Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Attention All Guar cultivator and farmers

Register

Click Here!

sarangpuria

Dear All,

I have been reading few threads over here and in other sites about Gaur cultivation. I am bit skeptical about cultivating this crop due to lack of experience in it. The similar moment was there with Emu birds and Malabar neem earlier, however, not many people were successful in those two areas in my area.

Are there any farmers who has experience in Gaur cultivation, if so can i request you to share your experiences to help other aspiring farmers to make a right decission.

Many thanks,
Satish
yes i have cont 9416148826

kayel

request advice on guar seed

dear mr. Cyborg and m/s. Pacific herbs thank you for your information. I request some more information on this guar. 1. Which variety will be suitable for sowing. 2. Will pusha navbahar variety that is available in tamilnadu fetch more yield. 3. What will be the average yield of seed per acre. 4. Where can i buy the seed for sowing and at what price. 5. What are the precautions to be observed while harvesting. 6. Will there be any wastage during procurement. If so , how to measure the wastage. 7. Can i get any reference of the buyer for the final product.. Seed. 8. Should i do any processing on the final product seed or i sale the seeds as it is bought from the farm yard. 9. Is there any tax or chess or levy for this guar seed during transportation from state to state. 10. Can i export this seed directly. Please let me know readers. Thanks.

kayel

guar seed informations

dear m/s. Pacific herbs, i am ready to contact you directly for my queries about guar cultivation. However it will be better if you could answer in this forum in order to motivate more farmers to cultivate this guar. More over you are conducting more seminars on this. Hence i feel there wont be any hesitation from your end to create more awareness. Thanks.

kayel

guar seed price

dear readers the guar seed market price closed on 26.11.12 was rs. 8667/- . With a drastic down fall on 27.11.12 the guar seed price came down to rs. 2560/-. What its future could be.

taori

dear m/s. Pacific herbs, i am ready to contact you directly for my queries about guar cultivation. However it will be better if you could answer in this forum in order to motivate more farmers to cultivate this guar. More over you are conducting more seminars on this. Hence i feel there wont be any hesitation from your end to create more awareness. Thanks.
I do agree with you kayel.The purpose of this thread is to share data related to guar so as to clear the cloud of doubt .If Pacific Herb has something to tell ,share that with forum readers

taori

dear readers the guar seed market price closed on 26.11.12 was rs. 8667/- . With a drastic down fall on 27.11.12 the guar seed price came down to rs. 2560/-. What its future could be.
What is the source of your information?
These rate of are of which mandi Mr Kayel?

kayel

guar seed price source

dear mr. Taori, the price quoted is from jodhpur mandi. It seems the hike is due to less arrivals. The source is Capital market. You can log into marketonmobile.com and find more details. If there is any difference of opinion please let me know. In my personal view the guar seed price will be around rs. 30000 by february march 2013. Thats why i am trying to cultivate guar in about 300 acres in tamilnadu under contract farming. But due to financial problem i could not. However anyone interested should make their own analysis. Please share your views.

Current Market Analysis for Guar

Stockists Activities:-

Speculators are active in the market. Stockists activity is very low.

Weather Condition:-

Winter is setting in, in Northern part of the country.

Demand/Price Trend:-

During the week guar price moved mainly due to weak arrival than expected and regular demand of food grade powder and splits.

Guar arrival was expected to be lower due to one week’s vacation in Gujarat where majority of seed arrival had started. However, there was expectation of picking up of arrival from Haryana and Ganganagar region of Rajasthan but farmers started holding back the seed in expectation of good price in coming days, which is a new experience in market. We have to see sustainability of such efforts.

In addition harvesting of crop in Haryana and Ganganagar is being completed upto 50%. Remaining is in progress but it is slow. Hence, during this season arrival will be in full flow during the month of December only

There is some improvement in demand of splits from China and powder of food application. Demand in oil field continues to be very weak. After the recent rise in price, demand is not expected unless otherwise there is some urgency which does not look to be the case.

