Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Attention All Guar cultivator and farmers

Register

Click Here!

thotauk

Gaur seed cultivation experiences

Dear All,

I have been reading few threads over here and in other sites about Gaur cultivation. I am bit skeptical about cultivating this crop due to lack of experience in it. The similar moment was there with Emu birds and Malabar neem earlier, however, not many people were successful in those two areas in my area.

Are there any farmers who has experience in Gaur cultivation, if so can i request you to share your experiences to help other aspiring farmers to make a right decission.

Many thanks,
Satish

taori

Lately there been a lot fuss about the Guar cultivation Many consultants are promoting cultivation of Guar extensively claiming that person can earn upto 50K -60K from an acre land.There are also prediction from so called experts and consultants that even this year the cost of seed will continue to remain around 15K. Many consultants are also organising seminar or discussion session or Walkthroughs on "Guar and its future" by charging a handsome amount from the intrested investors or potential buyers :rolleyes:

A little common sense tells that all these claims of the high cost is only a gimmick to lure farmers of buying the seeds at high rate from consultant and keep there business going at cost of farmers hard earned money.
Almost every 3rd farmer in Northern region is Cultivating guar. Even the current cost of seed in the market is around 5000 Rs and it will surelygoes down once the crop is harvested.

As far as we know the high price of Guar is mainly beacuse it was found to be used in FRACTURING process of Oil Well in Europe and Northern America. Company like Halliburton and Shell being the largest buyer of Guar Gum Powder(prepared from GUAR seed) has already developed alternative Way like Aquacel GSA cellulose gum and Aquacel GSH cellulose gum. These compounds are specifically designed for guar gum supplementation and replacement in many applications.

My sincere request to all consultants ,expert and seller is that before luring innocent person they should either come up with some convincing explaination to all the question or should correct there own Dataset. :confused:
also to my fellow farmers and investors , seek all the information about Guar before putting your hard earned money

Last edited:

IF we consider the rate of Guar 5000/Qt. I am taking an average production of 8-9 qt. It will come around 45,000/-/acre + Fodder of 10,000/- + Nitrogen fixation in soil 5000/- that will used in next crop.

IF you deduct the expenses for the cultivation 5000/-. Still it is giving you return of 50,000/Acre with in Three months. Your farm is free for other crop for rest 9 months. IF you take 2 crops of guar in a year. The net return for 6 months is 1,00,000 /-. deduct the Nitrogen saving 10,000/-.

There is Net 90,000/- return per 6 months/acre. With a investment of 10,000 only. with out damaging your soil and land.

It is lean time as new crop is suppose to come in market. The stockist activity is nil. There is no material in the market. First the seed will saturate the market then it will lead the stockist activity.

That will increase the demand of Guar seed.

The current year scenario.

1. Due to poor monsoon at initial stage , the crop was damaged.
2. In the late sowing there is no flowerings.
3. In the low temperature and high humidity there is disease attack on crop on major guar crop grown area.
4. New guar gum plants has established, all the plant will source the seed only from this crop.
5. As per the nearest alternate of gar gum is concerned, that was costlier than guar , when the guar seed rate was 7,000/ Qt.

In my prediction the Guar seed will reach up to 10,000/ Qt in the month of Jan/feb/march, the peak period of stocking.

At the rate of 7,000/Qt, Still the Guar is cheapest Concentrate for the milking cattle.

Why do you go for Guar only for earning, Why do forget its use as fertilizer, green vegetable, fodder, short duration, nitrogen fixation.......

It is crop of Poor................for cash, for fodder, for vegetable, for fertilizers..............with low investment.... I can challenge any one if there is any other crop, which is profitable more than Guar as equal cost of cultivation of Guar or less than this.

taori

IF we consider the rate of Guar 5000/Qt. I am taking an average production of 8-9 qt. It will come around 45,000/-/acre + Fodder of 10,000/- + Nitrogen fixation in soil 5000/- that will used in next crop.

IF you deduct the expenses for the cultivation 5000/-. Still it is giving you return of 50,000/Acre with in Three months. Your farm is free for other crop for rest 9 months. IF you take 2 crops of guar in a year. The net return for 6 months is 1,00,000 /-. deduct the Nitrogen saving 10,000/-.

There is Net 90,000/- return per 6 months/acre. With a investment of 10,000 only. with out damaging your soil and land.

It is lean time as new crop is suppose to come in market. The stockist activity is nil. There is no material in the market. First the seed will saturate the market then it will lead the stockist activity.

That will increase the demand of Guar seed.

The current year scenario.

