Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Available Wanted farmers for Contract Farming - Beema Bamboo under buyback

Register

Click Here!

asrkraja

Dear Sir, I am interested to plant Beema Bamboo as live fencing for my farm land of 32 Acres in Rajapalayam, Tamilnadu.
Kindly share more details .

Last edited by a moderator:

sudhir17

Beema bamboo produces highest biomass as compared to any other tree plantation

Dear sir,
The annual national average of bamboo yield is as low as 1 ton per acre, while the annual state average yield is little above 2 tons per acre. On the contrary under precision cultivation, high yielding clone of Beema bamboo can yield over 50 tons of biomass annually per acre.
Under intensive cultivation of Beema bamboo with the population of 1000 plants per acre, the biomass yield starts from 3rd year @ 30 tons per acre and increases to 40 tons in the next year and stabilizes at 50 tons from 5th year onwards. As compared, under regular population density of 200 plants per acre, the biomass harvest starts from 3rd year with an yield of 8 tons/acre, and stabilizes at 50 tons from 8th year onwards. Due to planting of genetically superior clones and following the precision farming practices, the biomass yield of bamboo is so high that the area required for energy plantation is reduced to 20 times. In other words biomass available from 20 acres from regular plantation can be obtained from 1 acre of energy plantation of bamboo.
The energy potential of “Fast growing grass – bamboo” remains untapped due to lack of awareness of its potential. Bamboo has an energy value of 4000 Kcal with an ash content of 1 to 3% and has a low production cost of which is 1/3rd of that of the predominant energy source i.e. coal. Bamboo stands 1st for lowest ash content when it is compared with commonly available agri-waste viz. rice husk (20% ash content) and coal (10 – 20% ash content). There is no Sulphur content in bamboo biomass when it is compared to that present in coal or furnace oil, whereas at the same time, the energy value of bamboo biomass is almost 80% as that of coal.
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant, which grows 1½ feet a day. The carbon content of 45 to 50% in its biomass is the result of carbon sequestration by photosynthesis. In the process of photosynthesis, the carbon from carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is absorbed and oxygen is released into the environment. This helps to clean the environment by providing oxygen for all other living beings in the world and at the same time also helping earn carbon credit. A well grown bamboo plantation is able to sequester close to 80 tons of carbon dioxide per acre annually which in terms of carbon trading is equivalent to 80 CER.
Among the many benefits of Beema bamboo being used as biomass, one is the ash generation which is very less as compared to many other biomass sources.
As an alternative green energy source to meet the growing energy needs, the project generates Green electricity by pyrolysis from the biomass generated out of Beema bamboo based energy plantation. The project uses a new scientifically produced clone of bamboo and cultivated appropriate nutrients and Agronomy practices. It maximizes the biomass yield to 50 tons per acre to the national average of 2 tons per acre, to produce power, thereby being highly efficient.
Regards
Sudhakar S
Sir I have 03 Acres of Beema Bamboo standing crop of 4 years. Location- Sarni, Dist Latur, Maharashtra. Please quote the price.

gvkgnk

Dear Sir,

I am from Tamilnadu and interested in farming, kindly send me the details.

dheeraz

Hi , We are looking to cultivate bamboo and saw your advertisement. We have sufficient land to cultivate bamboo and are interested in knowing your buyback terms and conditions. We would like to please contact us.

jeesus

I want to start in Bema Bamboo plantation.Kindly guide me in procurement of seeds and method of plantation. How to make contract with company's.