Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

weed cutters

Register

Click Here!

hi all
i am planning to purchase a weed cutter/ brush cutter. i had been to the krishi mela in bangalore and saw the product. i would like to have a first hand information on its usefulness. there is too much undergrowth in m farm between the silver oak trees.

vearth

Extremely useful, however watching it perform will encourage you to use it without taking certain precautions. If the engine life has to be enhanced, ensure that the cutting operations do not extend to more than 20/30 minutes continuously. Give it a 10 minute break before resuming. Change oil as recommended.Keep the machine always cleaned. Ensure spark plug and air filters are cleaned regularly.
Above all ensure that the operator learns to handle the machine well. Proper protective gear to be used. Helmet, GOGGLES, Gloves , and site boots are a must to avoid injury.
The nylon thread is ideal for the weeds. For thick and hard wood stems blades are recommended.
Happy pruning !

shreesh

Cost?

Whats the cost? Brand? Petrol / Electric ? Attachments include metal blade as well as nylon string cutter ? Anything else to consider?

I too intend to buy one so I am just trying to collect info.

BTW, I found that Honda Petrol cutter with both cutter attachments comes for around 22000 - 25000.