Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What is the sure shot way to avoid PIGS destroying farm crops?

Register

Click Here!

damodara_bvks

I am Damodara Das from ISKCON Salem, Tamilnadu INDIA.
I am facing problems on our farm from Wild Pigs. I have come across people telling some ways to avoid this. Some are saying chain link fencing is useful, some say solar fencing, some say digging deep trenches as fencing helps while some says you have to fence it with wall only.

I would like to know the sure shot way to avoid PIG Problem. Also if possible you can provide the details of how much cost such a fencing/way will cost per running feet.

For details of nos. lands
Please contact..

Thankyou,
Damodara Das.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

Hi

Fencing is a good option to control wild pigs. Trapping, especially where pig densities are high, is probably the most effective control method.

Exclusion

Heavy-mesh wire fences and electric fences may be effective, especially around gardens and other small areas.
For cost details contact animal husbandry department or even agronomy department in the nearest KVK

Regards
Ashwini

padmagreen

Dear SIr,

This method is usefull but for doing some may feel bad, will not permit their culture. But is is very effective in avoiding the pigs.

Dig the boundary soil and keep human hair, for that smell they will not come. It is very effective and cheap.

ramsv9

Use of fertilizer bags or shade net or colourful waste sarees upto a hieght of 2 feet around your fence line will avoid. It is the cheapest way. The solar or barbed wire fencing will not be efficient.

Rams, Ooty