Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Buying Farm Lands - Questions & Answers

Register

Click Here!

editorialteam

Are you interested in buying farm lands? Use this thread to post your doubts and queries to Mr. Raghupathy Venkatraman - a farm land real estate consultant in Tamil Nadu.

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Venkatraman,

How do you ensure the land has clear title and is free from all legal complications?

Regards,
Shweta
Basically I am a legal consultant and advisor for some big clients. I have worked for quite a few years in housing loan dept. That is one big advantage I have over others in this field in my area of operation. I first visit the lands that come for sale and contract farming, and make my own assessment, as to the location, irrigation facilities, free power, exclusive and direct access to the land, maximum price that can be fixed per acre, revenue and return potential for the investment. Then sit with land owners directly, ascertain that it is free hold, no tenancy issues involved, total family consent is for sale of land, and the owner has got valid title to sell the property. Then we discuss and settle for the final price and on payment of a token advance ask and get all parent document copies. I also visit the village admin office and get some more revenue documents that may not be with the owners. I then apply for E.C from local registrar office, ensure that the land is free from encumbrance, no bank loan or mortgage is made, know the property guide line value, and ensure 100% genuineness of the property. I insist on 100 transparent transactions in the sale Price and mostly do it with bank DD or check. I render all assistance to the seller in case they do not have bank accounts.

As told by -
Mr. Raghupathi Venkatraman,
Govardhangiri Consultants

ganapati

Agriland in kokan

Basically I am a legal consultant and advisor for some big clients. I have worked for quite a few years in housing loan dept. That is one big advantage I have over others in this field in my area of operation. I first visit the lands that come for sale and contract farming, and make my own assessment, as to the location, irrigation facilities, free power, exclusive and direct access to the land, maximum price that can be fixed per acre, revenue and return potential for the investment. Then sit with land owners directly, ascertain that it is free hold, no tenancy issues involved, total family consent is for sale of land, and the owner has got valid title to sell the property. Then we discuss and settle for the final price and on payment of a token advance ask and get all parent document copies. I also visit the village admin office and get some more revenue documents that may not be with the owners. I then apply for E.C from local registrar office, ensure that the land is free from encumbrance, no bank loan or mortgage is made, know the property guide line value, and ensure 100% genuineness of the property. I insist on 100 transparent transactions in the sale Price and mostly do it with bank DD or check. I render all assistance to the seller in case they do not have bank accounts.

As told by -
Barren Agricultural land/Cashewnut-Mango orchard ranging from 2 to 12 acres at the rate of Rs.3 Lakh/acre upto Rs.8 Lakh/acre is available adjacent to my following property: - (contour map is available on request on Email).
Presently 5.5 acres, rivertouch agriland (at village Sukondi) near the interception of State Highway No.103 (Mandangad-Anjarle) & Major State Coastal High Way No. 4 (Dapoli-Kelshi) is readily available.
MY PROPERTY AT DEHEN
1. I own a small, hilly, laterite land admeasuring 7.5 acres (17º 51’41” N, 73º 9’ 15” E – Earmarked on Wikimapia as RUDRAKSHA FARM, Link: <https://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Anjarle,+Ratnagiri,+Maharashtra&ll=17.8551,73.156047&spn=0.001476,0.001725&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6>) at post Dehen, Tal. Dapoli, Dist. Ratnagiri of Konkan region in Maharashtra State. (Pin code – 415712). Dehen is a small village, 28 km. from Mandangad (A taluka place), on Mandangad-Anjarle Road (State Highway No.103) and 20 km. from Dapoli (Nearest Taluka place).
2. There are 100, 10 yrs. old mango plants & 25 fruiting cashew nut plants.
3. My interest is to grow Rudraksha (Elaeocarpus ganitrus) varieties (Total 350 all over the world known in Australia as Blue Berry Ash/Quandong).Pl refer to this link for further details on Rudraksha cultivation:- From Hawaii to India a journey which took 7 years! - Home)
4. The project includes development of a "Nakshatravan" as well.
5. The land has a kuccha well admeasuring 25 feet in diameter, kuccha approach road admeasuring 1100 ft.in length & 15 ft. in breadth,10 HP power connection & a pucca house admesuring 450 sq. ft. with three rooms & veranda.
6. The entire land is fenced as per the Government Demarcation, saucer shaped with a flat bottom admeasuring 1 acre at the height of 80 M above sea level, peripheral height(rim) 105 M above sea level with a gradient of about 30 degree.
7. Konkan season is heavy rains in monsoon (4 months) followed by scarcity of water for 8 months, very hot & humid in summer (Nearest sea shore is at Anjarle, Murud, Karde & Harnai at about 8 km.).