Crop estimate remains to be over 20 million bags of 100 kg each which is equivalent to 500K MT powder. Hence overall supply situation of powder throughout the year looks to be good but any short term price volatility will depend on crop arrival v/s demand. In long term price trend will depend on oil field demand which so far has not picked up and also its overall volume is uncertain.

Last edited:

anita77

Current Market Analysis for Guar

Stockists Activities:-

Speculators are active in the market. Stockists activity is very low.

Weather Condition:-

Winter is setting in, in Northern part of the country.

Demand/Price Trend:-

During the week guar price moved mainly due to weak arrival than expected and regular demand of food grade powder and splits.

Guar arrival was expected to be lower due to one week’s vacation in Gujarat where majority of seed arrival had started. However, there was expectation of picking up of arrival from Haryana and Ganganagar region of Rajasthan but farmers started holding back the seed in expectation of good price in coming days, which is a new experience in market. We have to see sustainability of such efforts.

In addition harvesting of crop in Haryana and Ganganagar is being completed upto 50%. Remaining is in progress but it is slow. Hence, during this season arrival will be in full flow during the month of December only

There is some improvement in demand of splits from China and powder of food application. Demand in oil field continues to be very weak. After the recent rise in price, demand is not expected unless otherwise there is some urgency which does not look to be the case.

Crop estimate remains to be over 20 million bags of 100 kg each which is equivalent to 500K MT powder. Hence overall supply situation of powder throughout the year looks to be good but any short term price volatility will depend on crop arrival v/s demand. In long term price trend will depend on oil field demand which so far has not picked up and also its overall volume is uncertain.
Dear sir,

Let us your suggestions on Guar Gum cultivation in Andra Pradesh? Can you guide me to correct person or firm in A.P. & let me know your directions on the same. It would be great help to start Gaur Gum cultivation.

Thanks & Regards,
Kishore.

Pacific herb

Guargum Certified Seed, AP

Attn. Mr Kishor, We Pacific Agro Pioneer Company in the field of Guargum plantation in Andhra Pradesh, recently on 11 Nov. we had organised National Seminar on Guargum "Plantation & Marketing" at Hotel Fortune, Begumpet, Hyderabad. Which was attended by more thn 250 delegates and the Chief guest chair was hounred by Dr R S Saini, Chief Consultant Agri, Planning commission, Govt. of India. We provide all Guargum Plantation related services in all over AP, please contact through ouremail directly or even you can make the call to me at 094228 81280. Present rate of gurgum see at Rajasthan is Rs12,500/quintal which is likely to go upto Rs.20,000 in 15 or 30 days.

Pacific herb

Guar price up trends continue

Attn All guargum cultivator/grower, up trend is on Rate of Guar seed (product) as on 4th December is Rs.14,000/quintal This is very good time for Andhra Pradesh and south state to go for Guragum cultivation because in this season there is no much risk and Yield be high as compare to Kharp season and rate is also likely to be high may be Rs.20,000/quintal and above. Certified high yileding seeds are available with us along with technical expert advice for cultivation.

shanmuga06

Mr.Sathish

On what basis you have include the malabar neem cultivation.And also how many farmers have affected /cheated in malabar neem cultivation.?

A Sivakumar

saleem4u

Hi everyone, I need 10 Acres (min 5Acre) of good fertile agricultural land around Anantpur Dist, (near by Penukonda is preferable) for cultivation of Colored Capsicum. Planing to start Green house within same land itself.

Intrested parties can contact me on mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

agrootec

I am a commodity expert , since one year i was working on Guar Guar Seed and Guar Gum. I was not expecting this type of the dead lock. These are following reason which are making the situation problematic.

As today not a single gum factory is processing the Guar Seed Into guar gum. Stocking is the main part of this processing no one would like to stock at this fluctuating price.

There are no fresh order of guar gum export from the international buyer

The financial of Guar Gum companies will explain you all the situation.

There is continuous down fall in the stock of the companies since 6-7 months.

Please read the article regarding the replacement and down fall in export.