1. Due to poor monsoon at initial stage , the crop was damaged.
2. In the late sowing there is no flowerings.
3. In the low temperature and high humidity there is disease attack on crop on major guar crop grown area.
4. New guar gum plants has established, all the plant will source the seed only from this crop.
5. As per the nearest alternate of gar gum is concerned, that was costlier than guar , when the guar seed rate was 7,000/ Qt.

In my prediction the Guar seed will reach up to 10,000/ Qt in the month of Jan/feb/march, the peak period of stocking.

At the rate of 7,000/Qt, Still the Guar is cheapest Concentrate for the milking cattle.

Why do you go for Guar only for earning, Why do forget its use as fertilizer, green vegetable, fodder, short duration, nitrogen fixation.......

It is crop of Poor................for cash, for fodder, for vegetable, for fertilizers..............with low investment.... I can challenge any one if there is any other crop, which is profitable more than Guar as equal cost of cultivation of Guar or less than this.
Sir,
Again the point is whatever you are proposing is just Hunch.
Saying that the cost will reach upto 10000 in jan/feb/marc has no concrete reason. saying that other alternative are expensive than current guar gum rate is also wrong.Being associated with one of the Chemical formulation company of USA i can say that Oil companies are increasingly adopting new alternatives as they are cheap and they are available around the year unlike Guar.
In a joint statement issued by Halliburton and shell they have disclosed that Guar gum procurements had already eaten their profit ealier in the year.
Lastly but not the least nobody buys that expensive fodder for the cattle so saying that one can also earn by selling leftover as fodder is questionable.
Please explain that apart from july-october cycle when can this crop be cultivated.

First Thing... I am not promoting Guar only for Oil drilling. I promoting it for poor farmer and low investment for multipurpose. Low investment. Low investment means low risk, Means there is nothing to loose and many thing to earn. The fundamental of crop are solid more than stone.

Who ask these oil company to feed their profit to Guar Purchase, If there was a ready alternate then why these company went for stocking at higher price. Might be we don't know, but these companies are having some demand that's why they stocked it and now they want it to come down, so that they can purchase it further.

With in 12 month at any time there can be peak demand of Guar Seed, that can also lead to sudden rise of rate of Guar seed.

There are other uses of Guar except Oil extraction.

As per the fodder is concern that is your production. You can feed you animal. If i talk about poor farmer he must have some cattle for their Milk requirement. They don't need to sell it , they can consume it for their cattle.

Ask the people who run the brick Kline. They will purchase the crop residual.

In North India in the month of march and April you can go for Guar crop just after harvesting the Rabi Crop. That is best time for cultivation. IF you have good amount of water, please see the result under the sun heat.

It is also expected that future trading will also open through commodities exchange that will also lead to high price.

The crop was suppose to come in Market in mid October. There is not the arrival of single bag of in the market of new crop. It is expected to come in Mid November. That is not a good sign and time for Bumper crop.

I am again saying ..................... It is crop of Poor................for cash, for fodder, for vegetable, for fertilizers .............. with low investment.... I can challenge any one if there is any other crop, which is profitable more than Guar on equal cost of cultivation of Guar or less than this.

toms_dairy

guar seed clarifications

Dear Sir,

It is a good rate for the guar seed, kindly send in the procedures of land management for the guar seed cultivation i have mailed requesting for clarifications please help, it is been send by clement.leo7, please reply for the mail i am waiting for your explanation for the guar cultivations, i am ready to buy your seeds. and i am new to cultivator for such crop. i do agree with your above comments on the seeds.

editorialteam

Sir,
Again the point is whatever you are proposing is just Hunch.
Saying that the cost will reach upto 10000 in jan/feb/marc has no concrete reason. saying that other alternative are expensive than current guar gum rate is also wrong.Being associated with one of the Chemical formulation company of USA i can say that Oil companies are increasingly adopting new alternatives as they are cheap and they are available around the year unlike Guar.
In a joint statement issued by Halliburton and shell they have disclosed that Guar gum procurements had already eaten their profit ealier in the year.
Lastly but not the least nobody buys that expensive fodder for the cattle so saying that one can also earn by selling leftover as fodder is questionable.
Please explain that apart from july-october cycle when can this crop be cultivated.
Dear Mr. Taori,

Please tell us in more detail why you feel guar gum is unprofitable and it is mostly a hype created by people who are into Guar Gum?

Regards,
Shweta - Editorial Team

Dear Sweta,

Please look the fact, Just three day before Mt Taori was putting a question mark on rate of Guar at Rs 10,000/Qt. Today you can check it on indiainfoline, The rate is 10,000/Qt. Where it is unprofitable and it is mostly a hype created by guar cultivation promoter.