ganapati

Are you interested in buying farm lands? Use this thread to post your doubts and queries to Mr. Raghupathy Venkatraman - a farm land real estate consultant in Tamil Nadu.
How to become a legal farmer if you are not a legal farmer and do not own ancestral agricultural land ?

raghupathiv

is there any limit (acres) on owning agricultural land in pondicherry, union territory?
i do not have specific details as to the particular aspect that you have raised. But i can get you more details and information through my associate in this field in karaikal and will get back to you this week end. Pl furnish your mobil no to call and give details.

raghupathiv

Dear Mr. Venkatraman,

How do you ensure the land has clear title and is free from all legal complications?

Regards,
Shweta
BASICALLY my FREQUENT VISITS WITH CLIENTS AND DURING PERSONAL VISITS TO Village admn office will revel whether the owner is the genuine title holder and has clear title to convey the property. the locals near by will also give details when discreet inquiry is made. if the land is lease hold, or has internal family issues then i will be informed by my contacts. i also verify the EC from sub regr office and patta chitta adangal and A regr with local VAO office.40 years EC WILL GIVE ALL DETAILS AS TO THE PAST OWNER SHIP.
A THROUGH STUDY OF ALL PARENT DOCUMENTS WILL GIVE IF ANY LEGAL AND TITLE ISSUES ARE INVOLVED. I ALSO CHECK LEGAL HEIR SHIP CERTIFICATES IN CASE ANY PREVIOUS OWNERS ARE NOT ALIVE. I ALSO ASCERTAIN PARTION DEEDS IF ANY ARE DONE IN THE PAST. SO FAR IN MY EXPERIENCE I HAVE NOT DEALT WITH ANY LITIGATED UN CLEAR TITLE PROPERTIES AND I ALSO INSIST MY CLIENTS TO ENSURE 100%VERIFICATION AT THEIR END ALSO.FINALLY THE SALE AGREEMENT WILL CLEARLY MENTION THAT IN CASE OF ANY TITLE ISSUES COMING TO LIGHT BEFORE REGN OF PROPERTY ,THE AGREEMENT WILL BE NULL AND VOID.

raghupathiv

dear mr. Venkataraman,

how do you identify the land for sale?

Regards,
shweta
This is the most difficult part as not all of my resources are genuine and do not have or do the much required spade work as I narrated above. So when a proposal for sale comes to me, I personally visit the place and make discreet enquiries as to the sale of land mentioned by my contacts. When contradicting reports and negative feed back is given I just drop the property deal.

i mostly operate with in a circle of 20 to 25 km in and around kumbakonam since my clients want fertile agri lands at reasonable price range up to 10 lacs per acre. Being a native of this town since birth and having wide spread contacts in this field, i get details about various available lands coming for sale. The information will be 75 :25 with regard to correctness and real field situation when i go for first inspection. Gathering details about available lands is not that much difficult but identifying pucca sale able lands is the main work.

Last edited by a moderator:

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Raghupathi,

Who are your target customers and how do you reach them? How do you identify the demand of the lands?

Regards,
Shweta

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Raghupathi,

Who are your target customers and how do you reach them? How do you identify the demand of the lands?