Guar gum exports to fall as drillers seek substitutes

India’s exports of guar gum, a thickening agent used for oil and gas extraction, may drop for the first time in three years after a record surge in prices forced drilling companies to seek cheaper alternatives.

Shipments may decline as much as 30% in the year that began on April 1 from 650,000 tonnes a year earlier, said P.K. Hissaria, president of the Indian Guar Gum Manufacturers Association. Exports in the six months through September were about 100,000 tonnes and sales will accelerate from this month with the arrival of the new crop, he said.
Falling exports may weigh on prices, which have slumped about 63% since reaching a record in March, lowering costs for oil and gas drilling services companies including Halliburton Co. and Baker Hughes Inc. Lower prices will allow food companies easy access to a raw material that’s also used as an ingredient in food emulsifiers, additives and thickeners. “Low demand and high supply translates into lower prices,” said Charlie Blanchard, an analyst with Bloomberg New Energy Finance. Guar gum rallied more than ninefold in one year to Rs.95,920 per 100kg on the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Ltd in Mumbai, forcing the commodity market regulator to suspend futures trading in March. The rally boosted costs for Halliburton, the world’s largest provider of hydraulic fracturing services, chief executive officer Dave Lesar said in a conference call with analysts on 17 October.

Halliburton and Baker Hughes help companies drill and complete oil and gas wells using a pressure-pumping technique known as fracking, which blasts water mixed with sand and chemicals underground to free trapped hydrocarbons from shale formations. Guar is made into a thickening gel used to carry sand down a well and into the cracks created from fracturing.

India accounts for more than 70% of the global production of guar, which means cow food in Hindi, according to the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. The seed is also grown in Pakistan and the US.

“Spot prices have slumped to $6,500 a tonne since India banned futures trading and on expectations of a bigger crop,” said Mitul Shah, managing director of Rama Industries, India’s third largest shipper. Oil and gas drilling companies will use guar only if prices were about $5,500 a tonne as alternatives such as carbon methyl cellulose were available at lower prices, he said.

Higher inventories with the drilling companies and slowing drilling activities had reduced demand for Indian guar gum supplies, Shah said.

“Moving into next year, we expect a reduction in guar costs as we take deliveries of new lower-cost inventory, which we believe will translate into a tailwind to our PE margins in 2013,” Halliburton’s Lesar said. Halliburton has developed an alternative to guar gum called PermStim that’s highly competitive in the event of future guar cost escalation, Timothy J. Probert, president for strategy and corporate development, told analysts.
Guar seed production may climb to as much as 2.5 million tonnes this year, enough to make at least 600,000 tonnes of guar gum, from about 1.5 million tonnes in 2011-12, manufacturers’ association’s Hissaria said. “The harvest has begun and arrivals will gather pace from the end of this month,” he said. Bl

Farmer must take wise decisions instead on making loss for them selves

Last edited by a moderator:

sahil1

Mr Ganesh
I don't think there is any sort of communication error or language problem.
you did offered me to buy guar @1000 -1500 Rs.
Even if it is the case that you provide consultancy on PAID basis then you could have let us know at the time we called you instead of offering such low rates.
Anyways,
Do let us know your offer of consultancy also, could please shed a light on the current rate of Guar.
Varun

I need to buy hg365 hg563 and rgc936 all certified for cultivation do you anyone and can you please send you contact and ph num

Thanks

cyborg_jp

Dear newbie farmers of guar gum of A.P.
Don't forget to watch a video on Guar seed cultivation for new farmers on ETV tomorrow (17th Jan 2013) early morning at 06:30 A.M. ETV (telugu channel) Program Name: Annadata (Agriculture program for A.P. farmers.)
Hope this helps in answering most of your queries on guar cultivation for first time.
-JP

cyborg_jp

Dear newbie farmers of guar gum of A.P.
Don't forget to watch second part video on Guar seed cultivation for new farmers on ETV tomorrow (18th Jan 2013) early morning at 06:30 A.M. ETV (telugu channel) Program Name: Annadata (Agriculture program for A.P. farmers.)
Hope this helps in answering most of your queries on guar cultivation for first time.
-JP

cyborg_jp

A sustained fall in the price of guar seed and its derivative, guar gum, has put the BSE-listed Vikas WSP in a tight spot, with its share price down 73 per cent.

