Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

what crops can be grown in the month of january 2013 in cuddapah district of AP?

Register

Click Here!

perneti

which crops (either cash crops or food crops) can we start to cultivate in the month of december 2012, january 2013 in cuddapah district of AP? Soil type is black soil. I have 7 acres of land with 2 bores. Please suggest me with a proper crop suitable for that season taking all the conditions into consideration. If you suggest a crop of non-traditional type also tell me the source of marketing for that. Please reply me with a personal message.

perneti

hi

Dear technical moderator,

Really that was very nice. Finally you replied me. I want to know clearly whether that was the season for those crops. Also can u tell me which among those crops were easy to cultivate, which needs less water and profitable?

kirti s

Hello sir

Sunflower is the best crop u can go for. as sunflower is a 3months crops u can plan for red gram after that or groundnut to keep ur soil fertile.

Sunflower need very little care except that for weeding.
Irrigation can be done on the status of soil.
U vll have to arrange labours first to do field layout, sowing, earthing up, irrigation and finally harvesting.
The dormancy of a sunflower seed after harvesting is just 28-30 days at this time other operation can be carried out such as seed winnowing, cleaning etc.
It can be grown at any season of the year.

Kirti

ramu1970

Farming in cuddapah

Hi concerned !
see the annual average rainfall in cuddapah district is around 700 mm and rain comes both in south west monsoon as well as north east monsoon ..MSl being around 130 mtrs..major type of soil being black , red ...drought is common ...out of around 15000 ha of total geographical area only few hundred ha are being cultivated with net irrigation area being around 30%...irrigation source are canal, tank and borewell of which borewells are high in number in cudappah district..further all crops like cereal, pulses, oilseed, fibre crops are under cultivation...

I think farmers are cultivating different crops ...it is all due to vagaries in climate and its unreliable character...however some possibilities exist there...

As for me there are lot of potential to harvest rich crop ..which is possible thro' efficient planning of resources..The temperature range being uncomfortable during summer and further the winter too being mild indicate harsh climate prevailing there , thus making poor still very poor and the rich gain out of poor resource available with poor ...

Here our beloved kirthi posted cropping pattern suitable for cuddapah district..

what kirthi posted as answer is a generalization..

WHAT KIRTHI NEED TO DO AS MODERATOR IS that she should collect specific particulars about the location and its previous history from the party concerned and study thoroughly about the possibilities for improved crop cultivation so as to help the farmers in question raise their standard of living thro advanced crop production method for possible commercial crop , in addition to subsistence farming..

Just posting things which exist somewhere in text book is immaterial...

Something innovative is appreciated especially for those of our farming community living in such a harsh climatic condition as to enable them eke out their life ..with minimum surplus production ..as saving...

Ramu

perneti

Hi Ramu gaaru,

Well said Mr.Ramu. Thanks for your lengthy, very much concerned answer. I hope keerthi will notice this and give much more useful information.

Thanks.

perneti

hi keerthi

Im opting to go for sunflower because my requirement is less water requirement. I have 7 acres of land, will it be right decision to go for sunflower for entire 7 acres?

Thanks.