Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What is the process to get land survey done for agriculture land

Register

Click Here!

G

godrama

Good Evening

I own 2.42 Acre of agriculture land in Vaduganoor Village, Utangarai Taluka, Krishnagiri district, Tamilnadu.
I need to get survey done for that land and have to put survey stones in the land.
What is the process that I need to follow, for taking the survey by government surveyor?

Thanks in Advance.
Ramakrishna

kirti s

Hello sir

pls make a visit to ur local gram panchayat first. coz they are the ones concerned to ur area. they will help u with the procedure.

kirti

cyborg_jp

Good Evening

I own 2.42 Acre of agriculture land in Vaduganoor Village, Utangarai Taluka, Krishnagiri district, Tamilnadu.
I need to get survey done for that land and have to put survey stones in the land.
What is the process that I need to follow, for taking the survey by government surveyor?

Thanks in Advance.
Ramakrishna
Hello Ramakrishna,
I don't know about TN, but in A.P. we need to approach the local surveyor in MRO office and submit an application with a Bank Challan of required fee (nominal). Within 30 days the surveyor has to come to your land and start the surveying and also send a notice to all your neighbors to be present on the day of surveying.
As per my experience this rarely happens and you know how the government offices work.
So here is the procedure to get the work done:
1. When you go to MRO office to submit the application, keep a photo copy ready to get the acknowledgement. Do not submit without getting a stamped acknowledgement with date.
2. Keep following-up with surveyor over phone every day for the next 30 days. He will probably avoid your calls. Visit every week to remind him.
3. Exactly after 30 days, visit your Division RDO (Revenue Divisional Officer) office and there a senior surveyor officer will be available. You have to file an appeal with this officer with proof of submission and challan copy (at MRO). A separate application and bank challan need to be submitted for the appeal.
4. After another month of follow-up the senior surveyor will visit your farm along with your local surveyor and his team. They will do the surveying under the supervision of the senior surveyor. There may be resentment and resistance from the local surveyor team during the operation.
5. Again you may need to pay some amount to the juniors as land surveying is a very labour intensive job and junior team need to run and crawl under the bushes and carrying the heavy chains. Yes, in the age of GPS, the surveyors are still using the archaic chains and links.
6. Finally after two months of follow-up and numerous visits, you may be able to get your job done. Note that if you do not appeal within a month, then your application at MRO office will be null and void. Several farmers wait for months and years anticipating the surveyor will turn-up one day, but they never turn up.
7. The above is my personal experience. Hope it helps.

G

godrama

Thank You very much cyborg_jp, I really appreciate you taking time and providing me all the necessary information. I will keep this info for my reference and work on it. Thanks a lot once again.

uk8971

Hello Ramakrishna,
I don't know about TN, but in A.P. we need to approach the local surveyor in MRO office and submit an application with a Bank Challan of required fee (nominal). Within 30 days the surveyor has to come to your land and start the surveying and also send a notice to all your neighbors to be present on the day of surveying.
As per my experience this rarely happens and you know how the government offices work.
So here is the procedure to get the work done:
1. When you go to MRO office to submit the application, keep a photo copy ready to get the acknowledgement. Do not submit without getting a stamped acknowledgement with date.
2. Keep following-up with surveyor over phone every day for the next 30 days. He will probably avoid your calls. Visit every week to remind him.
3. Exactly after 30 days, visit your Division RDO (Revenue Divisional Officer) office and there a senior surveyor officer will be available. You have to file an appeal with this officer with proof of submission and challan copy (at MRO). A separate application and bank challan need to be submitted for the appeal.
4. After another month of follow-up the senior surveyor will visit your farm along with your local surveyor and his team. They will do the surveying under the supervision of the senior surveyor. There may be resentment and resistance from the local surveyor team during the operation.
5. Again you may need to pay some amount to the juniors as land surveying is a very labour intensive job and junior team need to run and crawl under the bushes and carrying the heavy chains. Yes, in the age of GPS, the surveyors are still using the archaic chains and links.
6. Finally after two months of follow-up and numerous visits, you may be able to get your job done. Note that if you do not appeal within a month, then your application at MRO office will be null and void. Several farmers wait for months and years anticipating the surveyor will turn-up one day, but they never turn up.
7. The above is my personal experience. Hope it helps.

You have lot of patience I must say...When will our systems improve?..:(

janardhanan

Survey of agri land

Good Evening

Thanks in Advance.
Ramakrishna
Dear Ramachandran,
To survey your land and mark the F line, you have to go to your Taluk Revenue office, write a pettition addressing the Thasildar mentioning vilage no, location survey and patta no and address of adjacent land owners and your address, affixing 5 rupee court fee stamp. Then fill up the chalan for survey fee- challan will be available with concerned Taluk treasury office get the seal from the survey dept. then pay the amount in State Bank branch. Take copy of all the papers including the challan. attach 10-1 copy with all the papers including the bank challan then give it to the Thabal section counter then they will give you acknowledgment with number then enquire Chief surveyer after 10 days he will tell you the rest. survey fee ts Rs. 60/- per survey no. and surveyer charge is unofficial. If you have further doubt contact me 9884324010

janardhanan

Survey of agri land

Good Evening

Thanks in Advance.
Ramakrishna
Dear Ramachandran,
To survey your land and mark the F line, you have to go to your Taluk Revenue office, write a pettition addressing the Thasildar mentioning vilage no, location survey and patta no and address of adjacent land owners and your address, affixing 5 rupee court fee stamp. Then fill up the chalan for survey fee- challan will be available with concerned Taluk treasury office get the seal from the survey dept. then pay the amount in State Bank branch. Take copy of all the papers including the challan. attach 10-1 copy with all the papers including the bank challan then give it to the Thabal section counter then they will give you acknowledgment with number then enquire Chief surveyer after 10 days he will tell you the rest. survey fee ts Rs. 60/- per survey no. and surveyer charge is unofficial. If you have further doubt contact me 9884324010