Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What is the ecenomics of G-9 banana plantations

Register

Click Here!

rmathews

Dear Members,

have seen that there are several advertisements by Tissue culture labs, and marketing persons on TC Banana, Promognate. ...etc. But could not find or understand the real picture of economics:-

As per Jain irrigation website, aprx 1450 plants can be cultivated per acre and aprx INR 55000 per is the investment cost, So based on that

1450 plans x 25kg yield per plant x min sale price of Rs 5/kg = rs/ Rs 1.81 lacs less 0.55 cost = net realization of 1.26lac per acere.

If so much income is there, why farmers coming up with loss. just 10 acere holding, with above calculations there must 12.6lac per year. very fancy numbers.

it is teh case of Banana only which has just 5/kgm there other TC companies offering promognatae, mango..etc so with these new developments it is easy to make a farmer crorepati... then why it is not happening like that.

One more thing understand for TC, drip irregation is must ? understand drip irrigation will cost rs. 45000 per acere? does it worth to do that ?

ALso whether TC cultivations can do in organic way or have todepend on chemical fertilisation as suggested and controlled by TC companies. ?

what is actual truth?? Hope TC hype is not going to eb disasster for farmers and farmer can really earn and make profits?

awaiting a debate/feed backs

rgds
mathew

kirti s

hello sir

G9 is widely accepted all over the world due to its characteristics,-Golden yellow color, no rapid softening of fruit, increased shelf life.

G9 is a high yielding variety compared to others,
cost of Tc plant of G9 ranges from 10 to 12 rs/plant,suckers will give more production than Mother plant.
Best production will be there in continues cropping.

The advantage of TC over bulbs is that the plants start to flower at same time

rahul d

Hello Mathew,
I was wondering the same thing as I see that there is lots of profit in agriculture but why are people still claiming to go in losses in agriculture sector - is there some other factor that has not been taken into consideration?

I too would love to hear from some experienced people about their opinions as I was planning to get into agriculture (currently am in computer line).

- Rahul

Cost of cultivating G9

As per my knowledge cost of tissue culture G9 plant is Rs.11 plust cost of plantation+fertiliserlabour is Rs.50 per plant total Rs.61 that may vary place to place.One plant yields banas of Rs.150 maximum which depends on market price which is variable depending on place to place.Experienced farmers may confirm.