Might be Taori is not aware about the physical condition of commodity and market. He is right at his place, this year just before last there was no any such significant sign of rate hike. But the fundamental of guar is still strong and it is profitable for growers.

taori

Dear Mr. Taori,

Please tell us in more detail why you feel guar gum is unprofitable and it is mostly a hype created by people who are into Guar Gum?

Regards,
Shweta - Editorial Team
Shweta,

My concern is consultants and so called experts are making so much speculation. They are posting links to articles about guar and defending in every possible way even when they know that prices of guar are very volatile.I do agree that at one point farmer made killing earning by selling same at 30 K but they should keep this thing in mind that at that time
  • Use of Guar was discovered in FRACTURING process.
  • Not much Guar was there in the market ( as people hardly cultivate it)
  • Traders also played role in price hike.
however the current situation is that alternatives of Guar has been developed,there is plenty of guar in the market and also guar has been De-listed from the MCX.

Even a little common sense indicates that market is going to be flooded with crop soon (as per the Agriculture dept data guar acreage has been increased) and so price will definately go down but peoples are still singing the same old song of "High price".
I am not saying that price will definately fall below the expected as i am not the market expert but so neither does the consultant and agri experts....

Last edited:

editorialteam

Dear Sweta,

Please look the fact, Just three day before Mt Taori was putting a question mark on rate of Guar at Rs 10,000/Qt. Today you can check it on indiainfoline, The rate is 10,000/Qt. Where it is unprofitable and it is mostly a hype created by guar cultivation promoter.

Might be Taori is not aware about the physical condition of commodity and market. He is right at his place, this year just before last there was no any such significant sign of rate hike. But the fundamental of guar is still strong and it is profitable for growers.
Dear Mr. Prajapat,

'Guar Gum has been De-listed from the MCX'...now this might be an important concern for the farmers. What is your opinion on this?

Regards,
Shweta

editorialteam

Shweta,

My concern is consultants and so called experts are making so much speculation. They are posting links to articles about guar and defending in every possible way even when they know that prices of guar are very volatile.I do agree that at one point farmer made killing earning by selling same at 30 K but they should keep this thing in mind that at that time
  • Use of Guar was discovered in FRACTURING process.
  • Not much Guar was there in the market ( as people hardly cultivate it)
  • Traders also played role in price hike.
however the current situation is that alternatives of Guar has been developed,there is plenty of guar in the market and also guar has been De-listed from the MCX.

Even a little common sense indicates that market is going to be flooded with crop soon (as per the Agriculture dept data guar acreage has been increased) and so price will definately go down but peoples are still singing the same old song of "High price".
I am not saying that price will definately fall below the expected as i am not the market expert but So as the consultant and agri experts....
Dear Mr. Taori,

As new alternatives of Guar Gum have been discovered and supply of the crop would be more, the price would slash down? Can you provide some more statistics to support this statement?

Regards,
Shweta

Yes it was de-listed to find out if there is some type of the financial irregularities or scam , but every thing was no the track, the investigation has bee completed. Please find the latest articles. The listing will be done again very soon As per the FMC ( future market ). Delisting doesn't meat that there will be ban on physical or spot trading.

Please find latest cover to start the listing of Guar

Resuming guar futures on FMC panel agenda

Moneyguruindia - FMC to take call soon on listing guar contracts

FMC to decide on re-listing guar futures on Oct 16 - PTI

Yes it was de-listed to find out if there is some type of the financial irregularities or scam , but every thing was no the track, the investigation has bee completed. Please find the latest articles. The listing will be done again very soon As per the FMC ( future market ). Delisting doesn't meat that there will be ban on physical or spot trading.

Please find latest cover to start the listing of Guar

Resuming guar futures on FMC panel agenda

Moneyguruindia - FMC to take call soon on listing guar contracts

FMC to decide on re-listing guar futures on Oct 16 - PTI

taori

Dear Mr. Taori,

As new alternatives of Guar Gum have been discovered and supply of the crop would be more, the price would slash down? Can you provide some more statistics to support this statement?

Regards,
Shweta
Alternatives to guar gum | Canadian Manufacturing

DuPont champions alternative hydrocolloids as guar replacers

What Is Xanthan Gum?

http://www.gumtech.com/datafiles/Tara Gum.pdf

Currently working as IT consultant with Halliburton project in wipro i can also tell you that halliburton has already raised the change request with us so as to modify there "inventory list" and "working prodcuts" to accomodate xanthan and Aquasol compounds for there projects in north America.

varun123

Please Suggest. we are currently cultivating guar in 10 acres of land and crop is ready for harvesting. Should we sell it off or should we wait? where we can sell it ?We are from Noida

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Taori and Mr. Prajapat,

What would be your suggestions to Varun now as he guar gum plantation in big area?

Regards,
Shweta