Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Medicinal and Aromatic plants contract farming

Register

Click Here!

ravitejam

Hi, I am a pharma professional and I also own 11 acres of land with proper irrigation facilities at 180 km from Bangalore. I am interested in organic cultivation, processing and supply of medicinal and Aromatic plants. Kindly suggest how I can do this. Who will be the buyers?

garao56

Please get organic certification for your land first. Follow organic methods of cultivation for 3 years, then your land will be converted to organic way. Please appraoch Mr. Rajaram Tripathy of Kondagao in Chatishgarah state near Jagadalpur for getting guidance. He is maintaining " Maa Dhanteswari Herbal Farm" and exporting medicinal plant products to other countries.

G.Anandarao B.Sc (Ag)

Last edited by a moderator:

ravitejam

Please get organic certification for your land first. Follow organic methods of cultivation for 3 years, then your land will be converted to organic way. Please appraoch Mr. Rajaram Tripathy of Kondagao in Chatishgarah state near Jagadalpur for getting guidance. He is maintaining " Maa Dhanteswari Herbal Farm" and exporting medicinal plant products to other countries.

G.Anandarao B.Sc (Ag)
Thank you Mr Anandrao for your reply.

venudvg2010

Pl
Hi, I am a pharma professional and I also own 11 acres of land with proper irrigation facilities at 180 km from Bangalore. I am interested in organic cultivation, processing and supply of medicinal and Aromatic plants. Kindly suggest how I can do this. Who will be the buyers?
Please contact me

ponsanthan

Pl let me know your location, I am a Bangalore based medicinal plant expert.
Thanks

garao56

To get organic certification please slowly convert your land suitable to organic way of cultivation it will take 3 years by adopting cultural practices and use of non-chemical pesticides and fertilizers on the farm. Please approach us guidance and for technical project report

G. Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

kantimakwana

I am belong from country-India,State-Gujarat, Village-Mota Asrana. I am an Electrical engineer and my father is farmer. Now a days we are do the conventional farming of cotton, onion, ground nut etc. But now we want to do the something new farming like a contract based herbal farming. So pls to be given information about contract farming. So pls give me a idea about how can I do the herbal farming. I am most interested in stevia farming. So pls give a suggestion.

garao56

Dear sirs,
Please try to know about source of marketing of medicinal plants first and then think of cultivation of the same.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)