Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Attention All Guar cultivator and farmers

Register

Click Here!

varun123

There are more than 300 Grain Market/Manid from New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat. Try to find out them , you can get the detail through the State Agriculture Marketing Board of the state. We can assist the farmers through our consultancy. IF some one is saying 1000 -1500 rs/ quintol rate, might be there is mistake in communication or in tong. The next two month are not the good time for selling the guar commodity, due to Diwali there is pressure of selling. Last week the rate was Rs 10,000/Qt. We deliver the consultancy on Paid basis.
Mr Ganesh
I don't think there is any sort of communication error or language problem.
you did offered me to buy guar @1000 -1500 Rs.
Even if it is the case that you provide consultancy on PAID basis then you could have let us know at the time we called you instead of offering such low rates.
Anyways,
Do let us know your offer of consultancy also, could please shed a light on the current rate of Guar.

Last edited:

taori

Mr Ganesh
I don't think there is any sort of communication error or language problem.
you did offered me to buy guar @1000 -15000 Rs.
Even if it is the case that you provide consultancy on PAID basis then you could have let us know at the time we called you instead of offering such low rates.
Anyways,
Do let us know your offer of consultancy also, could please shed a light on the current rate of Guar.
Executivedirectoraci
Let us know the current guar rate

Yesterday the market was closed. By the evening I will inform you the today's rate. I am not a buyer neither I am a end user. The market is open for you the domestic as well as international. Why all of you are depended on me There are more than 300 grain market/Mandi in India where Guar is traded.

cyborg_jp

IMHO:Guar is low but assured income

Executivedirectoraci
Let us know the current guar rate
Hello Mr. Taori,
I second you as all the details you have provided are facts and well researched.
There is no demand for Guar at present in International market due to over-stocking by importers as well as oil fracking companies. Having burnt their fingers, Halliburton and other oil fracking companies will never buy guar gum at March 2012 astronomical prices. In my opinion the support price of guar seeds is around 5000/quintal. Any thing above is going to be self-destructive as already food and other industries are mulling to change over to other substitutes if guar prices remain to be astronomical. Present price is hovering around 7000 to 8000/q, reason being farmers refuse to part their stock at low prices after the bull run.
So what must new farmers do? I think smart farmers must try their luck with initially 2 acres for seeds(10 kg seeds) in this Rabi season (Nov-Feb) and slowly build up acreage and cultivation experience. They must keep in mind the minimum support price of Rs. 5000/q and plan ahead. At the most they may lose an initial investment of 10 kg seeds cost. I am not sure what rate consultants are selling the certified seeds but heard it is around Rs. 400 to Rs. 600. The best variety seeds is HG-365 or HG-563, but not sure if this variety will succeed fully in A.P. or southern states.
More over cost of transportation from the farm to Rajasthan markets is another issue if Guar Gum exporters back-off at the last moment to buy back the farmers' stock locally.
In the end I advice farmers from dry areas to experiment with this crop as a source of assured income as cultivation is easy and water requirement is minimal.
All the Best!
Note: For current market rates, google "guar spot price".
-JP

gbelpu

please let me know as how to identify the good quality Gaur seeds that has good rate in the market .

Pacific herb

Guar seed

Attn Mr Varun, you had talk with me regarding sell of guar seed but never replied my quries, now let the forum know where from you got the seed and who is the supplier of the seed and at what rate you bought the seed and who is the counsultant for you. I have asked you the variety. is it pod variety or gum variety and I have even asked for the sample which you have not sent (nobody will offer the price without looking stock). If you think that the buyer will come at your door step and offer you the mandi rate, please dont wait. Please inform the forum the facts and full story whom you speak, dont give the statement as per your convinence, I have never told you the buyer will come at Hyderabad for buying the seed.
For forum information, Please note the Crude Oil compnies have saved 10 USD per barell by using guargum, the rate in the market is low but there is no stock because the crop is yet to reach market in full and the future trading is yet to launch, the rates are liklely to climb after Deevali.
My sincere advice to Mr Varun, hold the stock, if not possible, take your material to near by mandi, I hope you are from Mathura side, the cost of transportation is not too high, I have even adviced you to find out other cultivator and make the truck load of the seed and approach to nearby mandi. Mr Varun it is very easy to blame someone, try to do some effrots from your side also.
1. Good quality seed (produce) means which can be converted into split in high percentage.
2. Why HG 365 & 563 is best variety and why it cnnt suceed in AP.
3. Why this gentleman advising the crop in Rubby season as the crop is cold sensitive.
4. What does it mean by over stocking, does the gentleman know the requirement of Guargum by these companies and their consumption, if yes please put the figure.
5. Please analise the statment it is controversial (In my "the above member"opinion the support price of guar seeds is around 5000/quintal. Any thing above is going to be self-destructive as already food and other industries are mulling to change over to other substitutes if guar prices remain to be astronomical.)

