Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What exactly is Kaikuthal arisi?? Looking for Business Too

Register

Click Here!

yok35h

Hi members,
Can anybody clarify what is kaikuthal arisi ,can all paddy be used to get that ? ,
and also am a rice miller i would like to market/Produce this rice..where can i get the equipment ?
And is hand pound rice / Kaikuthal rice / Brown rice same ?

Sri Venkateswara Modern Rice Mill,
Bala 09842888321
balayokesh@hotmail.com

Hi members,
Can anybody clarify what is kaikuthal arisi ,can all paddy be used to get that ? ,
and also am a rice miller i would like to market/Produce this rice..where can i get the equipment ?
And is hand pound rice / Kaikuthal rice / Brown rice same ?

Sri Venkateswara Modern Rice Mill,
Bala 09842888321
balayokesh@hotmail.com
hello
if you are interested in milling of basmati paddy then we can supply you basmati paddy in bulk.

sahas

Hello Bala,

Kaikuthal arisi is the rice where only the outer shell of the paddy is removed without affecting the bran of the rice. This type of rice is also not polished, leaving the nutrients intact. In our grandfathers age, they used to pound the paddy by hand to make rice out of it. When it is hand pounded (Kai kuthal), only the outer shell (shaff) is removed. The bran stays, giving health to the consumers. This type of rice has a low glycemic index and the glucose takes time to mix in our blood, making it ideal for diabetics.
Though there are some specific varieties of paddy that gives excellent results (Low breakage and high efficiency), I am sure that all paddy varieties can be hand-pounded.
To make this, in normal rice mills, there is a special type of rubber rollers available. I remember reading it in a tamil magazine. You can contact me on mvaasanai@gmail.com if you require any other information.