Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Register

Click Here!

njaipur

about dairy farming

hi
we have more then 50 buffaloes in our dairy farm how can we use waste material(gobar)in best way any suggestion

thanks

gotha

thanks

thanks ahswini mam pls tell me how to arrange the production of green fodder so that i dont have to buy any from market to get profit and the best green fodders available

snny259

where is Anneuxre VIII

hey there sir can u plz provide the link to Anneuxre VIII through mailing me on
thank u

Last edited by a moderator:

snny259

bio gas

use it to produce bio gas and then the after that the dunk can be sold to fertilizer co. of can be used in co where big boilers are installed

snny259

Regrading the fact about the production of milk per cow per day

i m looking forward to opening a dairy Farm and i have a few questions that i would like to clarify
Q 1: Wht is the actual production of milk/per cow on a daily basis ??
Q 2: Wht is the cost of fodder/per cow on a daily basis??
Q 3: are there any other big Day To Day expenditure that i should know abt ??

i have a first hand data that if a cow feed properly can produce upto 60 liters of milk per day ??? is that true
plz do comment and every ans is very important to me , you can also provide me with ur answer on my mail id
thank You

ajkumar

hi
we have more then 50 buffaloes in our dairy farm how can we use waste material(gobar)in best way any suggestion

thanks
you can generate electricity using d g sets operational using bio gas, you can supply biogas in nearby houses for cooking. the balance slurry can be used for producing organic manure or vermi compost.

kumar

kotesha

How to start Dairy farm

Hi, i am from andhrapradesh i have 10 acers of land with full water i want to start a dairy farm . Please give me suggetions about bank loan ,with how many cows or baffelos i have to start..

snny259

and wht is the scope of biogas production if i have a farm i mean
for every cow produces 10 kg of dunk everyday
how much biogas can be excreted out if a cows dunk

nandisri

How to

Good Afternoon every body

Mixing uria with dry grass is concentrate feed or not if it is not correct

Can any one help me by saying how to prepare Concentrate Feed

nilemilk

Hi,
As I want to give my Packet Milk Dairy Plant on lease/rental so if you (or) your friends are interested on the same please contact me

Condition: Good.
Thanks

nilemilk

Milk Dairy is on Rent/Lease in Tamilnadu

hi

thanks
Hi,
As I want to give my Packet Milk Dairy Plant on lease/rental so if you (or) your friends are interested on the same please contact me

editorialteam

Parameshwar Hegde, Dairy Consultant gives a brief overview about dairy industry in India. He has experience in Dairy Farm Planning, Project Finance Services, Farm Management Services, Fodder and Feed Management and Farm Waste Management.

Dairy Industry: A green investment

In earlier era dairying was an important source of subsidiary income to small / medium farmers and agricultural labourers. The manure from animals provides a good source of organic matter for improving soil fertility and crop yields. The bio gas from the dung is used as fuel for domestic purposes as also for running engines for drawing water from well. The agricultural by-products are gainfully utilised for feeding the animals. Almost all draught power for farm operations and transportation was supplied by bullocks. Since agriculture is mostly seasonal, there is a possibility of finding employment throughout the year for many persons through dairy farming. Thus, dairy also provides employment throughout the year. Nowadays, new young entrepreneurs are keen in taking up the dairy as an investment with scientific approach. More profits can be earned depending upon the breed of animal, managerial skill and marketing potential.

India is the world's highest milk producer and all set to become the world's largest food factory. As India enters an era of economic reforms, agriculture, particularly the livestock sector, is positioned to be a major growth area. According to World Bank estimates 75% of India’s 1100 million people are in 5.87 million villages, cultivating over 145 million hectares of cropland. Average farm size is about 1.66 hectares. Among 70 million rural households, 42% operate up-to 2 hectares and 37% are landless households. These landless and small farmers have in their possession of 53% of the animals and produce 51% of the milk. Thus, small/marginal farmers and landless agricultural labourers play a major role in milk production of the country.

But keeping in view the high demand in milk and milk products, now-a-days dairy farming can also be taken up as a main occupation around big urban centres.

Efforts to increase milk production by dairy farmers are strongly influenced by the degree to which demand signals are transmitted through the marketing system. Cooperatives have played an important role in transmitting the message of urban market demand to them. Since the demand in the urban scenario is rapidly increasing so is the supply generated by the farmers.

Several areas of the dairy industry can be strengthened by the induction of state-of-the-art technologies. Those who bring in new technologies stand to benefit the most. To make the best out of the present situation, the following areas require immediate remedial action on the part of dairy entrepreneurs:

Raw milk handling needs to be upgraded in terms of physico-chemical and microbiological attributes of the milk collected.

