Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Yield and Profitability of 1 Acre land

Register

Click Here!

mathi_mika

Hi,

I am planning to start Agricultural Business. I want to know what will be net profitability, for 1 acre per annum.

Thanks,
Mathivanan.G

shaktivel

Dear Mathivannan,

First of all , best of luck to your new venture.

Profitability depends on a number of factors, what kind of agribusiness are you planning, anything related to agri-products / specilaised appplication like tissue culture and so on

Basically it is amix of fixed and variable factors involved in the nature of agribusiness you select, if you can explain me about the nature of your business, probably I can give my suggestions.

Thankyou

Shaktivel

art_agri

sir,
im planning to plant almost all kinds of vegetables,greens n pulses involved in our routine day 2 day diet in small small scales...purely organic farming...no pesticides...jst planning to meet the demand of 5-10 famlies' day to day needs...how much i can earn in an acre if i planned shrudely?somebody saying an acre can give 6 laks in vegetable plantation/yr...is that all true?

cravi

Wow

Just think Logically...
...somebody saying an acre can give 6 laks in vegetable plantation/yr...is that all true?
If this is true don't you think ALL people will become farmers:confused:? ALL you need to do is buy about 16 acres of land and grow vegetables!
You will become a Crorepati in just 1 year!:rolleyes: Tell me how many crorepati vegetable farmers you have met or rather even heard of India!

Just do not by the profit estimates 'somebody' mentioned! Look at how effort is required and how you plan to achieve those results. Agriculture is hard work and requires dedication. If you are still interested in agriculture keep your expectations REALISTIC!

vkv_2

sir,
im planning to plant almost all kinds of vegetables,greens n pulses involved in our routine day 2 day diet in small small scales...purely organic farming...no pesticides...jst planning to meet the demand of 5-10 famlies' day to day needs...how much i can earn in an acre if i planned shrudely?somebody saying an acre can give 6 laks in vegetable plantation/yr...is that all true?

somebody saying an acre can give 6 laks in vegetable plantation

ask the person who told you this how many zeros does 6 laks have.

This is like VANILLA being termed as GREEN GOLD a few years back.

Last edited:

mathi_mika

Come On Guys

Lets have some useful suggestions. I am not here for money. But sustainability is the buzzword. I have lot of ideas. I want to recruit some agriculture students. So I am asking a basic lay man questions. What if we grow vegetables, or Rice, or coconuts, Banana. What are climate mitigation measures we can take. If only experience persons can do agriculture. In computers i can learn any technology in a month. What if i we spend time researching on every activities that should be done at regular intervals and we supervise it. So to start i need some basic answers to start with.

shanmuga06

Multi farming

Dear mathi,

Your question is reasonable and reliable? You are seeking some technology from some agri experts.Naturaly its correct.Here i want to throw some lights in this regard,but how for its materilise?

First up you will make sector of your land and decide to cultivate what products are demandable in your location.And you go head for cultivating the crops as per land conditions.You will plant some valuable tree plantations in the border of the land.In tree plantations two types are availiable.One is short term investment and another one is longterm investment i.e maximum 10 years.my ambition is what you plant in your land you must enjoy the fruits i.e returns.In addition you will grow goat farming in small scale .From that you can get assured income from goat farming.For that you can cultivate fodder crop for feeding the goats.My sincere advice you never go coconut and mango plantations.Keep some cows in your land that also gives some income from it.You will get some organic manure like cowdang.You cultivate the seasonal vegetable crop in small scale .From that you can some income in thousand not in lakhs.Totally its like farm house cultivation.

For more details please contact us:

yours sincerly

A Sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden
Karaikudi-630001
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in
Home

saviof

12 Months Corp

For profiting in Agriculture you need to be able to sell yourself. If you appoint agents or have to sell to Middle man than their is no money in Agriculture.

Frankly, in India you cannot become rich in Agriculture or any produce if you cannot sell.

As an example.

Assume you Grow Vegetables in your acres and can produce atleast 100 Kgs/Day (Which is impossible) and sell it at 15 Rs a KG you make 45,000/Rs. per month. This does not include your Expenses, Labour, Fertilizer, Transport etc. Per year you make 540,000/Rs.

Now think what will enable you to make more money and you have a business plan to be rich.

mathi_mika

Good Starting Point

Thank You Saviof & Shanmugan for your valuable inputs,

I dont want to go rich because of this business. I want this business to grow. That is my only motive. I can invest money on this business. Shanmugam, I dont want go into Dairy or Cattle Business right now. If i am able to get atleast 2 to 3 lakhs net profit after everything, I will surely go for this. I am not going to take the money out of this business, I can invest on some more land or expand my horizon to dairy/Poultry and other things. I heard we can get 1 acre land for 5 lakhs near Villupuram, Anybody got any ideas how much it will cost around pollachi.

Thanks,
Mathivanan Gowthaman

p_k_nandanan

Yeild & different views

Hi Mathivanan,

Here are some reports on profitability and yeild...

Madhavan an IIT graduate turned farmer gets 50,000/- per acre and his target is 1,00000/- per acre (If number of zeros are not correct, 0.5L and 1L....)..

There is another report that V.S. Arunachalam earns Six lakhs from three acres of land and this includes paddy and banana cultivation.

Jules Dervaes in LA, US cultivates on his 1/10 of an acre. They grow 350 types of vegetables and produces 6000 pounds of food, ie. 3000Kgs of food. They are a family of four and they live from the income from the farm.

You can google around and find the details in the net.

But it is always not to have high on the income, rather try to make farming as a life style and enjoy the good health, less stress and more free time.. It is better to get started in the natural farming, as advocated by Subash Paleker and Fukuoka.

Regards,
Nandan

saviof

Agree

I agree with Nandanan, Farming is for lifestyle and not as a necessity. I am an IT professional got interested in farming as a means of relaxation. With High stress levels it give me a pleasure to spend time on my farm ever weekend.

Reading articles on this site also gives me time to experiment with different species.

Enjoy with what you do, money will always flow if you put hard work into this profession. Look at todays Tur dal price 100rs a KG, I have tur dal from my farm at no cost. In the last couple of years I haven;t bought any vegetables or pulses from the Market. I actually forgot what vegetables cost in the market, until today.

rajuks

Promoting agriculture!

All,

I have been in this forum since last 2-3 months and my motive is more or less same as Mathivanan. People invest in real estate, shares, mutual funds and all of those stuff which may give you quick money. Even I have bought 2 houses in last 8 years which helped me increase my net asset by 60 lakhs! But now I want to invest in agriculture. I intend to buy farmland in Tamilnadu and will need advise and guidance. I am ready to reinvest whatever I earn from farming - repeating what Mathivanan said... I strongly believe that investing in agriculture will do the best for our country's progress and being a member of an agriculture family, it gives my maximum satisfaction and peace of mind...

Pls let all the valuable information flow!

Raju

aromedindia

Profit from one acre

Dear Sri Milka
Being new, you just want to the possibilities of profitability from one acre land if a new entrant goes to agri. If thinks move in a positive direction, one can expect a net return of Rs.10000-Rs.200000/acre, depending upon the crop and their combination one selects/manages. For this climatic conditions plays an important role.
There can be crops and combination s where some one can claim higher.
aromedindia@gmail.com

shrutiagro

Good morning sir.
Dear sir. I have 10 acre land. I'm frist time planing arhar dal (toor dal) this end of tha month, plz give me advice i want sort timeing seed .how to grow and which best quality of seed.
I'm waiting for your reply .
Thanks
Email
singhsanjay109@gmail.com