There has been a surge in sowing and, therefore, in expected output; prices have, accordingly, slid. In April, at the beginning of the sowing season, Vikas had distributed around 100,000 bags (a quintal each) of guar seed to farmers and invited them to sow this cattlefeed, for which the company guaranteed a minimum assured purchase price of Rs 50 a kg. “We are committed to procure at that price, irrespective of price movement during the harvesting season. We would commence procurement from November 1 at Rs 50 a kg,” said Jitendra Jindal, vice-president of Vikas. Efforts to reach B D Agarwal, the managing director, were not successful.

The price of guar seed has halved in 10 weeks, to below Rs 42 a kg. The commodity for delivery in October was traded at Rs 42.10 a kg, while that of November and December delivery was quoted at Rs 41.3 a kg and Rs 41.70 a kg on the National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange. Guar gum contracts for delivery in October, November and December were traded at Rs 116.8 a kg, Rs 115.0 a kg and Rs 116.4 a kg, respectively.

“2012 was an exceptional year for guar seed and gum, which saw the price hitting Rs 330 a kg and Rs 1,000 a kg, respectively. Looking at this price level, farmers shifted aggressively from bajra and moth to guar seed this season. Consequently, sowing area and output are expected to rise this season by 150 per cent at least,” said Purushottam Isaria, president of the All India Guar Gum Manufacturers Association.

The favourable monsoon rain has helped. The Rajasthan Agriculture Board recently said the total sowing area of guar seed almost doubled at 817,000 hectares as on July 15 as against 475,000 ha on the same date last year.

“While the seed price might plunge below Rs 40 a kg, gum will see below Rs 110 a kg in the peak harvesting season,” said Prerana Desai, vice-president, Kotak Commodity Services.

Jindal says the company is thinking long term. Guar gum demand has been robust from abroad, especially from America, due to the shale gas boom (guar is a key constituent in this mode of production). And, “a high guar seed price to farmers this year will guarantee supply assurance from them for the future. Hence, the one-time hit on raw material price might be compensated later,” he said.
-Business Standard dtd 01 Aug 2013
What rate guar seeds will be in Feb 2013 is like speculating in the stock market. It will be better to play safe as more and more land is going to be under guar in almost all the states of India there will be pressure to sell the produce as large no. of stocks arrive in the market next year. Assuming guar finds support at Rs. 5000 and resistance at Rs. 6000 and above, it will be safe to assume guar produce will fetch Rs. 4500 at the farm gate in the South. With no guar market or guar gum manufacturer in south, transportation costs will be added burden.
At this rate an acre of guar will fetch income of Rs. 22500 for the farmer. Deducting cultivation and harvesting costs at an average of Rs. 10,000, this will fetch a profit of Rs. 12,500 which is a good profit provided:
1. Farmers having land with limited irrigation unsuitable for other cash crops.
2. Farmers are having large land holding and are keeping it vacant due to labour shortage.
3. Rain fed lands with no irrigation facility (but during harvesting rain must cease completely)
4. Farmers who want assured income and less risks.

Hence you can provide a MSP of Rs. 4500 to your farmers to be on the safe side. Anything above (market rate) will be an added bonus to you and you can pass on the benefit to the farmers as per the market rate.
You must also talk before hand to some of the top guar gum manufacturers for selling your produce. One of them is Vikas WSP in Rajasthan who have provided free seeds to the farmers and assured an MSP of Rs. 5000 to the farmers. But their top priority will be to buy back seeds from these farmers in the guar producing districts of Rajasthan and then look for buying guar in other states depending on the demand at that point of time.

Of course this is a pessimistic approach but better be safe than sorry.
-J.P.