg.

There is a farm called CHARKA Dairy having 300 desi cows GIR, And shaiwal , ongole etc.

I visited This Farm before buying milk.
Even I planned initially to go HF cows Farm for my future project ,now I stopped thinking of This breed HF , now i decided to go with Desi cows , which needs low maintenance and natural maintenance in Indian climates .
Thank you,

danielr

Desi Cow

Hi friends!

Dear Vijay;

You must mention and try to elaborate about your project area while asking for technical help; so you will get real good suggestion. Well...

I do not agree with Mr. Kumar. Milk is of course less when you let your cows loose and feed on any and how much grass that is available. Animals waste their energy in finding food. This does not mean they do not require exercise.

Do little Laad Pyaar of Desi cow; like you do with CB cows and you will find they too produce good quality and good quantity milk.

Do not sale the milk; sale value added products made from milk. And dear; milk is not only produce you get from cows; you get male heifer; one or two almost every year; that fetches very good price after about 2 years of (their) age, you also get "Gobar"; it's energy. Use it.

Daniel Reuben
Israel

savant

Non Desi Cows

Hi
We have 8 acres of land in Karnataka for now, and couples of friends are very keen on starting a Dairy Farm. We don’t have much of a background on the same, however the interest levels are very high and are very exited to start the project. We are relying on agricultureinformation.com for some support to get us started.
Somebody told us that with this size of land we can easily have 50-100 cows farm. We are confused on two aspects what kind of cow to go for. We are not looking at desi cows, as we don’t have so much funds that we can survive on low yields. We have heard that imported ones which give very high yield are difficult to maintain. Some say going for a mix of cows and buffalos is better alternative.

Second important query is where do we procure these cows from. Do we get milking cows or calves? Do they take three years to start milking as stated above ?

P.S. If someone can throw some light on what’s the size of shed we need to build for rearing 100 cows, we will be grateful as eventually we plan to add up to 100 cows at the least.

Please excuse me if this question has been asked elsewhere on this site and I am repeating it.

Divisa

thunga

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa
dear vijay wish you best of luck for your new cows project sir my self pragnesh bhatt from rajkot in gujrat we are 1 dest cow tabela in gujrat for further detail pls call me

Last edited by a moderator:

ajjj

sir do you know your idea is good and economically sound too but you have to find the exact breed one of our indian breed which can compete with HF cows is sahiwal u can get this in punjab and haryana and then u will remember me

drsarkar

For Dairy Cattle & Buffalo supply with Farm Projects Infrastructure .

Dear Mr. Vijay Asopa ,

Very good decision to start with Pure Bred Indian Breeds like SAHIWAL , GIR ,
THARPARKAR , RATHI , RED SINDHI , GANGA TIRI , KANKREJ etc. Cows .. The milk production ranges from 08 ltrs. - 18 ltrs. per day or you can get more as per your management + best nutrition systems ..we have Pure Sahiwal , Tharparkar , Rathi , Ganga Tiri etc. cows and available under MoU Agreement with Terms & Conditions .. Out of above quotes , the Sahiwal , Tharparkar , Rathi , Red Sindhi are from Rajasthan and Punjab area , while Gir and Kankrej from Bhavnagar , Surendranagar , Rajkot , Junagadh , Amreli and rural areas of Kathiyawad / Saurashtra regions and Ahmedabad , Mehsana , S.K. , B.K. , are available and can be supplied .. But maximum cows can't milk on milking machines and the Dedicated Labours for manual milkings and shed work are great problem .. Secondly , all Indian pure bred cows are very critical to select from there native places .. It is better to keep 50 : 50 Pure Indian Breeds with Exotic Cross breed maintains in your Farm for increasing Milk Production as well as Conservation of Indian Breeds also . We are the Commercial Dairy Project Consultant and can provide you the complete A - Z turnkey consultancy services on Dairy Farm Sector ..You can contact me on sarkar41419 at gmail dot com or can call me on nine two two nine eight six zero four six eight directly , and see our quotes as ::
We can establish your Dream Dairy Project at your own Agro – Commercial land area and with Complete infrastructure for Farm sector based on Productive herd , shed design and construction , bio gas and waste recycling management , milking parlor , Milking machines , vaccines , dairy lab equipments , medicines , productive and reproductive technologies , Vety. Clinic set up , cooling equipments , dairy farm sanitizers , nutrition for productive animals , routine shed + milking + feeding + breeding + milk process section management , Cattle Feed Unit , Manpower management etc…

With best wishes to develop Dairy World & Healthy Population ..

Hi friends!

Vijay asopa

drsarkar

Hi
We have 8 acres of land in Karnataka for now, and couples of friends are very keen on starting a Dairy Farm. We don’t have much of a background on the same, however the interest levels are very high and are very exited to start the project. We are relying on agricultureinformation.com for some support to get us started.
Somebody told us that with this size of land we can easily have 50-100 cows farm. We are confused on two aspects what kind of cow to go for. We are not looking at desi cows, as we don’t have so much funds that we can survive on low yields. We have heard that imported ones which give very high yield are difficult to maintain. Some say going for a mix of cows and buffalos is better alternative.

Second important query is where do we procure these cows from. Do we get milking cows or calves? Do they take three years to start milking as stated above ?

P.S. If someone can throw some light on what’s the size of shed we need to build for rearing 100 cows, we will be grateful as eventually we plan to add up to 100 cows at the least.

Please excuse me if this question has been asked elsewhere on this site and I am repeating it.

Divisa
Dear Divisa , plz refer to latest Agriinfo coloumn ( 13th sept.)for details and contact me by PM ..