Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Advice needed on polyhouse farming for 10 acres Land in Chitradurga ( Karnataka)

Register

Click Here!

anoopraj

Hi All, I am new to this forum and to agriculture. I have 10 acre land 20 KM from Chitradurga. I am planning to cultivate crops hence need sincere ideas. I bought the land few years back and it has just been there till now. The land was last used may be 20 years back after nothing has been sown. I am not sure about the quality of soil. It i snot black and neither is it red, somewhere on a light brown shade. I am planning on starting a polyhouse farming for which I need some valuable true inputs considering the environment and water availability.
Please consider the below queries that I am beginner and do not want too heavy on the pocket.

1) What will be the cost to build for one acre of polyhouse ( low and medium )
2) Please suggest what kind of polyhouse I can choose from the two and for how much of land can I build the polyhouse. 3) What kind of flower plants can I grow and please suggest in how much land I can grow what kind of flowers.
4) What kind of vegetables or fruits that can be grown.
5) Before constructing the polyhouse, what are the requirements needed at land ( like borewell, power, any documentation)
6) How many borewells are needed and power consumption.
7) If I have to change the soil, from where can I get and its price.
8) Where can I buy quality seeds for both flowers and vegetables. ( I do not want to compromise on the quality of the harvest )
9) How do I get the contacts for selling my produce
10) How much duration needed for flowers/ vegetables to harvest from sowing.
11) Who can setup the soil bed and their cost and the drip system .

Please advice accordingly even if I have to start it small , no problem because I do not want to compromise on the quality of the produce.
Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)