Regards,
Shweta
I ensure 100% satisfaction to my clients when the deal is successfully negotiated to every ones acceptance. I do not stop with mere purchase and registration of document for my clients. I help them in patta transfer, electricity free power name transfer, take them to local agri dept for subsidy and farm machinery, and look after their farming needs when they entrust some of the work if they can’t attend to it directly and personally. This is the main reason and secret behind the growth of my initiative. When an idea is successfully sown in ones mind and heart, then the work is almost done. I do not reach any one. They come to me all across the globe. I do not simply treat this as a business but I try to impress them with the all the resources at my command why they should enter farming and do their role in preserving mother nature for the future and well being of our next generation.

Shares -

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Raghupathi,

If anyone wants to buy the land what is the procedure for same?

Regards,
Shweta
First they should know their limitations, budget and expectations, whether they can devote their time, energy, and have bountiful of patience after entering farming. This is one field where success and profit is assured if one has all these 3 basic rules and follow it. They should not take a big step immediately but a reasonable investment is required to break even over a period of 3-4 years. In the initial stages they may even be frustrated with so much of field work involved and may even wonder whether they took the right decision. But patience with local labor scenario, government department related activities, and travel in case they are to commute weekly or twice in a month initially. But once the 3 rules are observed and accept the local condition and scenario then there will be no stopping of their role and activity. So I will suggest to prospective buyers to ensure these points and take a right decision before venturing in to farming.

Shares -

raghupathiv

Is there any limit (acres) on owning agricultural land in Pondicherry, Union territory?
now i have info on your last q. about which i sought time.
there is no limit in owning agri lands in the U.T of pondy.
but the price range starts from minimum of 15 lacs even in karaikal region.

raghupathiv

can you be pl more specific in your question. I under stand your point? To give a correct answer i need you to be much clearer in your q.
i wrote last time to explain your q. much clearer and clarify what you men by being a legal former even if you dont have ancestral land?. pl come with your clarification soon.

raghupathiv

dear mr. Raghupathi,

who are your target customers and how do you reach them? How do you identify the demand of the lands?

Regards,
shweta
i do not have any target group of customers.
I am getting periodical and regular queries about buying agri lands in this cauvery delta region. Majority of them are fresh through your website and other agri info forums. Also the existing customers tell their friends and relatives about me and my activities, after their personal visits to my diary and agri farms. They are my ambassadors and my success in this field is mainly through word of mouth and your site.with existing client base and daily queries there is no need to reach any one. I am satisfied with my present business level since this keeps me going active almost all 7 days in the week.
The identification of fertile agri lands and farms is personally done by me through direct personal visits to villages and my contacts there. The demand for agri lands is always growing and the fact is the availability of fertile and competitive agri lands are not many.agri lnds with best location, approach to field, free power, water bodies near by are hard to find and i need to limit the marketing due to scarcity and i do not show all available lands to my clients. First i will know their budget, capacity and where with all to enter active agri field work and interest. There is no point in getting lands fir inactive and investment oriented persons.

editorialteam

Growth prospects and challenges of real estate industry.

The genuine trouble free saleable agri lands are not many and becoming scarce. One has to scout for pucca properties over a month even, and it is becoming difficult to identify the genuine lands coming for sale. Growth rate is satisfactory but only those with similar back round can survive for long in this field.

1. The recent irrational revision in the guide line value of agri lands in Tamilnadu is not conducive and encouraging for land sale and purchases.

2. Human power shortage is a worry and mechanization of farming is not adequately compensating this since government help is not that much forth coming. This will discourage willing agripreneurs in the future.

3. Free power and more hours of electricity supply to farmers for the agri lands and cultivation is must and mandatory. This will adequately compensate river water shortage in Cauvery basin and delta region.

4. Government support to new farmers in the form of knowledge sharing, support and subsidy available schemes should be more.

5. Bio and organic farming to gain momentum and spread to new farmers to minimize agri expenses.

6. Remunerative price for products and scientific farming with integrated support is must for all farmers.

As shared by-