Last edited:

varun123

Attn Mr Varun, you had talk with me regarding sell of guar seed but never replied my quries, now let the forum know where from you got the seed and who is the supplier of the seed and at what rate you bought the seed and who is the counsultant for you. I have asked you the variety. is it pod variety or gum variety and I have even asked for the sample which you have not sent (nobody will offer the price without looking stock). If you think that the buyer will come at your door step and offer you the mandi rate, please dont wait. Please inform the forum the facts and full story whom you speak, dont give the statement as per your convinence, I have never told you the buyer will come at Hyderabad for buying the seed.
For forum information, Please note the Crude Oil compnies have saved 10 USD per barell by using guargum, the rate in the market is low but there is no stock because the crop is yet to reach market in full and the future trading is yet to launch, the rates are liklely to climb after Deevali.
My sincere advice to Mr Varun, hold the stock, if not possible, take your material to near by mandi, I hope you are from Mathura side, the cost of transportation is not too high, I have even adviced you to find out other cultivator and make the truck load of the seed and approach to nearby mandi. Mr Varun it is very easy to blame someone, try to do some effrots from your side also.
1. Good quality seed (produce) means which can be converted into split in high percentage.
2. Why HG 365 & 563 is best variety and why it cnnt suceed in AP.
3. Why this gentleman advising the crop in Rubby season as the crop is cold sensitive.
4. What does it mean by over stocking, does the gentleman know the requirement of Guargum by these companies and their consumption, if yes please put the figure.
5. Please analise the statment it is controversial (In my "the above member"opinion the support price of guar seeds is around 5000/quintal. Any thing above is going to be self-destructive as already food and other industries are mulling to change over to other substitutes if guar prices remain to be astronomical.)
M/s Pacific herbs
It would be good if you put the facts and finding correctly(or the conversation which took place between us)
During our conversation i clearly told you that the seed is of HG365 variety.
Also there was no discussion about sample of seed as you asked me to contact you after the seminar of 11th. However if you would have asked for the sample i would more than happy to send you the same as i am doing for different companies and different agent.
you was never clear in anything and now blaming me. All you said "Approach the near mandi" however never asked for sample and told that you can buy the lot.

cyborg_jp

Enough of the blame game.Atleast tell what is the current market rate?
@taori- Guar seeds rate in Jodhpur market (Rajasthan) was Rs. 8400/quintal as on 9/11/2012. Google "guar seeds spot price"
@Varun123- There is no point in dealing/arguing with some members as their aim is to buy low, sell high and by misguiding and exploiting some recent trend with false promises.
You can contact a group of guar farmers near your area who may provide you information of the source of their market or any contact of a commission agent.
In fact I myself harvested guar(Nirmal-87) in my farm in A.P. for seeds during Kharif (monsoon) season and sold off the rest to a group of farmers who generally sow in Rabi (winter) season as this is very favorable climate for guar in our district.

kayel

is guar cultivation under contract farming is wise ?

i am planning to cultivate guar / cluster bean UNDER CONTRACT FARMING in 500 acres in tamilnadu by this month. The idea is to harvest by february 2013 for seeds and to sale the seeds at a high rate for guargum processing so that i can settle for farmers as committed. I plan to buy pusa navbahar or rsg or rgc 936 variety for sowing. But after going through this forum i am much afraid to start this cultivation. Is this wise to cultivate guar under contract farming as i planned. ? Please advise me.

kayel

is guar cultivation under contract farming is wise ?

i am planning to cultivate guar / cluster bean UNDER CONTRACT FARMING in 500 acres in tamilnadu by this month. The idea is to harvest by february 2013 for seeds and to sale the seeds at a high rate for guargum processing so that i can settle for farmers as committed. I plan to buy pusa navbahar or rsg or rgc 936 variety for sowing. But after going through this forum i am much afraid to start this cultivation. Is this wise to cultivate guar under contract farming as i planned. ? Please advise me.

cyborg_jp

What rate guar seeds will be in Feb 2013 is like speculating in the stock market. It will be better to play safe as more and more land is going to be under guar in almost all the states of India there will be pressure to sell the produce as large no. of stocks arrive in the market next year. Assuming guar finds support at Rs. 5000 and resistance at Rs. 6000 and above, it will be safe to assume guar produce will fetch Rs. 4500 at the farm gate in the South. With no guar market or guar gum manufacturer in south, transportation costs will be added burden.
At this rate an acre of guar will fetch income of Rs. 22500 for the farmer. Deducting cultivation and harvesting costs at an average of Rs. 10,000, this will fetch a profit of Rs. 12,500 which is a good profit provided:
1. Farmers having land with limited irrigation unsuitable for other cash crops.
2. Farmers are having large land holding and are keeping it vacant due to labour shortage.
3. Rain fed lands with no irrigation facility (but during harvesting rain must cease completely)
4. Farmers who want assured income and less risks.

Hence you can provide a MSP of Rs. 4500 to your farmers to be on the safe side. Anything above (market rate) will be an added bonus to you and you can pass on the benefit to the farmers as per the market rate.
You must also talk before hand to some of the top guar gum manufacturers for selling your produce. One of them is Vikas WSP in Rajasthan who have provided free seeds to the farmers and assured an MSP of Rs. 5000 to the farmers. But their top priority will be to buy back seeds from these farmers in the guar producing districts of Rajasthan and then look for buying guar in other states depending on the demand at that point of time.

Of course this is a pessimistic approach but better be safe than sorry.
-J.P.

Last edited:

Pacific herb

Guar price up trends continue

Attn Mr KAYEL, we are Pacific Agro, Held the National Seminar on Guargum Plantation and arketing at Hyderabad where more than 250 delagates attended the seminar and the chief guset for the seminar was Dr R S Saini, Chief consultant (Agri), Planning Commission, Govt. of India. The proframme was telecated on Etv2 on 12 Nov.
Please dont take seriously the gentleman who is cant differentiate between the Pod (vegetable) and the Gum vairiety of the Guar. You can call our Hyderabad office - 040- 4020 or even can call me at 094228 81280.After the grand sucess of the seminar enterprenuer/Industrialist are contacting us for setting up the Guargum Split/Powder factory at Hyderabad or our suggested place, more over we are also likely to come up with Guargum industry in association with the buyer of gum in near future. We need more 20,000 acre plantation for planning a small split industry at initial stage for consumption of local produce.