Better operational efficiencies at the farm level and processing level are needed to improve yields, reduce waste, minimize fat / protein losses during processing, control production costs, save energy and extend shelf-life. The adoption of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HACCP would help manufacturing milk products conforming to international standards and thus make their exports competitive.

Latest packaging technology can help retain nutritive value of packaged products and extend their shelf-life. For proper storage and transportation, cold chain needs to be strengthened.
Good scope exists for value-added products like desserts, puddings, custards, cheese and yogurt.

If readers have any questions or queries with respect to dairy farming please feel free to post on this thread. Mr. Hegde or editorial team of agricultureinformation.com shall be replying to the posts.

editorialteam

Dear friends,

This is balaji from Dindigul, tamilnadu, i completed mba and i have exp in diary business but i dont have money to starting up the diary farm chould you any body give me advise how to get da loan form bank or ngo or any other finances link... i am ready to work heard and smart my emil id -
if any body know the way how i need to go for that pls contact me or mail me..
Dear Balastg,

Financial Assistance available from Banks / NABARD and overview

NABARD is an apex institution for all matters relating to policy, planning and operation in the field of agricultural credit. It serves as an apex financing institutions providing investment and production credit. It promotes development through formulation and appraisal of projects through a well organized Technical services department at the Head office and technical cells at each of the Regional offices.

Loan from banks with refinance facility from NABARD is available for starting dairy farming. For obtaining bank loan, the farmers should apply to the nearest branch of a commercial or co-operative Bank in their area in the prescribed application form which is available in the branches of financing banks. The technical officer attached to or the

Manager of the bank can help / give guidance to the farmers in preparing the project report to obtain bank loan.

The items of finance would include capital asset items such as purchase of milch animals, construction of sheds, purchase of equipments etc. The feeding cost during the initial period of one / two months is capitalised and given as term loan. Facilities such as cost of land development, fencing, digging of well, commissioning of diesel engine / pump set, electricity connections, essential servants’ quarters, godown, transport vehicle, milk processing facilities etc, can be considered for loan. Cost of land is not considered for loan.

Recently, NABARD has launched a scheme “Dairy Entrepreneur Development Scheme” which can help the farmers for setting up dairy farms, rearing of heifers / calves, establishing modern milking machines, vermicompost units, milk processing plants, dairy product transportation, cold storage, private veterinary clinic set up and opening a dairy marketing outlet. NABARD will give 25% back ended subsidy subject to limited capital investment. The loan application will be submitted to commercial banks, after project appraisal the bank will sanction and release first instalment of loan. Further the bank will submit this proposal to NABARD for subsidy. NABARD will release the subsidy to the bank subject to availability of funds. The subsidy amount will be adjusted against the loan amount.

Regards,
Parameshwar Hegde

nilemilk

Milk Dairy is on Rent/Lease in Tamilnadu

Hi,
As I want to give my Packet Milk Dairy Plant on lease/rental so if you (or) your friends are interested on the same please contact me at 9787741403/09762007650
Plant location: Cuddalore (Dist) , TamilNadu.
Email : nilemilk@gmail.com
Mobile : nine seven eight seven seven four one four zero three

Thanks

aryan56

Dear Sir,

I am resident of Karwar, (NRI staying at Dubai, UAE)

I am planning for 10 - 20 cows, dairy farm, in the 1st phase, please give me details regarding dairy farm for a flull fledge project, which will include the Gas plant & the organic waste etc. I intend to start this unit by 2013, 6 acres of agricultural land is availabe with full water for 12 months,.
I would like to know the full details for this project (each & every small details) as i want to have a big unit in the later stage.
Kindly post me with your valuabe details where in i can use your support for this project.

Regards,

samhitha

Cattle Farm

I want to start a cattle farm with a maximum of 10 Cows
I want to know which breed i have to select for more yield. Even i want to know the maintenance , food, life style etc:confused:.... Can any body help me out... My location is 60 kms away from mysore, karnataka

goat4u

Zero grazing goat , sheep, dairy fariming

Dear Team,

We the Vasudha Silage have got more than 26 years of experience in this business. We are also the contractors and consultants for Zero Grazing sheep, goat and dairy farming, in Socio Economic conditions of INDIA.

we have solution of Dairy farming
Zero Grazing system

In House Silage Feeding Method-economics
This has to be and/ or will be your future dairy operating system.

Contact Vasudhasilage

REF : SARMA

editorialteam

Dear Mr. Hegde,

One of our member want to know 'Is dairy a safe business in terms of return on investments made?'

Regards,
Shweta